Windows 10: when is black really black and not a faint washed out grey?

Discus and support when is black really black and not a faint washed out grey? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This grey coloured faint washed out attempt at black on computers is driving me mad, giving me severe eye strain nowadays. Please is there a way to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jes2014, Dec 12, 2020.

1. jes2014 Win User

when is black really black and not a faint washed out grey?

This grey coloured faint washed out attempt at black on computers is driving me mad, giving me severe eye strain nowadays.

Please is there a way to make the font truly an intense black?

This text GREY it is not black .

I've tried changing font, I've tried increasing font size

If you type say in Word in Calibri 12, it looks washed out grey at 100% zoom.

If you increase the zoom to 230% it looks blacker. The inking look more intense, more concentrated coverage - that's the only way I can describe it.Bold test looks blacker - but I can't go writing everything in Bold face. Even the colour block on this editor that drops down under A on the editor menu is definitely a grey not a black

What is going on here to change the readability? it is not just a question of size there is definitely in my opinion something happening re the contrast between the 'ink' colour and the 'paper' colour, moving it from grey on white to black on white and increasing its legibility.

But it doesn't just affect text with in documents or apps, it affects the menus of programs as well.

I would like to understand what is happening here and to be able to see all text as truly Black

I'd really need a solution to this before my eyes are impacted further.

Thanks, desparately

S

:)

jes2014, Dec 12, 2020

2. N97 - Black or White - this is the question !

BLACK all the way, have you not seen how dirty, quickly the white ones get. black keys are much easier to read, they dont get washed out as bad as they do on the white ones. i wanted a white one really bad, but some really wise men have convinced me not
    to get it. today i am thankful that i listened to thier suggestion and bought the black one.

Message Edited by radical24 on 27-Jul-2009 02:11 PM

radical24---01, Dec 12, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Dec 12, 2020
  4. when is black really black and not a faint washed out grey?

Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Dec 12, 2020
Thema:

when is black really black and not a faint washed out grey?

1. when is black really black and not a faint washed out grey? - Similar Threads - black really black

2. Grey screen with black lines

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grey screen with black lines: Recently, after I was done playing a game some odd black and grey lines had started to appear on my screen. I turned the pc off and back on again, and the problem still continued, in the very view times I had been able to boot back up, the only thing I was able to really do...
  3. Grey screen with black lines

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Grey screen with black lines: Recently, after I was done playing a game some odd black and grey lines had started to appear on my screen. I turned the pc off and back on again, and the problem still continued, in the very view times I had been able to boot back up, the only thing I was able to really do...
  4. Groove Music songs names greyed out to black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Groove Music songs names greyed out to black: My Groove Music recently keeps black out my songs names, also sometimes the album art glitches.Tried reinstalled it but still happening. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/groove-music-songs-names-greyed-out-to-black/cd8b9d9b-8e22-4588-b715-5b4da42e3c5d
  5. Groove Music songs names greyed out to black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Groove Music songs names greyed out to black: My Groove Music recently keeps black out my songs names, also sometimes the album art glitches.Tried reinstalled it but still happening. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/groove-music-songs-names-greyed-out-to-black/cd8b9d9b-8e22-4588-b715-5b4da42e3c5d
  6. Everything is really washed out for some reason

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Everything is really washed out for some reason: idk if this is a windows setting, a virus, or something wrong with my monitor, but everything looks like it has a yellowish white filter on it. it's not eye saver mode, it's much brighter than that. it makes the borders on boxes disappear into the background, and some buttons...
  7. HDR makes screen grey-ish and washed out?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDR makes screen grey-ish and washed out?: Hi! So I've got a new monitor which has an Hdr feature I can turn on from the monitor itself, and it makes the colors a lot more vibrant than with the setting off. But in certain games like battlefront 2, it automatically makes the game grey-ish or washed out with no option...
  8. Screen went black and now washed out colors.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen went black and now washed out colors.: I've tried everything i've seen so far, the color calibration, checking settings, everything. I was in a call when the screen went black and after a few seconds came back, when it came out the colors were very washed out. What should i do, please help!...
  9. no color, all grey,black?

in Windows 10 Customization
    no color, all grey,black?: colors are not showing on screen. grey and black only . can someone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-color-all-greyblack/b3e50168-8eda-4c9d-a7de-72224084a971
  10. Text is Greyed/Washed Out

in Windows 10 Support
    Text is Greyed/Washed Out: I have poor eyesight and have setup high contrast to see things better in windows 10. Also set the font to 10 point bold and tried the 125% setting. In windows 7 I did not have this issue, I used the classic theme, and just set the fonts all bold, no problem. I think I...