Windows 10: When logging into Windows 10 1803, the screen will flicker black. Looking at event viewer,...

Discus and support When logging into Windows 10 1803, the screen will flicker black. Looking at event viewer,... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Explorer.exe is crashing and restarting when logging into Windows. I have the event logs captured. It does not happen every time I log into Windows.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Richard D. Herman Jr., Jun 3, 2019.

1. When logging into Windows 10 1803, the screen will flicker black. Looking at event viewer,...

Explorer.exe is crashing and restarting when logging into Windows. I have the event logs captured. It does not happen every time I log into Windows. The version of Windows I am using is Windows 10 1803.

I have tried running SFC /SCANNOW, DISM /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth , and re-installing Windows 1803 from the .ISO. Issue still occurs. Windows is installed on a Virtual Desktop on VMware Host. Only workaround I have is to press "ctl + alt + del" and go to log off. Then I can log back in and the issue may or may not return.

Event Viewer Log:

Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.17134.1, time stamp: 0x425b30b2

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.17134.1, time stamp: 0x207580e2

Exception code: 0xc0000409

Fault offset: 0x000000000008aa2f

Faulting process id: 0x1270

Faulting application start time: 0x01d51a0d6f967ef5

Faulting application path: C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

Report Id: 886d5638-e5c7-42bf-b168-8c2b69c764a1

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

:)

Richard D. Herman Jr., Jun 3, 2019
  2. digibucc Win User

Laptop Black Screening!

no, event viewer is a system log. if you check it and look for the time you screen last blacked out, you can see what was happening on the that time.

just google event viewer + your windows version and it'll say how to find it.

digibucc, Jun 3, 2019
  3. zplugger Win User
    Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Jun 3, 2019
  4. raventara Win User

When logging into Windows 10 1803, the screen will flicker black. Looking at event viewer,...

Login / Lock screen flickering with wait image and black screen. Lots of event viewer errors.

Hey guys.

It's happened 3 times today and once the other day. I lock my pc, go away and make a cup of tea or whatever, and when I come back and go to unlock my pc the login image swipes up but then I get a flickering screen, from black screen to coloured screen with
    the wait circles circling around.

I checked in the event viewer and it's FILLED up with this happening 2 to 10 times a second, just like the flickering:

"Activation of app Microsoft.LockApp_cw5n1h2txyewy!WindowsDefaultLockScreen failed with error: The remote procedure call failed. See the Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational log for additional information"

I have all the latest updates (windows and video drivers) and it's a Dell Inspiron 17. I have two monitors hooked up to it but the flickering continues on the laptop screen even if I unplug them.

I haven't tried to edit the login screen in any way.

Cheers.

raventara, Jun 3, 2019
Thema:

When logging into Windows 10 1803, the screen will flicker black. Looking at event viewer,...

1. When logging into Windows 10 1803, the screen will flicker black. Looking at event viewer,... - Similar Threads - logging 1803 screen

2. looking for help with event viewer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    looking for help with event viewer: below is link to event viewer errors and to a memory dump that the viewer told me contained information on some crashes.while using crystaldisk to check speed of new ssd it crashed each time. id like to know why that is happening, but also, i want to know of anything...
  3. looking for help with event viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    looking for help with event viewer: below is link to event viewer errors and to a memory dump that the viewer told me contained information on some crashes.while using crystaldisk to check speed of new ssd it crashed each time. id like to know why that is happening, but also, i want to know of anything...
  4. looking for help with event viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Event Viewer Log Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event Viewer Log Files: I've noticed my disk space is running low and I've found Event Viewer log files are taking up 25GB. The log file size limit is set to the default of 20480 KB and set to overwrite.I'm sure they shouldn't be taking this much space up.Here's a screenshot of what I'm seeing.Does...
  6. Had a flickering scree, force ended explorer and looked at event viewer.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Had a flickering scree, force ended explorer and looked at event viewer.: So as the title says. I logged into my computer and the screen was flickering wildly. Made sure it wasn't a connection issue. Someone I know suggested using "end task" on windows explorer. This settled the screen allowing me to look at my event viewer. I say this error...
  7. Event Viewer logs are missing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Event Viewer logs are missing in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Event Viewer is a Windows service that allows software and Windows to log actions […] This article Event Viewer logs are missing in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Event Viewer Log.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Event Viewer Log.: Need to create an event viewer log that tracks USB connects and disconnects. I have all my USB devices disconnecting and reconnecting. I need to identify if it's possibly my UPS (usb connected to PC), because it showed I had a battery discharge when i first installed my...
  9. Windows 10 Black Screen Flickering After Log In

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Black Screen Flickering After Log In: When I log-in the screen will flicker black every 5 seconds. This happened yesterday after the right side of the computer got really hot and I turned it off when I turned it back on and logged in it happened. Every time that it flickers black the mouse has the reload when...
  10. Event Viewer Logs

in Windows 10 Support
    Event Viewer Logs: I’m currently on Win10 Pro x64, version 1709, Build 16299.371. Searching in my Event Viewer, I noticed some logs under the “Applications and Services Logs” folder, which I don’t recall having previously (pointed with red arrow, in the image) and are all inactive! Can...