Windows 10: When installing Macrium Free, what is the "Log" option?

Discus and support When installing Macrium Free, what is the "Log" option? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi, When I start the installation of Macrium Free, in the bottom left corner is a little checked box with the word Log next to it. What does this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by NeedUpgradeHelp, Jan 18, 2020.

1. When installing Macrium Free, what is the "Log" option?

Hi,

When I start the installation of Macrium Free, in the bottom left corner is a little checked box with the word Log next to it. What does this refer to and should I leave it checked or unchecked? Thanks.

:)

NeedUpgradeHelp, Jan 18, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

When installing Macrium Free, what is the "Log" option? [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Jan 18, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Radeon Overlay not displaying all options

Ok, I got a question. The options to hide the overlay are confusing. What are the steps to turn on the overlay in-game? Not interested in logging much at the moment. Is Alt-R part of turning it on/off?

Sasqui, Jan 18, 2020
  4. Steve C Win User

When installing Macrium Free, what is the "Log" option?

Need Serious Help: How To Record Video of What is Done on my PC?

I suggest the following simple steps:

1. Set the autosave options in MS Office to a low value say 5 minutes.
    2. Setup file history to autosave frequently - the shortest period is 5 mins
    3. Install Macrium Reflect Free and configure it to do a daily incremental system backup

You should be well covered if you do the above to protect your key files.

Steve C, Jan 18, 2020
Thema:

When installing Macrium Free, what is the "Log" option?

1. When installing Macrium Free, what is the "Log" option? - Similar Threads - installing Macrium Free

2. Macrium free disabled?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium free disabled?: I have set Macrium to do backups, two selections and each one runs automatically twice a week. Yesterday, I thought I would do a check and discovered that no backups had taken place since August 4th. When I checked I found that these backup had been disabled, task scheduler...
  3. Macrium free disabled?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Macrium free disabled?: I have set Macrium to do backups, two selections and each one runs automatically twice a week. Yesterday, I thought I would do a check and discovered that no backups had taken place since August 4th. When I checked I found that these backup had been disabled, task scheduler...
  4. Alternative to Macrium Reflect Free?

Alternative to Macrium Reflect Free?: Can anyone recommend an alternative to Macrium Reflect Free as a backup tool? I want something that does disk imaging, as opposed to just backing up files. I have been fighting with Reflect Free on two computers and have got to the point where, even if I ever do get it...
  5. Macrium Reflect free

Macrium Reflect free: Hi guys ,so I am using macrium free for backing up my laptop windows 10 pro which do not contain any dvd rom.i have a 252 gb external hard disk which I would like to use for creating the recovery disk or iso. my problem is that I do not want to use the full 250 gb for this...
  6. Macrium reflect free

Macrium reflect free: Now it will not reinstall saying it cannot find the target I am going to run sfc then dism
  7. Macrium Reflect Free - USB can't start to install

Macrium Reflect Free - USB can't start to install: I've been trying to create a disk image for nearly a week. I created system image exactly on this video onto an usb flash drive. Create Backup Image with Macrium Reflect by Britec - YouTube Then I changed boot priorty in BIOS. But nothing happens. Windows starts...
  8. Macrium reflect free compatibility

Macrium reflect free compatibility: Short question are the images produced on reflect 5.1 compatible with 6.Long question: I have backed up my laptop over wireless to a network drive. Laptop is running xp and networked desktop is running win 10. I plan to change my laptop hard drive to an SSD but need to...
  9. Macrium Free

Macrium Free: I just downloaded Macrium Reflect Free version 6.3. When I tried to backup my system disk that has two partitions, Windows Reserved and Windows itself, I go an error message saying, : MFT corrupt =6. Please run chkdsk /f. I did that several times on the disk with no...
  10. Macrium Reflect Free

Macrium Reflect Free: Good Day All just curious if this looks right [img] the fourth section of my C: drive is all red meaning full (almost) is this normal Thanks in ADV for any info 97310