Windows 10: When importing photos I can no longer select folder

Discus and support When importing photos I can no longer select folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When importing photos I turn on camera (iphone 6s) and comp. Connect them. The Photos app goes through the photos and finds those not already imported.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Pops1, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Pops1 Win User

When importing photos I can no longer select folder

When importing photos I turn on camera (iphone 6s) and comp. Connect them. The Photos app goes through the photos and finds those not already imported. Finds them, asks 'continue' or 'cancel'. I choose continue. Then another screen pops up, tells where they'll be or if I'll 'change where they're imported'. I choose 'change....'. Another screen opens with choices of which folders are available. I choose one then click 'Add this folder...'. This screen disappears then goes back to where the pictures will be. For months, the new choice would be named and the choice to import or cancel. For the last 2 weeks the new choice is not there, just the original location. And then all photo related screens disappear after about 2 seconds. I've chosen 'import' (even to import them where I don't want them) but nothing. Still disappearing screens. So I have to start over. Disconnect phone, connect it and start over. Let app go through it's process, choose 'continue', then choose 'import' because it'll just be more of the same if I don't put them where I don't want them. Any help? Thanks, Mike

:)

Pops1, Oct 23, 2017
  2. wiilliipp Win User

Problem with importing photos from my HTC Trophy.

I can't import photos from HTC Trophy to my Mac via the Windows Phone 7 Connector. I select all the photos I want to import in the "Browse Device" and than I press the "Import Selected Items" button. The items start to appear in my Photos folder but when
    the import is finished they suddenly disappear. How can I import my photos via the USB cable without facing problems like this ?

wiilliipp, Oct 23, 2017
  3. JV_540 Win User
    Photos app - Windows 10

For unknown reasons, I can no longer import pictures from iPhone or other devices to a destination of my choice using the photo app. When I first started using this app with Windows 10, I could change the import location folder as directed in the app. Then
    it just stopped working. If I now attempt to change the location for new imports, the app crashes, and kicks me out.

I can recover the photos from that specific folder and then move them around, but this is a pain.

Any suggestions.

JV_540, Oct 23, 2017
  4. Steve C Win User

I find it far quicker to remove the memory card from the camera and read it directly on the PC using a USB card reader. Then just use copy and paste to copy the photos to a folder of your choice. Your phone once connected should appear as an external disk under This PC from where you can copy and paste photos to where you want.

Steve C, Oct 23, 2017
Thema:

1. When importing photos I can no longer select folder - Similar Threads - importing photos longer

2. Photos App No Longer Letting Me Select the Folder I Want to Save iPhone Imported Photos To...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos App No Longer Letting Me Select the Folder I Want to Save iPhone Imported Photos To...: For the first time since getting my new HP computer, I tried to import photos from my iPhone. The photos app used to let me save the photos to a pictures folder directly on my desktop, and would ask if I wanted the photos deleted from my iPhone after importing. Now, Photos...
  3. Photos App No Longer Letting Me Select the Folder I Want to Save iPhone Imported Photos To...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos App No Longer Letting Me Select the Folder I Want to Save iPhone Imported Photos To...: For the first time since getting my new HP computer, I tried to import photos from my iPhone. The photos app used to let me save the photos to a pictures folder directly on my desktop, and would ask if I wanted the photos deleted from my iPhone after importing. Now, Photos...
  4. Windows 11: Can I change the import folder when importing photos from a camera using the...

Windows 11: Can I change the import folder when importing photos from a camera using the...: I want to import photographs from my camera into a folder on my D drive as I did with my Windows 10 machine. I don't want to put them in the C drive Pictures folder and clearly nor do I want to have to copy them over from Pictures to the desired folder. Windows 10 allowed you...
  5. Windows 11: Can I change the import folder when importing photos from a camera using the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11: Can I change the import folder when importing photos from a camera using the...: I want to import photographs from my camera into a folder on my D drive as I did with my Windows 10 machine. I don't want to put them in the C drive Pictures folder and clearly nor do I want to have to copy them over from Pictures to the desired folder. Windows 10 allowed you...
  6. Windows 10 Photos crashes on import when selecting destination folder - Solution included

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Photos crashes on import when selecting destination folder - Solution included: This has been frustrating me for a long time and I believe I have figured out the issue. Importing photos would work for a while until all of a sudden it wouldn't.When I tried to import photos using the Window 10 Photos app it would crash when I selected the destination...
  7. Windows 10 Photos crashes on import when selecting destination folder - Solution included

Windows 10 Photos crashes on import when selecting destination folder - Solution included: This has been frustrating me for a long time and I believe I have figured out the issue. Importing photos would work for a while until all of a sudden it wouldn't.When I tried to import photos using the Window 10 Photos app it would crash when I selected the destination...
  8. Can no longer import photos by date taken

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can no longer import photos by date taken: I HAD been able to import photos by date taken so that they would import into folders by date, but somewhere along the way, I was no longer able to do that. When I'd hook my camera to the pc, it would import them to the pictures folder - but not by date. I shifted to simply...
  9. Photos app freezes when I try to change the import selection type when importing photos...

Photos app freezes when I try to change the import selection type when importing photos...: Over the last year or two I've occasionally had a problem when trying to import photos from both my iPhone and iPad to my Windows 10 laptop. The Photos app appears and loads all the photos on the device. No photos are selected so I go to the drop-down menu in the top...
  10. Photo app not importing photos and can I see favorites in File Folder

Photo app not importing photos and can I see favorites in File Folder: 1 issue and 2 question. I have tried 3 different ways to import photos. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. I have vacation pics by date. 9 - 1 to 9-14. I will do the following to import and none of these have worked for SOME of the folders. 1. SEttings/add...