Windows 10: when is Microsoft going to make an allowance to HP stream users that have to re-initialize...

Discus and support when is Microsoft going to make an allowance to HP stream users that have to re-initialize... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Before initialization data must be saved, all applications in install form saved on a flash drive, usually there is a flash memory attached to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WaynePickette, Sep 19, 2019.

1. when is Microsoft going to make an allowance to HP stream users that have to re-initialize...

Before initialization data must be saved, all applications in install form saved on a flash drive, usually there is a flash memory attached to the machine via a USB interface, unfortunately the update cannot access the USB currently to make the update so on the re-initialize is left! Microsoft should add code to the update to access a USB memory and therefore complete every update on Stream computers and any other computer with limited working disk space!

:)

WaynePickette, Sep 19, 2019

2. HP Launches the Stream Series Low-Cost Notebooks and Tablets

HP today expanded the innovative HP Stream line-up of thin and light Windows products that leverage the cloud and make it easy to work and play from more places with the addition of two new notebook PCs and two new tablets.

"Today's consumers demand mobile products that fit their personal style and allow them to work and play wherever they are," said Mike Nash, vice president, Product Management, Consumer Personal Systems, HP. "The HP Stream products announced today hit the mark with sleek design, portability, access to free cloud storage, and the familiarity of Windows and Office 365."

when is Microsoft going to make an allowance to HP stream users that have to re-initialize... HP_Stream_133_01_thm.jpg

when is Microsoft going to make an allowance to HP stream users that have to re-initialize... HP_Stream_8_01_thm.jpg

A NEW kind of notebook PC -- HP Stream
    The innovative HP Stream is a new kind of Windows notebook PC that provides unsurpassed value in a thin and light package, and includes value-added services with free cloud storage for instant access and sharing of content with 1 TB of Microsoft OneDrive for one year; Office 365 Personal for one year(2) to edit, share or collaborate in real-time; and a $25 gift card in the box to use for anything from the Microsoft Store such as apps, videos, or XBOX games. The HP Stream 13.3" includes an optional 200 MB of free 4G data each month with no annual contract for the life of the device.

In the past customers have had to choose between expensive thin and light or less expensive PCs that were typically thicker and heavier. HP Stream customers can enjoy the best of both worlds in a thin, light and affordable notebook PC with the power for most every day computing tasks.

Customers can enjoy entertainment in high-definition (HD) with an 11.6" HD display or 13.3" HD optional touch display,(5) while the innovative fanless design with high efficiency Intel Celeron processor and 32 GB of eMMC flash memory allows for quiet, cool operation and quick file recall. Stunning colors and stylish gradient design available in Orchid Magenta and Horizon Blue are sure to turn heads.

The HP Stream portfolio also includes the recently announced 14-inch HP Stream notebook. Sleek design, value-added cloud services and long battery life make the HP Stream an attractive mobile device for on-the-go customers.

Stay connected and do more with HP Stream Tablets
    The HP Stream 7 and HP Stream 8 Windows tablets keep customers connected to work, friends and content all at an exceptional value. The cloud-connected, Intel-powered 7" and 8" tablets include one year of Office 365 Personal and 60 minutes of Skype each month, 1 TB of Microsoft OneDrive storage for one year,(1) and a full Windows 8.1 experience. The HP Stream 8 tablet includes an optional 200 MB of free 4G data each month with no annual contract for the life of the device.

Customers can fully personalize their tablet with Start screen, live tiles and a dynamic lock screen and with multi-user support built-in, sharing the tablet between users is easy.

HP Connected apps aggregates customers' digital content in one place
    Easily share, create and play with the HP Connected suite of apps included on HP Stream notebooks and tablets. HP Connected apps combine customers' digital content including photos, music, and apps -- all in one place, and make it easier to enjoy music, photos and digital files from multiple sources in a convenient way.
    • HP Connected Music lets customers listen to music from multiple sources including their local library and streaming services.
    • HP Connected Photo aggregates customer photos from multiple sources in one place.
    • Access files across multiple platforms from PCs to tablets and smartphones to online services in one place with HP Connected Drive.
    Pricing and Availability
    The HP Stream products announced today are expected to be available in the United States beginning in November at www.hpshopping.com and select retailers.

The HP Stream 11.6"diagonal starts at $199.99.
    The HP Stream 13.3" diagonal starts at $229.99.
    The HP Stream 7 Tablet starts at $99.99.
    The HP Stream 8 Tablet starts at $149.99.

Cristian_25H, Sep 19, 2019
  3. Aaron_Sum Win User
    HP Stream Laptop

Hi there,

Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community.

1. May I know the version of Windows that you are using?
    2. What is the total hard disk space of your laptop?

I would suggest you to take a backup of all your user data, after which you can try and perform the steps to

Free up drive space in Windows 10
    . Check if that helps.

Please get back to us if you need any further suggestions.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Sep 19, 2019
  4. when is Microsoft going to make an allowance to HP stream users that have to re-initialize...

hp stream 11's touchpad not working

Hi Bradt,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

Apologize for the difficulties that you're experiencing in Windows 10.

Please be assured that we will do our best to help you.

This might have occurred due to incompatible\ corrupted driver.

Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run the Hardware and Devices
    troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    Step 2: Let us try to download and install the latest chipset driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

A chipset driver is a type of driver that refers to what is needed for a computer operating system to work with and recognize the devices connected to the computer.

You may also, try the steps suggested by Edward Shockley (replied on January 1, 2016)
    in the following thread:

Touchpad not working, or found HP stream 11

Touchpad not working, or found HP stream 11

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Sep 19, 2019
Thema:

when is Microsoft going to make an allowance to HP stream users that have to re-initialize...

1. when is Microsoft going to make an allowance to HP stream users that have to re-initialize... - Similar Threads - Microsoft going allowance

2. RE: HP Stream Laptop w/Microsoft 365 Windows 10 S

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RE: HP Stream Laptop w/Microsoft 365 Windows 10 S: I believe that I deled my entire operating system on this laptop. Stating no storage when I ran the UEFI Diagnostic. Any ideas or help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/re-hp-stream-laptop-wmicrosoft-365-windows-10-s/f8e1f7bc-7013-4983-bf63-e423b8f8bc3d
  3. RE: HP Stream Laptop w/Microsoft 365 Windows 10 S

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RE: HP Stream Laptop w/Microsoft 365 Windows 10 S: I believe that I deled my entire operating system on this laptop. Stating no storage when I ran the UEFI Diagnostic. Any ideas or help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/re-hp-stream-laptop-wmicrosoft-365-windows-10-s/f8e1f7bc-7013-4983-bf63-e423b8f8bc3d
  4. RE: HP Stream Laptop w/Microsoft 365 Windows 10 S

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Allow to make changes to device when not an admin user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Allow to make changes to device when not an admin user: Hello, I'm using a Windows 11 laptop and need guidance on how to grant elevation privileges to a non-admin account. Specifically, I want this user account to have the ability to perform certain tasks typically reserved for admin accounts, without granting it full admin...
  6. Allow to make changes to device when not an admin user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Allow to make changes to device when not an admin user: Hello, I'm using a Windows 11 laptop and need guidance on how to grant elevation privileges to a non-admin account. Specifically, I want this user account to have the ability to perform certain tasks typically reserved for admin accounts, without granting it full admin...
  7. have a hp stream laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    have a hp stream laptop: windows secruity is showing i need to run a scan. but when i do. it showing its running for hours but then it just closes out the screen.?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/have-a-hp-stream-laptop/ea751641-88d7-4757-b245-a5be64aee1ab
  8. hp stream

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    hp stream: how do I connect a hdmi dvd/cd player, I have plugged in with hdmi cable, downloaded the free trial dvd app played a dvd but nothing happens. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-stream/29b2237d-c3fc-4f97-9784-a9bf77dfda0a
  9. Hp Stream

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hp Stream: I recently bought a HP Stream laptop, It has Microsoft edge as the web browser but I been trying to set the browser as Google but it wont download and keeps taking me to Bing. Also when i try to open certain pages my internet cuts off....
  10. hp stream

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    hp stream: I bought a hp stream and reset it because I thought it would give me hard drive space ,well its asking me for a product key. its telling me that my license will expire jan 4 2019 go to settings . I went to settings it says my pc is activated usin organization activation...