Windows 10: when launching a game, I get error 0xc0000005

Discus and support when launching a game, I get error 0xc0000005 in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; It is League of Legends. I tried to download the game again but with the same error... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Windows Category - All, Mar 27, 2020.

1. when launching a game, I get error 0xc0000005

It is League of Legends. I tried to download the game again but with the same error

:)

Windows Category - All, Mar 27, 2020

2. Error code 0xc0000005

Hi Samuel,

If running your antivirus software to scan for malicious programs does not help, I suggest disabling Data Execution Prevention. It's a built-in feature on Windows for protecting your computer. Some programs may not be compatible with this feature and opening
    the app or game will cause 0xc0000005 error.

To disable it, log in using an admin account and follow these steps:

1. Press Windows key + R, type sysdm.cpl and press
      Enter.
    2. Click the Advanced tab > Settings button.
    3. Click the Data Execution Prevention tab.
    4. Select Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select.
    5. Click Add and open the problematic executable file/game.
    6. Click OK.

Let me know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Mar 27, 2020
  3. Games no longer launch. Error code 0xc0000005

Hi,

My name is Rogelio. I am an Independent Advisor. Thanks for contacting our support.

Please review this step by step that can be of help:

http://www.eassos.com/how-to/fix-error-code-0xc...

Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research
    any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

ErnestoAcosta Labrada, Mar 27, 2020
  4. when launching a game, I get error 0xc0000005

Launching games

Hi Wesley,

Windows 10 is gamer-friendly by design. If an issue like being unable to launch a game happens, it can be caused by outdated display driver or other factors that cause conflict when launching the app. For us to better assist you, we'd like to ask for additional
    information. Please answer the following:

• What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Are you getting an error message when launching the game?
    • Have you made any changes to the settings or installed updates prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • What specific games are you having issues with?

We will wait for your response.

Jennifer Cha, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

when launching a game, I get error 0xc0000005

1. when launching a game, I get error 0xc0000005 - Similar Threads - launching game error

2. Error Code 0xc0000005 When Launching Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Code 0xc0000005 When Launching Microsoft Edge: Hello, I'm encountering Error Code 0xc0000005 whenever I try to launch Microsoft Edge on my Windows 11 PC. This error started happening after a recent update, and I've tried various troubleshooting steps like reinstalling Edge and running the Windows Store Apps...
  3. Error Code 0xc0000005 When Launching Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error Code 0xc0000005 When Launching Microsoft Edge: Hello, I'm encountering Error Code 0xc0000005 whenever I try to launch Microsoft Edge on my Windows 11 PC. This error started happening after a recent update, and I've tried various troubleshooting steps like reinstalling Edge and running the Windows Store Apps...
  4. Help Xbox Game launch error 0xc0000005

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help Xbox Game launch error 0xc0000005: I'm desperate I tried every guide and every command prompt. I purchased my legion go and as my first game I downloaded Sea of thieves. After the update every time I start it shows me the codeI'm desperate I tried every guide and every command prompt. I purchased my legion go...
  5. Help Xbox Game launch error 0xc0000005

Help Xbox Game launch error 0xc0000005: I'm desperate I tried every guide and every command prompt. I purchased my legion go and as my first game I downloaded Sea of thieves. After the update every time I start it shows me the codeI'm desperate I tried every guide and every command prompt. I purchased my legion go...
  6. Error 0xc0000005 upon launching an Application

Error 0xc0000005 upon launching an Application: Hello,Upon trying to launch a few specific applications 3, they close themself without something popping up. On Event Viewer I say an Error with the Errorcode: 0xc0000005This is only for a few specific applications, nearly all other programs work fine.Name der fehlerhaften...
  7. Application error 0xc0000005 when I launch gameloop and GEForce experience

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application error 0xc0000005 when I launch gameloop and GEForce experience: I always get an Application error 0xc0000005 when I launch Gameloop and GEForce experience for the past 2 months the issue has been ongoingI have reset my PC twice and also ran the SFC /SCANNOW Command on the command prompt as an administrator...
  8. Application error 0xc0000005 when I launch gameloop and GEForce experience

Application error 0xc0000005 when I launch gameloop and GEForce experience: I always get an Application error 0xc0000005 when I launch Gameloop and GEForce experience for the past 2 months the issue has been ongoingI have reset my PC twice and also ran the SFC /SCANNOW Command on the command prompt as an administrator...
  9. Error: 0xc0000005, when launching League of Legends

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error: 0xc0000005, when launching League of Legends: Hello, I have problem it was work before 12 hr and now keep give this error i try remove it and download it again but give same problem [ATTACH] ***Original title: Error 0xc0000005***...
  10. Games no longer launch. Error code 0xc0000005

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Games no longer launch. Error code 0xc0000005: Hello all. I have been struggling with this issue for almost a year, and at one point gave up gaming for a few months on this computer before tackling the issue again. At it's core, the issue is that 90% of games that I try to play crash before they launch. Games of this...
Tags: