Windows 10: When in games, Windows triggers System.Idle and then USB Devices Get Removed and Reattached

Discus and support When in games, Windows triggers System.Idle and then USB Devices Get Removed and Reattached in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey everyone, I recently upgraded to the latest version of Windows 10. Since that update, my usb devices get removed and then reattached randomly.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Adm Killjoy, Dec 13, 2018.

1. When in games, Windows triggers System.Idle and then USB Devices Get Removed and Reattached

Hey everyone,

I recently upgraded to the latest version of Windows 10.
    Since that update, my usb devices get removed and then reattached randomly.

System.DeviceRemoved [u'\\\\?\\HID#VID_1BCF&PID_0005#7&3985731f&0&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}']
    System.DeviceRemoved [u'\\\\?\\USB#VID_1BCF&PID_0005#6&1434fc8a&0&1#{a5dcbf10-6530-11d2-901f-00c04fb951ed}']
    System.DeviceAttached [u'\\\\?\\USB#VID_1BCF&PID_0005#6&1434fc8a&0&1#{a5dcbf10-6530-11d2-901f-00c04fb951ed}']
    System.DeviceAttached [u'\\\\?\\HID#VID_1BCF&PID_0005#7&3985731f&0&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}']

I've tried a few things now.

+ Update all usb drivers.

+ Uninstall and reinstall all usb drivers.

+ Disabled Windows Power Management "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" on all USB controllers.
    + Disabled Windows Game Mode

+ Disabled USB selective suspend settings under Power Options > Advanced Settings.

I have the X370 Gaming Carbon Pro motherboard and am using the USB ports on that motherboard.

What can I do to further debug this issue?

:)

Adm Killjoy, Dec 13, 2018
  2. 95Viper Win User

[SOLVED] Windows 8.1 Not Detecting USB Devices

It is possible you may need to run VIAO update, after your upgrade to 8.1, to check for new drivers and patches.

Edit: Also, have you gone to device manager and check the item in the menu "show hidden devices".
    See if their are any problems, uninstall any usb devices, and their associated listings in the other sections of the device manager that should not be there.

If need be... try GhostBuster to remove any ghosted devices you need/want gone.

You may need to do a refresh of Windows 8.1 as a last resort.

95Viper, Dec 13, 2018
  3. USB Devices Inconsistent Recognition in Laptop Upgraded to Windows 10

Hi Robert,

To correct your issue with connecting USB devices, we suggest you to perform the steps below on running a
    System File Checker for this will fix .dll files which are associated with drivers:

• Right-click the Start button, then select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Enter sfc /scannow (note the space between "sfc" and "/").

It is also recommended for you to make sure that the USB devices are removed properly from the system by clicking on safely remove USB device option.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Dec 13, 2018
  4. When in games, Windows triggers System.Idle and then USB Devices Get Removed and Reattached

USB device is not removable and cannot be ejected or unplugged

Hi Ai-Ling,

Appreciate the troubleshooting steps that you have tried. I suggest you run Hardware Troubleshooter and check as it is an automated tool which checks the hardware connected to the computer for any known issues and provides the details on how to fix
    them. Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar and press “Enter”.

• In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.

• Click on “Hardware and Devices”.

• Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.

• Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.
    I also suggest you to Disable & Enable all USB controllers and check if it helps.

• Click Windows key + R, type
      devmgmt.msc
      and press Enter.

• Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers.

• Right-click every device under the Universal Serial Bus Controllers mode, and then click Disable one at a time.

• Restart the computer, and then enable the USB controllers.
    Update USB Controllers: To update the USB Controllers from Device Manager follow these steps.

• Go Select Device manager.

• Double Click on USB Controllers to expand.

• Right click on the USB Controllers that is listed and select
      Update.
    How to Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...ndows-10/a97bbbd1-9973-4d66-9a5b-291300006293

Let us know how it goes, we’ll be glad to assist.

SujataMoktan, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

When in games, Windows triggers System.Idle and then USB Devices Get Removed and Reattached

1. When in games, Windows triggers System.Idle and then USB Devices Get Removed and Reattached - Similar Threads - games triggers System

2. BSOD when removing USB device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when removing USB device: Greetings.I'm having an issue with getting a BSOD when pulling out a usb drive from my cpu. It happens with 100% repeatability. So far my troubleshooting has been to do sfc/scannow, dism, windows updates, updating drivers and looking at my minidump files generated after a...
  3. BSOD when removing USB device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when removing USB device: Greetings.I'm having an issue with getting a BSOD when pulling out a usb drive from my cpu. It happens with 100% repeatability. So far my troubleshooting has been to do sfc/scannow, dism, windows updates, updating drivers and looking at my minidump files generated after a...
  4. BSOD when removing USB device

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. W11 Schedule Task triggers when system awake, but gets 800710E0 when sleeping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W11 Schedule Task triggers when system awake, but gets 800710E0 when sleeping: I have a .cmd file that basically issues 'wbAdmin start backup' which requires administrator privileges. I created a scheduled task with the one admin ID on the laptop and have set it to run when the user is not logged in and to run with highest privileges. Also set wake...
  6. W11 Schedule Task triggers when system awake, but gets 800710E0 when sleeping

W11 Schedule Task triggers when system awake, but gets 800710E0 when sleeping: I have a .cmd file that basically issues 'wbAdmin start backup' which requires administrator privileges. I created a scheduled task with the one admin ID on the laptop and have set it to run when the user is not logged in and to run with highest privileges. Also set wake...
  7. Windows 11 hibernation crashs laptop - USB device draining system power when system is idle

Windows 11 hibernation crashs laptop - USB device draining system power when system is idle: Hi,I have the same problem like discussed here with Windows 11 and Dell 7706 with Dell WD19. Hibernation could not be reached. But it seems a problem in general as it also happens with surface books,...
  8. Windows 11 hibernation crashs laptop - USB device draining system power when system is idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 hibernation crashs laptop - USB device draining system power when system is idle: Hi,I have the same problem like discussed here with Windows 11 and Dell 7706 with Dell WD19. Hibernation could not be reached. But it seems a problem in general as it also happens with surface books,...
  9. Trigger a task when a bluetooth device is connected

in Windows 10 Customization
    Trigger a task when a bluetooth device is connected: Hello everyone, I am trying to get more into the task scheduler and optimise my workflow. I was about to add a task when a specific bluetooth device is connected, to open a certain application, but I am lost from the options I have there. I need to know the Log that I...
  10. USB Devices Get Removed and Reattached

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    USB Devices Get Removed and Reattached: Hey everyone, I recently upgraded to the latest version of Windows 10. Since that update, my usb devices get removed and then reattached randomly. System.DeviceRemoved [u'\\\\?\\HID#VID_1BCF&PID_0005#7&3985731f&0&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}']...