Windows 10: When left clicking the sound icon, the controls doesnt show up. I'm only able to control...

Discus and support When left clicking the sound icon, the controls doesnt show up. I'm only able to control... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Jeshire2 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Jeshire2, Feb 6, 2021.

1. When left clicking the sound icon, the controls doesnt show up. I'm only able to control...

/u/Jeshire2, Feb 6, 2021

2. volume control error

Hi Akash,

The issue with volume control could have happened due to the corrupted or outdated driver. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the 2 methods below:

Method 1: Run the Audio Troubleshooter on the system.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. We would suggest you run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key+X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view as an option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter

Method 2. Uninstall and reinstall the latest drivers from the manufacturer website.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.
    • Right-click on the Sound card and click on Uninstall.
    • Install the latest audio driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know the result for us to assist you further.

Anthony Gal, Feb 6, 2021
  3. My sound is not working. A mute sign is coming in my volume control, and when i click on it troubleshooter gets start.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow these steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Try updating the Audio drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.

c. Right-click on the Sound card and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Feb 6, 2021
  4. When left clicking the sound icon, the controls doesnt show up. I'm only able to control...

Volume controls not appearing when clicking icon

Hi,

We suggest that you update the roll-back the audio device driver.

Here's how:

• Right-click on the Audio icon, and select Playback Devices.
    • On the Sound window, click on Properties.
    • On the Properties window, click on Properties
      again under Controller Information.
    • Click Change settings. It will reload the current window except Change settings will not be there.
    • Click the Driver tab and then click Roll-back driver.

Let us know how it goes.

Patricia Yu, Feb 6, 2021
Thema:

When left clicking the sound icon, the controls doesnt show up. I'm only able to control...

1. When left clicking the sound icon, the controls doesnt show up. I'm only able to control... - Similar Threads - left clicking sound

2. controller not showing up as a controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    controller not showing up as a controller: so I'm tryna use ds4 and when i plug in my ps4 controller it didn't show up so i tried searching up how to fix that and i had to go into control panel and stuff and for the video i was watching his controller came up as wireless controller and mine came up as like unknown USB...
  3. controller not showing up as a controller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    controller not showing up as a controller: so I'm tryna use ds4 and when i plug in my ps4 controller it didn't show up so i tried searching up how to fix that and i had to go into control panel and stuff and for the video i was watching his controller came up as wireless controller and mine came up as like unknown USB...
  4. controller not showing up as a controller

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Win 10 controller doesnt show up anywhere

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 controller doesnt show up anywhere: Controller: Razer Raiju UltimateBox says: Plug and Play Windows 10Problem: Controller plugged in, windows does nothing, nothing happens.The Controller Light goes on thats it.I cant even update the firmware because when its plugged in nothing happens.The Firmware installer...
  6. Sound control crashes when right-click microphone" (and also Control Panel crashes on startup)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound control crashes when right-click microphone" (and also Control Panel crashes on startup): I've got this trouble on my laptop and I'm doing my best to fix it without needing to format it. The thing is: Whenever I right-click ANY microphone on the sound control screen (it doesn't matter if it's a Realtek controlled mic or the mic from my sound interface, it crashes...
  7. Desktop icons not showing up: Control panel, Network,

Desktop icons not showing up: Control panel, Network,: Just installed a fresh reset of Windows 10 and now Control Panel and Network icons are missing. Go to Start and they aren't there either. Big mistake installing a fresh version of Windows 10. Please help me find them. thanks....
  8. Sound Control Panel closes when I click on mics

Sound Control Panel closes when I click on mics: As the title says, the sound control panel closes when I click on any type of recording device. When I am in the playback tab, I can click any speaker or headphone option and change the properties. I can even click and switch to the sounds and communications tabs and mess...
  9. Not able to open sound settings in control panel

Not able to open sound settings in control panel: I recently built a new computer and I have windows 10 version 1903 build 18362.267. It lets me open the control panel but when I click on sound settings, a message appears on the screen that says "This app can't run on your PC" and under it, it says :To find a version for...
  10. Controller will not show up in bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Controller will not show up in bluetooth: I'm half asleep. this is frustrating. I got a Xbox one controller, regular Microsoft Xbox one controller, I follow the pathing to it's bluetooth location, it even says to click on this section for Bluetooth, I click it, click the button on the controller to make it pair, and...