Windows 10: When is winget going to come out?

Discus and support When is winget going to come out? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; That is the only thing that kept me from coming back to Windows, the package manager. I know I can install 3rd party ones but I don't like them very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jf4488, Jan 30, 2021.

1. /u/jf4488 Win User

When is winget going to come out?

That is the only thing that kept me from coming back to Windows, the package manager. I know I can install 3rd party ones but I don't like them very much.

submitted by /u/jf4488
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jf4488, Jan 30, 2021

2. How secure is Microsoft Windows "Winget" (Package Manager)

I got interested in Microsoft's new package manager for Windows called Winget. I installed it and I really like the wide range of software available. However, I question the security of these repositories Winget is installing apps from. How secure are
    these repositories and can a generic antivirus scan these installed packages?

Jayden (MagicCrayon9342), Jan 30, 2021
  3. YOU
    You Win User
    Thinking about Going back to Win8.1

If want to disable IE, still can. However, can't uninstall it like were able to in XP/98/whatever.
    Here's how, although I find it useful in case Chrome or Firefox stops working and have to re-download it. *Wink
    1. Search for turn windows features on or off and click it in the search results.
    • When is winget going to come out? [​IMG]
    2. When the app opens, uncheck Internet Explorer 11.

3. Click Yes on the warning dialog.
    4. Click OK.
    5. Restart for the changes to finish.

4. When is winget going to come out?

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 30, 2021
Thema:

When is winget going to come out?

1. When is winget going to come out? - Similar Threads - winget going

2. Winget "No package found matching input criteria."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Winget "No package found matching input criteria.": This is on a clean install of Windows 11 the Win10 to Win11 just kept failing with all updates. This is typical of my winget issues all run as AdministratorIn Powershell5 trying to get 7:PS C:\Windows\system32> winget --versionv1.2.10691PS C:\Windows\system32> winget search...
  3. Winget "No package found matching input criteria."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Winget "No package found matching input criteria.": This is on a clean install of Windows 11 the Win10 to Win11 just kept failing with all updates. This is typical of my winget issues all run as AdministratorIn Powershell5 trying to get 7:PS C:\Windows\system32> winget --versionv1.2.10691PS C:\Windows\system32> winget search...
  4. Winget "No package found matching input criteria."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Winget "No package found matching input criteria."

6. i am having issues with winget

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i am having issues with winget: I am unable to install anything via winget see attached imagewindows 11 i think homehttps://imgur.com/a/TSkShBfi tried running it in powershell and cmd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-having-issues-with-winget/6f724bc2-d769-4f87-acf2-9d2f33e024e7
  7. i am having issues with winget

i am having issues with winget: I am unable to install anything via winget see attached imagewindows 11 i think homehttps://imgur.com/a/TSkShBfi tried running it in powershell and cmd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-having-issues-with-winget/6f724bc2-d769-4f87-acf2-9d2f33e024e7
  8. winget upgrade --all stop working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    winget upgrade --all stop working: Hi,I used winget upgrade --all to update all the outdated app for long time, and it was super usefulIt is a few weeks that doing winget upgrade --all has the same output as winget upgrade, so it only shows packages to upgrade, without updating them.How can I troubleshoot it?...
  9. winget upgrade --all stop working

winget upgrade --all stop working: Hi,I used winget upgrade --all to update all the outdated app for long time, and it was super usefulIt is a few weeks that doing winget upgrade --all has the same output as winget upgrade, so it only shows packages to upgrade, without updating them.How can I troubleshoot it?...
  10. winget upgrade --all stop working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade