Windows 10: When installing Windows 10, One Drive Setup takes forever!

Discus and support When installing Windows 10, One Drive Setup takes forever! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; OK so, I've just got the latest Windows 10 20H2 ISO and testing on VM machine, 2 CPU cores and SSD HD, enough for testing. Installed OK so all going... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Blandy, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Blandy Win User

When installing Windows 10, One Drive Setup takes forever!

OK so, I've just got the latest Windows 10 20H2 ISO and testing on VM machine, 2 CPU cores and SSD HD, enough for testing.

Installed OK so all going good but yet again, I've seen the OneDriveSetup.exe in "Task Manager" -> "Details" killing all CPU cores and taking longer to sort itself out than it took to actually install Windows 10 itself, I had the issue on previous other builds so looked for it again and it still happens.

What is it doing? Compiling from source slowly? Can I recommend having an option when installing so we can opt out of installing One Drive rather than it being stuffed on without our consent? I also want to know why it takes so long to install, it really shouldn't so something is clearly not right with it. I can install Office in 1-2 mins and it's a lot larger in size as a comparison.

Rant over :

:)

Blandy, Oct 27, 2020
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Oct 27, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 27, 2020
  4. When installing Windows 10, One Drive Setup takes forever!

little cat, Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

When installing Windows 10, One Drive Setup takes forever!

1. When installing Windows 10, One Drive Setup takes forever! - Similar Threads - installing Drive Setup

2. taking forever to "setup device for work"

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    taking forever to "setup device for work": the device is a yoga 11e Education Series it gets stuck on the setup and it doesnt stop. its stuck on Joining your orginization network. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taking-forever-to-setup-device-for-work/ba1c3150-d8fc-475c-b8b2-bc3101950b25
  3. taking forever to "setup device for work"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    taking forever to "setup device for work": the device is a yoga 11e Education Series it gets stuck on the setup and it doesnt stop. its stuck on Joining your orginization network. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taking-forever-to-setup-device-for-work/ba1c3150-d8fc-475c-b8b2-bc3101950b25
  4. taking forever to "setup device for work"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Taking forever

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taking forever: I am the owner of an Acer Nitro 5 which meets what is needed to upgrade to windows 11. For the past 2 weeks I have been checking on the update and security and all I get are update for defender and so on but i have not been able to get the upgrade. And yes I did to the health...
  6. Taking forever

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taking forever: I am the owner of an Acer Nitro 5 which meets what is needed to upgrade to windows 11. For the past 2 weeks I have been checking on the update and security and all I get are update for defender and so on but i have not been able to get the upgrade. And yes I did to the health...
  7. Windows install on usb taking forever to install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows install on usb taking forever to install: my brother is building a pc and i am installing the windows on a usb for his pc and it has taken a hour to get to 50% could i be installing the wrong thing? submitted by /u/bigchungusmungus [link] [comments]...
  8. Windows 10 installation working on updates taking forever

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 installation working on updates taking forever: I installed Windows 10 and I let it run overnight and now it is on working on updates and it is stuck at 91%, should I restart my computer or wait?...
  9. Windows 10 Install Taking Forever

Windows 10 Install Taking Forever: Hello, I have a question regarding Windows 10 Installation & Upgrade. I am trying to install Windows 10 1809 32-bit on my Virtual Box but the installer is stuck in "Getting files ready for installation". The percentage of completion is increasing by 15-30 minute intervals. I...
  10. Windows 10 Update 1803 takes forever to install

Windows 10 Update 1803 takes forever to install: I already know the answer to the question I'm asking - how in gods name can a 'feature update' take so long to actually install on a freshly formatted Core i7 HP notebook that in all other respects performs fine? It stays on 80% for 1/2 hour, then 81%, then 82% for similar...