Windows 10: When is Microsoft going to be more competitive in the App store?

Discus and support When is Microsoft going to be more competitive in the App store? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; When is Microsoft going to be more competitive in the App store. Many apps are only available on iPhones/iPads or Androids. I can't install an exercise... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by LA28, Sep 14, 2020.

1. LA28 Win User

When is Microsoft going to be more competitive in the App store?

When is Microsoft going to be more competitive in the App store. Many apps are only available on iPhones/iPads or Androids. I can't install an exercise app on my Surface because it isn't compatible. I really prefer Microsoft over Apple but it's getting to the point that you can't compete with them on the App front. It has been years and it still hasn't gotten better. Any word on when this feature will be update to be more competitive.

* Moved from Research

* Original title: App Store

:)

2. microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Sep 14, 2020
  3. sam02 Win User
    App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Sep 14, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

"Microsoft is sending emails to some Windows Store developers informing them that their apps have been removed from the Store for violating its quality standards."

"Neowin reports that app developers have been receiving these emails over the past couple of days:

In its latest review of the Store, Microsoft is evaluating if the published apps are good enough to be listed in the Windows Store. This includes publicly available apps as well as private beta apps. Additionally, Microsoft is also asking developers to delete any promotional campaigns for their apps to prevent advertising charges. Similarly, app name reservations are also being nullified; which means that if your app is unpublished, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to republish it under the same name.

Officially, the policies for the Microsoft Store says that apps must have "distinct and informative metadata" and "provide a valuable and quality user experience". There are also some specific standards that must be in the apps, including having a name that is not similar to another app or device, along with offering a description that is accurate about its features and functions.

There have certainly been many Windows Store users who have complained over the years about the large number of apps published that are clones of other apps or ones that are simply poorly made. Hopefully, this new move by Microsoft will help to curb these issues, at least for now.
    "

Microsoft to remove low quality apps from Windows Store

P4-630, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

1. When is Microsoft going to be more competitive in the App store? - Similar Threads - Microsoft going more

2. Cannot signin in with a microsoft account in microsoft store/Xbox app and more.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot signin in with a microsoft account in microsoft store/Xbox app and more.: after i press "OK" its takes like 5 mins and showsWindows Hello is enabled I have removed this account from my pc and tried logging in again but still the same issueI have changed this account's passwordI restarted the computer and I have tried adding another account and it...
  3. Cannot signin in with a microsoft account in microsoft store/Xbox app and more.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot signin in with a microsoft account in microsoft store/Xbox app and more.: after i press "OK" its takes like 5 mins and showsWindows Hello is enabled I have removed this account from my pc and tried logging in again but still the same issueI have changed this account's passwordI restarted the computer and I have tried adding another account and it...
  4. Surface Go 3 Microsoft Store app issue to resolve

Surface Go 3 Microsoft Store app issue to resolve: In the Microsoft Store of my Surface Go 3 there is a indication that XBox game Pass is included with the device. If course it is not.I have contacted Microsoft and asked them however they gave me tghe flick. They stated "there is no way to remove the “included with device”...
  5. Surface Go 3 Microsoft Store app issue to resolve

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Surface Go 3 Microsoft Store app issue to resolve: In the Microsoft Store of my Surface Go 3 there is a indication that XBox game Pass is included with the device. If course it is not.I have contacted Microsoft and asked them however they gave me tghe flick. They stated "there is no way to remove the “included with device”...
  6. Microsoft store saying not enough storage to download app when there is more than enough...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store saying not enough storage to download app when there is more than enough...: I am trying to download a game onto a flash drive from the Microsoft store, specifically Shadow of War. It originally downloaded to about 25 GB, and every time I try to continue the installation, it downloads about 0.5 GB, stops, and tells me I don't have enough available...
  7. Microsoft Store + more Microsoft apps not opening Windows 10

Microsoft Store + more Microsoft apps not opening Windows 10: None of my Microsoft apps open, not even MS Store Tried deleting account after making a new admin account, then making yet another new account with my microsoft account signed into it. Tried reinstalling Windows 10 deleting all personal files Tried to use the PowerShell...
  8. Microsoft Store apps crash when going into Fullscreen mode.

Microsoft Store apps crash when going into Fullscreen mode.: Good day. Yesterday, I installed Windows 10, updating from Windows 7. Everything was fine, until I noticed that MS Store games crash. I first noticed on Gangstar: New Orleans, as it crashed on launch. Then I tried Minecraft Windows 10 Edition. It ran fine until I turned on...
  9. Error when launch Microsoft Store's App

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error when launch Microsoft Store's App: Hello guys I want test Amazon Alexa in Windows 10 PRO but I get this error: https://puu.sh/EAMDp.png I can open other apps like Netflix.. submitted by /u/VickyHS [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/drnlfb/error_when_launch_microsoft_stores_app/
  10. Two more Store Apps updated

Two more Store Apps updated: Microsoft People Microsoft Solitaire Collection Both updated via the Store 34343