Windows 10: When installing 1909, will it stay on that version

Discus and support When installing 1909, will it stay on that version in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey! I've been trying to figure out the source of my PC freezing and needing to be shut down with the power button. I suspect the windows 2004 update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Damsauro, Aug 26, 2020.

1. When installing 1909, will it stay on that version

Hey! I've been trying to figure out the source of my PC freezing and needing to be shut down with the power button. I suspect the windows 2004 update caused the problem, since the issue appeared around that time.

If I install the 1909 version, will it automatically update to 2004 when installing it? Or maybe it will force update after the install?

So, is it possible to install 1909 and keep windows in that version?

Thanks!

submitted by /u/Damsauro
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Damsauro, Aug 26, 2020

2. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Aug 26, 2020
  3. Motim Win User
    File Explorer Freezes Sometimes

Hello,Thanks for the answer.Sorry for my delayed respond.Well,microsoft supports 1809 until May 2020, so I will stay with it for a while.Then going step by step and upgrade to 1903 first, install updates etc.Thanks again

Motim, Aug 26, 2020
  4. deving Win User

When installing 1909, will it stay on that version

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Aug 26, 2020
Thema:

When installing 1909, will it stay on that version

1. When installing 1909, will it stay on that version - Similar Threads - installing 1909 stay

2. Version 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Version 1909: Is version 1909 still supported? If so, why do I get upgrade warnings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/version-1909/6239c996-6ffa-4554-8422-9ca0cc126e1e
  3. Windows 10 Version 1909 install errors

Windows 10 Version 1909 install errors: Hi. I am running Windows Pro, Version 1809, which was installed a year ago. Over the course of the last few months, I have tried at least 20-30 times to install version 1909. Every time I try to install it, it re-downloads the entire installation package. I have deleted the...
  4. Installation of 1909 version

Installation of 1909 version: I've tried 5 times, meeting all the OS requirements for installation and having the same problem. "can not open Windows Explorer personalized settings." Also, tried some of the possible solution, yet I would like to have some solid technical advise....
  5. windows update version 1909 will not install

windows update version 1909 will not install: this the 3rd time that I tried to install version 1909 of windows 10 and it is failing all the time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-version-1909-will-not-install/800d647b-834a-4063-a326-5a7b52340397
  6. Version 1909

Version 1909: I have windows 10. Its asking me to update to version 1909. Is this recommended https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/version-1909/b3f913a2-8f77-4ea8-acaf-767aa97b2677
  7. Version 1909

Version 1909: I have version 1909 and I was wondering why the monthly update is so large? I just updated yesterday and one update was 2 giga bites and the same thing happened last month. If this continues on I will eventually run out of space on my computer. Thanks, for a response....
  8. Windows 10 version 1909 won't install

Windows 10 version 1909 won't install: Hello I have been having a problem with trying to install Windows 10 Version 1909 for two months now I gave up during the last attempt in February and just ignored it I have tried to get it to install only to fail every time and get an error: 0x80070005 - 0x2000A - The...
  9. I installed 1909, and Sticky Notes no longer stays where I want it to stay on the Taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I installed 1909, and Sticky Notes no longer stays where I want it to stay on the Taskbar: After installing 1909, Sticky Notes now always moves to the far-left (1st position) on the Taskbar after Windows 10 is done starting up. I want it on the far-right. Interestingly, it starts out on the far-right, but then it switches to the far-left a few seconds later. What...
  10. Version 1909

Version 1909: Hi, I'm Using Dell 3567 with Microsoft version 1803. I tried to update Version 1909, but its not installing completely. After restart it shows the failed message. Please help on this ....