Windows 10: When is Microsoft going to fix this problem?

Discus and support When is Microsoft going to fix this problem? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; "Send To" drop down menu options missing/not displaying? Attempted all the fixes and still have the problem. not having the problem on my desktop,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RAYMONDWINTERS1, Jul 4, 2020.

1. When is Microsoft going to fix this problem?

"Send To" drop down menu options missing/not displaying?

Attempted all the fixes and still have the problem. not having the problem on my desktop, deleted the item from my "send to"

and then I didn't even have "Send to Bluetooth Device", fixed that, ran all the suggested control prompt fixes to no avail, even replaced the file with a working copy.

Really do not want to do a reset or reinstall.

All help greatly appreciated.

:)

RAYMONDWINTERS1, Jul 4, 2020

2. When is Microsoft going to issue a fix for major with apps?

Hello Clayto,

Thank you for keeping us posted on the status of the issue. I would like to assist you with further information from here.

Before proceeding further, I would again suggest you to
    check if the same issue occur when logged in through a different user account.

Ref:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-set-up-accounts

Now, follow the below suggested methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1:

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps to employ the DISM command lines:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Method 2:

If issue persist, kindly follow the below given steps and check if it helps:

Run these commands:

• Press Windows key and type Powershell
      in search, right click on it and Open as administrator .

• Type the following command in Powershell and hit enter:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    Note: Remember to close all the applications before you run the above Powershell command.

Write to us with the updated information and we would be happy to help you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jul 4, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 4, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

When is Microsoft going to fix this problem?

FIX SCREEN SO IT DOESN'T GO BLANK

Hi Charlotte,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the computer screen goes blank after sometime, I’ll certainly assist you with this.

However, please let us know:

• Do you see any error message on the screen when the computer screen goes blank?
    • When you say “I need to fix it so that doesn't happen” how are you fixing the screen?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

Meanwhile, you may want to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

If you are using a Desktop, then the first thing I would suggest you to do is check if the cables are connected properly.

Method 1: Refresh Graphics driver

I suggest you to try refreshing the graphics driver by using the key sequence
    Windows logo key + Ctrl + Shift + B and see if that helps.

Method 2: Update graphics driver

I suggest you to try updating the graphics card driver and see if that helps. To do this, refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows logo key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand Display adapters.
    3. Right click on the display driver and select
      Update Driver
    4. Restart the computer.

Article for reference: Update drivers in Windows 10.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 4, 2020
Thema:

When is Microsoft going to fix this problem?

1. When is Microsoft going to fix this problem? - Similar Threads - Microsoft going fix

2. When Microsoft is going to fix taskbar disappearing issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When Microsoft is going to fix taskbar disappearing issue.: This post aims to draw attention to the persistent bug in Windows 11, particularly concerning the disappearance of the taskbar after sleep mode. Despite exhaustive troubleshooting efforts, it's evident that this issue stems from a fundamental flaw within the Windows 11...
  3. When Microsoft is going to fix taskbar disappearing issue.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When Microsoft is going to fix taskbar disappearing issue.: This post aims to draw attention to the persistent bug in Windows 11, particularly concerning the disappearance of the taskbar after sleep mode. Despite exhaustive troubleshooting efforts, it's evident that this issue stems from a fundamental flaw within the Windows 11...
  4. When is Microsoft going to fix their OS & DX12 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When is Microsoft going to fix their OS & DX12 ?: Win 10 Pro for Workstations - 22H2. Latest build. Non-Insider Program.Microsoft Text Input Application...SPYWARE / MALWARE.Keylogger. Cannot be disabled. Can NO LONGER EVEN KILL THE PROCESS IN TASKMAN.MALWARE.Legitimate claimed uses: Accessibility virtual input, keyboard,...
  5. When is Microsoft going to fix their OS & DX12 ?

When is Microsoft going to fix their OS & DX12 ?: Win 10 Pro for Workstations - 22H2. Latest build. Non-Insider Program.Microsoft Text Input Application...SPYWARE / MALWARE.Keylogger. Cannot be disabled. Can NO LONGER EVEN KILL THE PROCESS IN TASKMAN.MALWARE.Legitimate claimed uses: Accessibility virtual input, keyboard,...
  6. When is Microsoft going to fix their OS & DX12 ?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. W11 Tasbar - When is Microsoft going to fix this issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W11 Tasbar - When is Microsoft going to fix this issue?: If I knew that I was going to have to restart WINDOWS EXPLORER several times becasue I can't see the ICONs I would have stayed with W10. I know how to fix but I want MSFT to fix permanently. So What Say You MSFT????????????????...
  8. W11 Tasbar - When is Microsoft going to fix this issue?

W11 Tasbar - When is Microsoft going to fix this issue?: If I knew that I was going to have to restart WINDOWS EXPLORER several times becasue I can't see the ICONs I would have stayed with W10. I know how to fix but I want MSFT to fix permanently. So What Say You MSFT????????????????...
  9. When is Microsoft going to fix the Windows 10 disk usage problem?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    When is Microsoft going to fix the Windows 10 disk usage problem?: I am a PC tech and have been for many years. I want to know When is Microsoft going to fix the Windows 10 disk usage problem? This is a Windows 10 problem! I have seen it on every brand of desktop and laptop, I have done all the dumb fixes none of them work ever. The only...
  10. When Is Microsoft Going To Fix DISM?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    When Is Microsoft Going To Fix DISM?: Does anyone have any information about the Windows 10 issues with DISM? I wonder if they are ever going to fix DISM. MS seems to be putting out poorly designed and tested software these days. 84798