Windows 10: When is a Cumulative Update not a Cumulative Update?

Discus and support When is a Cumulative Update not a Cumulative Update? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've just completed a clean install of Windows 10 v1809 (Build 17763.292) x64 After running Windows Update to get the latest patches, I found that it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ian Mosley, Jan 26, 2019.

1. When is a Cumulative Update not a Cumulative Update?

I've just completed a clean install of Windows 10 v1809 (Build 17763.292) x64

After running Windows Update to get the latest patches, I found that it had downloaded two versions of

2019-01 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.7.2 for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64

The two patches were for KB4480056 & KB4481031.

So are these genuine cumulative updates? Or has Microsoft got another inconsistency in its update procedures?

:)

Ian Mosley, Jan 26, 2019
  2. kn00tcn Win User

Microsoft controversially brings cumulative updates to W7 & W8.1

i think they had a special win7 updated edition in may... in fact i thought they were supposed to be going cumulative in may, i even saw such an update!

kn00tcn, Jan 26, 2019
  3. RejZoR Win User
    Microsoft controversially brings cumulative updates to W7 & W8.1

True. Anyone remembers how long it took to update vanilla Windows 7 with all updates released just 6 months later. It took ages even on high end systems. Windows 10 with cumulative takes like few minutes a year after vanilla was released.

RejZoR, Jan 26, 2019
  4. When is a Cumulative Update not a Cumulative Update?

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3156387) will not install

Anyone else having problems getting the Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3156387) installed? This update has been failing for me & doing a failed to update after downloading & reboot, then rebooting & removing the update.

V 10.0 build 10240

broken pixel, Jan 26, 2019
Thema:

When is a Cumulative Update not a Cumulative Update?

1. When is a Cumulative Update not a Cumulative Update? - Similar Threads - Cumulative Update Cumulative

2. Cumulative Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cumulative Updates: I have Windows 10 Home 64bits.Why does it take 2 hours to download and install cumulative updates? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cumulative-updates/800ed2c8-f73a-4460-a903-c5ae410787d9
  3. Cumulative updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cumulative updates: so I got pop up saying this is available for up dates I installed it will it wreck my unit ? hope not ? I was on 10 for windows now 11 as well: my down loads and up dates are normally fast but for this program it was slow took almost 45 min:...
  4. Cumulative updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cumulative updates: I have been trying since the end of February to update the "Cumulative update KB5011487, Version 10 x64 based system". The update will not go as I keep getting the message "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes". Could someone please help me with this?...
  5. Cumulative Updates

Cumulative Updates: In my corporate environment we are deploying cumulative updates for Windows 10 devices. When deploying a new device is is enough to install the latest cumulative update 2021-12 for December 2021 or do all previous cumulative updates need to be applied?I guess my question is:...
  6. Cumulative Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cumulative Updates: In my corporate environment we are deploying cumulative updates for Windows 10 devices. When deploying a new device is is enough to install the latest cumulative update 2021-12 for December 2021 or do all previous cumulative updates need to be applied?I guess my question is:...
  7. Cumulative Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Cumulative Update

Cumulative Update: Hi, I have been trying to update the 2021-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based System KB5006670 for months now and I keep getting Failed to install on 11/14/2021-0x8007003.After restart it will say getting windows ready but then will say could not...
  9. Cumulative Update

Cumulative Update: My computer did the update and then somehow after the reboot, I was signed in as a temporary user. Some updates didn't update correctly causing apps to not open, emails to not work, etc. So i had to Reset the computer. Most of my files are back and I had to pause updates from...
  10. Cumulative updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cumulative updates: Hi All, I am having problems with the latest updates downloading and installing on my Desktop computer.. A search of the internet for Error code: (0x80073712) seems this is not a new occurrence, but it is new to me. The windows update detects there is this: Cumulative...