Windows 10: When in sleep mode, windows shrink

Discus and support When in sleep mode, windows shrink in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The windows on my screen get shrunk when my laptop goes to sleep mode. When I wake it up I find them jammed in the far left upper corner. I hate making... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by zettM, Nov 28, 2018.

1. zettM Win User

When in sleep mode, windows shrink

The windows on my screen get shrunk when my laptop goes to sleep mode. When I wake it up I find them jammed in the far left upper corner. I hate making them large again. Can you come up with the idea?

:)

zettM, Nov 28, 2018

2. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Nov 28, 2018
  3. Sleep mode

Hi,

This issue with sleep mode could have happened due to corrupted or outdated drivers. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you update your drivers. You can follow the steps provided in this

article

If the issue still persists, we also suggest that you change the settings in your Windows 10. You can follow the steps provided in this

article
    . This will give you steps to shut down, sleep, or hibernate your PC.

Update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Anthony Gal, Nov 28, 2018
  4. When in sleep mode, windows shrink

sleep mode and power options not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Forums.

For issues with sleep mode and power options follow the steps provided below.

Run the Power troubleshooter and check.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Type Troubleshooting in search and click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Now type Power in the search option.
    • Click on Power troubleshooter to run.

I would suggest you to try updating the Display driver and check if the issue persists. If you already have all the latest drivers from Windows updates, then I would suggest you to visit the computer manufacturer's website, download and install the latest
    drivers in compatibility mode and check.

Hope this helps.

Anish A Kumar, Nov 28, 2018
Thema:

When in sleep mode, windows shrink

1. When in sleep mode, windows shrink - Similar Threads - sleep mode shrink

2. Ethernet disconnects when in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet disconnects when in sleep mode: I have Tried every thing to stop it but nothing is working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-disconnects-when-in-sleep-mode/3d8e59cc-f032-4862-8506-cf9138cb14aa
  3. Windows crashing when in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows crashing when in sleep mode: Hi,I am having a problem with windows crashing when I put it in sleep mode.I have already switched out ram, changed sleep settings, changed power settings etc.I now opened a minidump in windbg, but I don't know what driver/file is the problem.Here is the dump:BUGCHECK_CODE:...
  4. Windows crashing when in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows crashing when in sleep mode: Hi,I am having a problem with windows crashing when I put it in sleep mode.I have already switched out ram, changed sleep settings, changed power settings etc.I now opened a minidump in windbg, but I don't know what driver/file is the problem.Here is the dump:BUGCHECK_CODE:...
  5. Windows crashing when in sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Ethernet disconnecting when sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet disconnecting when sleep mode: Ok hows it going guys.This problem started to occur recently. I didnt have it previously.Basicly every time my screen goes black not sleeping, my internet disconnects. im on LAN and not WiFi.I tried to change every single setting.The only thing I cant seem to figure out, is...
  7. When restart happens in sleep mode...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    When restart happens in sleep mode...: I've noticed that if I download a cumulative update that requires a restart and I put my laptop in sleep mode when I'm done with it, it apparently wakes up at some point during "inactive hours" and does the restart. But then what? Does it go back into sleep mode as it was...
  8. Notifications when surface is in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notifications when surface is in sleep mode: I would like to get all of my notifications on my surface when the pc is in sleep mode. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notifications-when-surface-is-in-sleep-mode/afbda3e4-7b97-4520-880f-0bdbf39fd4b1
  9. Windows 10 shrinks windows when in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 shrinks windows when in sleep mode: Whenever my HP Elitedesk goes to sleep/times out and when I wake it up, every screen I have open has shrunk and is jammed into the far left upper corner of my screen. I have to resize them every time. Extremely annoying. I've searched and searched to find an answer for this...
  10. BSOD Only when in sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Only when in sleep mode: Greetings, I am experiencing some issues with my new PC Build. (PC Information in my profile and in the zip file) Motherboard - ASUS Z170-A Processor - Intel Core i7-6700K 8M Skylake Quad-Core 4.0 GHz LGA 1151 91W BX80662I76700K This may sound strange however, for the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. DONT RESIZE MY WINDOWS WHEN MY COMPUTER GOES TO SLEEP!!!!