Windows 10: When importing pictures from my phone in the Photo app on Windows 10, the date taken changes

Discus and support When importing pictures from my phone in the Photo app on Windows 10, the date taken changes in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When importing pictures from my phone in the Photo app on Windows 10, the date taken of these pictures changes to the date of importing current day... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by eleibbrand, Jan 2, 2021.

1. When importing pictures from my phone in the Photo app on Windows 10, the date taken changes

When importing pictures from my phone in the Photo app on Windows 10, the date taken of these pictures changes to the date of importing current day

In previous version you could also select how to import your pictures; I want them to be put into separate folders with the date taken; you could choose between day or month or year.

Now all pictures from my phone are put into a folder of 'Pictures' or other folder if you select that one, but cannot specify how to order them.

And the date taken also changes, so when I see these pictures in the Photo app, it looks like they are all taken on the same day. which is quite annoying.

How can I change this? Have searched in the settings, but cannot find it.

:)

eleibbrand, Jan 2, 2021

2. Photo App ignoring Date Taken of pictures

I file my Pictures in folders for Year. Within the Year, pictures are filed by Date Taken.

When I open the Photo App, the pictures are listed by Year, but not in Date Taken sequence.

Win 10 up to date

Bill

WilliamAndersen, Jan 2, 2021
  3. AmerSwift Win User
    Photos uploaded from camera are showing date created vs date taken? How to change this to date taken in Windows 10 Photo app?

The time stamp on the photos from the camera are correct. Time, date, time zone, etc. When I go to connect the camera to the computer to upload the photos, the date/time are "off" in the Windows app. For example, pictures taken on Christmas morning
    are showing up as taken on December 24th, hours off. The photos aren't being modified at all on the camera. How can I get the Windows 10 photo app to have the photos displayed with the "date taken" and not "date created" or some other date? This is a problem
    when I merge photos from my iPhone and my camera when the timing doesn't match. There are too many photos to individually change the time/date, which I know how to do. I want Windows to use the correct time/date. Thanks!!

AmerSwift, Jan 2, 2021
  4. When importing pictures from my phone in the Photo app on Windows 10, the date taken changes

Photos not displayed by Taken Date

You missed something.

When I scanned the photos I erroneously identified them as 1968 and filed them in a folder (such as 01-1968) in a folder 1968 in Pictures. When I realized the wrong year, I changed the Taken Date of each photo to 1969, renamed the folder 01-1969 and moved
    it to a folder 1969 in Pictures.

File Explorer lists everything correctly., but the Photo app still displays the photos as 1968.

Bill

WilliamAndersen, Jan 2, 2021
Thema:

When importing pictures from my phone in the Photo app on Windows 10, the date taken changes

1. When importing pictures from my phone in the Photo app on Windows 10, the date taken changes - Similar Threads - importing pictures phone

2. Windows 10. Imported 12,000 photos to my Picture folder. Win 10 has altered the Date Taken...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10. Imported 12,000 photos to my Picture folder. Win 10 has altered the Date Taken...: Windows 10. Imported 12,000 photos to my Picture folder. Win 10 has altered the Date Taken to be current date. I have no idea when hundreds of my pictures were now taken. Is there some setting in Win 10 to keep its mits off the date taken? after all that's when the Camera...
  3. Windows 10. Imported 12,000 photos to my Picture folder. Win 10 has altered the Date Taken...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10. Imported 12,000 photos to my Picture folder. Win 10 has altered the Date Taken...: Windows 10. Imported 12,000 photos to my Picture folder. Win 10 has altered the Date Taken to be current date. I have no idea when hundreds of my pictures were now taken. Is there some setting in Win 10 to keep its mits off the date taken? after all that's when the Camera...
  4. Windows 10. Imported 12,000 photos to my Picture folder. Win 10 has altered the Date Taken...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Photo import not saving in folders by month of date taken

Photo import not saving in folders by month of date taken: My Original photo library was somewhat messed up including what was on OneDrive so I pulled them all down to my local computer. Having purged all the problem images and happy with the result I then copied them to a memory card and used Photos to start importing them.However...
  6. Photo import not saving in folders by month of date taken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo import not saving in folders by month of date taken: My Original photo library was somewhat messed up including what was on OneDrive so I pulled them all down to my local computer. Having purged all the problem images and happy with the result I then copied them to a memory card and used Photos to start importing them.However...
  7. Can no longer import photos by date taken

Can no longer import photos by date taken: I HAD been able to import photos by date taken so that they would import into folders by date, but somewhere along the way, I was no longer able to do that. When I'd hook my camera to the pc, it would import them to the pictures folder - but not by date. I shifted to simply...
  8. Photo App ignoring Date Taken of pictures

Photo App ignoring Date Taken of pictures: I file my Pictures in folders for Year. Within the Year, pictures are filed by Date Taken. When I open the Photo App, the pictures are listed by Year, but not in Date Taken sequence. Win 10 up to date Bill...
  9. Photos taken on today's date in the Photo App?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photos taken on today's date in the Photo App?: My Windows 10 Photo App used to have a featured box that automatically displayed all the photos I took or downloaded on today's date in past years. I think I accidentally deleted that box and I see no option to bring it back. Is there a way to restore this feature so that...
  10. Pictures taken with Cell Phone Appear Small When Imported to Computer

Pictures taken with Cell Phone Appear Small When Imported to Computer: Hi, I recently imported all the pictures I've taken with my phone onto my Alienware computer. When I go to "my pictures" and clicked on each one, the image appears small instead of almost filling the screen. How can I fix the image viewer (Microsoft photo app) so that my...