Windows 10: When is there going to be an update to 1903 that works with Radeon drivers? Either from...

Discus and support When is there going to be an update to 1903 that works with Radeon drivers? Either from... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, My computer freezers at least once a day, sometimes several times. The Radeon driver reverts back to WattMan driver only to freeze again. I had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WWWonder, Aug 10, 2019.

1. WWWonder Win User

When is there going to be an update to 1903 that works with Radeon drivers? Either from...

Hi,

My computer freezers at least once a day, sometimes several times. The Radeon driver reverts back to WattMan driver only to freeze again. I had to uninstall the device to get the 1903 update to install. I believe that a lot of Radeon users are having the very same problem and that there is no solution as such, other than to not install the 1903 update. I was expecting there to be a further update and for the problem to be resolved quickly, seen as it is such a big problem. The computer is unusable for anything other than the internet, as it can freeze at any time. Surely there has to be solution at some point? When? This is a massive problem for a lot of Radeon users.

Thank you,

:)

WWWonder, Aug 10, 2019

2. Driver Error AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000

ok, it didn't work after all. windows update has seemingly installed another
    driver update for my amd mobility radeon hd 5000, this time breaking it again.

i tried what you suggested step by step, but that didn't work either. I'll try it again with running a win 7 driver in compatibility between steps two and three and keep you posted on the results.

WanjaLeuthold, Aug 10, 2019
  3. Ralf_G Win User
    ATI Radeon 3000 Graphics Driver is not working properly.

Did you happen to try the workaround from the post I linked earlier?

The method suggested was as follows:

<in Control Panel>

open Device Manager, select Display adapters

Right click ATI Radeon (or generic graphics adapter if listed that way) and select Properties

Click "Update driver"

Click "browse"

Click "Let me pick from a list"

select (AMD or ATI) driver version 8.970.100.9001 from 2015 and install that

Ralf_G, Aug 10, 2019
  4. Xylee Del Win User

When is there going to be an update to 1903 that works with Radeon drivers? Either from...

Radeon HD 3650

Hi David,

This issue may have occurred due to compatibility issues between the the graphic card and Windows 10. For us to help you with this concern, we'd like to know the current build and version number of your Windows 10. To check, press the Windows key, type
    winver, and press the Enter key.

On another note, there are many threads that reported the same issue with ATI Radeon HD with Windows 10. Our developers are already aware of this and we're already researching for a resolution for a future update.

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform a roll back on your driver as a workaround. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Go to Device Manager by typing in Devmgmt.msc on the search bar.
    • Navigate to display devices and right click ATI Radeon HD or similar device you have. Select
      Properties.
    • On the Driver tab, hit rollback Driver to go back to the previous version.
    • The next step would be to block Driver updates from Windows updates.
    • Use the show hide tool. As soon as the new driver is detected by Windows Update, hide it. Follow the steps given by
      Sumit Dhiman2 on this
      thread

Kindly get back to us.

Xylee Del, Aug 10, 2019
Thema:

1. When is there going to be an update to 1903 that works with Radeon drivers? Either from... - Similar Threads - going update 1903

2. Crashes with Radeon driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crashes with Radeon driver: TLDR, replaced with new: CPU, Memory, GPU, Mainboard.Not sure what else to do, I keep getting the issues with blue screens in game:Hope someone can make something out of this, as I've never had this sort of drama...
  3. Crashes with Radeon driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Crashes with Radeon driver: TLDR, replaced with new: CPU, Memory, GPU, Mainboard.Not sure what else to do, I keep getting the issues with blue screens in game:Hope someone can make something out of this, as I've never had this sort of drama...
  4. Unable to update to either Win 10 1909 or 2004 from 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to update to either Win 10 1909 or 2004 from 1903: Our 2 year old Lenovo Yoga laptop is running Windows 10 64. It has updated to 1903 when it was due. In the past the hardware has been upgraded from the original HDD to a SSD and I have increased the Ram from 4 to 16GB. The antivirus is Avast Premium which does not seem to an...
  5. Windows Prevents Me from Installing Radeon Driver Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Prevents Me from Installing Radeon Driver Update: I'm trying to download the new driver update for Radeon GPUs version 20.9.2 but I keep getting this message: Extract: Error writing to file amdcx32.dll I need this update to run the new Star Wars Squadrons game but it won't let me install it....
  6. Go back to 1903 from 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Go back to 1903 from 2004: Is there any way to go back to 1903 from 2004. Theres no rollback option in settings. submitted by /u/Max123543 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hxdsgz/go_back_to_1903_from_2004/
  7. Radeon drivers possibly not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Radeon drivers possibly not working: Hello, everytime I try to play games GTA online, Forza Horizon 4 and drl sim the game just unexpectedly freezes and closes for what seems no apparent reason. I am on a fresh installation of Windows 10 and have tried reinstalling the drivers multiple times to no success, my...
  8. driver update for 1903

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    driver update for 1903: hi joydeep sir after I do fully format of my pc how I shall update all of my drivers for 1903. I am running windows 10 1903 home sl 64 bit. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-update-for-1903/adb45d3f-9c0c-41cd-b999-474479883e56
  9. update drivers for 1903

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    update drivers for 1903: hi joydeep sir how to update drivers for windows 10 1903,and also what are the new features included in 1903 and also are there any performance improvements added in 1903 ,and also sir did 1903 is fully stable.i mean are there any bugs....
  10. Disable driver updates through Windows update not working with 1903

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Disable driver updates through Windows update not working with 1903: So I upgraded to 1903... and now the disable driver force is not working anymore with 1903, Windows 10 will download Intel DPTF drivers over and over again after each Windows reboot and put it into C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution None of the options described here are...