Windows 10: When importing photos I can no longer select folder

Discus and support When importing photos I can no longer select folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When importing photos I turn on camera (iphone 6s) and comp. Connect them. The Photos app goes through the photos and finds those not already imported.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Pops1, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Pops1 Win User

When importing photos I can no longer select folder

When importing photos I turn on camera (iphone 6s) and comp. Connect them. The Photos app goes through the photos and finds those not already imported. Finds them, asks 'continue' or 'cancel'. I choose continue. Then another screen pops up, tells where they'll be or if I'll 'change where they're imported'. I choose 'change....'. Another screen opens with choices of which folders are available. I choose one then click 'Add this folder...'. This screen disappears then goes back to where the pictures will be. For months, the new choice would be named and the choice to import or cancel. For the last 2 weeks the new choice is not there, just the original location. And then all photo related screens disappear after about 2 seconds. I've chosen 'import' (even to import them where I don't want them) but nothing. Still disappearing screens. So I have to start over. Disconnect phone, connect it and start over. Let app go through it's process, choose 'continue', then choose 'import' because it'll just be more of the same if I don't put them where I don't want them. Any help? Thanks, Mike

:)

Pops1, Oct 23, 2017
  2. wiilliipp Win User

Problem with importing photos from my HTC Trophy.

I can't import photos from HTC Trophy to my Mac via the Windows Phone 7 Connector. I select all the photos I want to import in the "Browse Device" and than I press the "Import Selected Items" button. The items start to appear in my Photos folder but when
    the import is finished they suddenly disappear. How can I import my photos via the USB cable without facing problems like this ?

wiilliipp, Oct 23, 2017
  3. JV_540 Win User
    Photos app - Windows 10

For unknown reasons, I can no longer import pictures from iPhone or other devices to a destination of my choice using the photo app. When I first started using this app with Windows 10, I could change the import location folder as directed in the app. Then
    it just stopped working. If I now attempt to change the location for new imports, the app crashes, and kicks me out.

I can recover the photos from that specific folder and then move them around, but this is a pain.

Any suggestions.

JV_540, Oct 23, 2017
  4. Steve C Win User

I find it far quicker to remove the memory card from the camera and read it directly on the PC using a USB card reader. Then just use copy and paste to copy the photos to a folder of your choice. Your phone once connected should appear as an external disk under This PC from where you can copy and paste photos to where you want.

Steve C, Oct 23, 2017
Thema:

1. When importing photos I can no longer select folder - Similar Threads - importing photos longer

2. how do I put recent import photos into a folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do I put recent import photos into a folder: How do I put latest import photos into a file and give it a file name https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-put-recent-import-photos-into-a-folder/e8d9bdbb-9b9b-4c1b-b567-08d8417c336a"
  3. Can not change import settings - i'e'. destination folder in photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can not change import settings - i'e'. destination folder in photos: When I click on 'change import settings' it will ledt me select a new folder but when i click on 'add to pictures' nothing changes and photos just shuts down....
  4. When selecting photos for printing I can no longer chose a templte other than full size

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    When selecting photos for printing I can no longer chose a templte other than full size: I am trying to print some passport size photos. I can no longer select a template other than full size. Can anyone assist me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-selecting-photos-for-printing-i-can-no-longer/f000372b-5ab0-426b-a2d6-e076e2fdd754
  5. Photos Application Hangs When Importing The Photos.

Photos Application Hangs When Importing The Photos.: In the last few months I have not been able to use the automatic import function in the Photos app, as it hangs shortly after the import window opens and starts filling it with photos from my source. Using an SD card directly into my Surface Book2, or connecting my Nikon...
  6. photo import

photo import: windows 10 won't let me import photo's from my ipad pro - or my iphone - it does not seem to know it's there - I have said yes to the trust this computer when the message flashes up on my pad and phone but to no avail - HELP...
  7. Photo app not importing photos and can I see favorites in File Folder

Photo app not importing photos and can I see favorites in File Folder: 1 issue and 2 question. I have tried 3 different ways to import photos. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. I have vacation pics by date. 9 - 1 to 9-14. I will do the following to import and none of these have worked for SOME of the folders. 1. SEttings/add...
  8. How can I rectify the problem raised, in Photo Gallery app. when it is not import photos...

How can I rectify the problem raised, in Photo Gallery app. when it is not import photos...: Dear Sir, In the past two days, I could not import my photos and videos from my mobile-SAMSUNG GALAXY J1ace- to my PC windows PHOTO GALLERY app. Previously, it done well. Please guide...
  9. Importing into Photo, but want to use my folders

Importing into Photo, but want to use my folders: I gave up on mac since they are not updating my beloved mac mini. Got a Dell with windows 10. I have downloaded all the programs and most of the files. Even downloaded iTunes and my music with the library titles. My pictures though are a problem. No iPhoto for pc so I...
  10. Imported photos

in Windows 10 Support
    Imported photos: I'm what's known as a dreaded newbie and my experience with computers is pretty limited, that's why I joined this forum, to hopefully broaden my knowledge by tapping into yours. Before I upgraded from windows 7 to 10 my imported photos were sent to "My Pictures" and it was...