Windows 10: When logging on, a CMD windows pops up but nothing else.

Discus and support When logging on, a CMD windows pops up but nothing else. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When turning on my computer, I log in and then a CMD screen appears with nothing being typed in, whereas usually, windows would boot explorer.exe and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KyleRich2, Feb 15, 2020.

1. KyleRich2 Win User

When logging on, a CMD windows pops up but nothing else.

When turning on my computer, I log in and then a CMD screen appears with nothing being typed in, whereas usually, windows would boot explorer.exe and other things. I've found that this is because AutoRun is missing in Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Command Processor. What do I do? I've tried windows recovery which hasn't worked. I can use windows normally if I type explorer.exe into the cmd window but it's going to start getting very tedious and I'm certain some things still haven't started up.

:)

KyleRich2, Feb 15, 2020
  2. silkstone Win User

Weird CMD windows popping up

I can't replicate it. It seems to be coming up at random times. I went thru my services and disabled a couple of things that I didnt want running and uninstalled OpenVPN that I installed yesterday.

I went through the event log, but couldn't find much apart from the crash, a call to something that wasn't present.

Got another German crash, but no blue screen. I think that even if I don't find anything, I might just do a full reinstall. It's been a a long time and my computer has been misbehaving in other ways.

silkstone, Feb 15, 2020
  3. izh97 Win User
    izh97, Feb 15, 2020
  4. nicpo Win User

Bitsjobs cmd prompt random pop ups

Hi all,

After an attack of intrusive software which I have now resolved I keep getting command prompt popping up for a split second. I managed to capture the command with a screen recorder and slow motion play back..

After reading a thread from 2014 on here I followed the advice given and tried to list the jobs but it reads listed jobs 0.

Any advice. this pop up is driving me crazy!

When logging on, a CMD windows pops up but nothing else. [​IMG]

When logging on, a CMD windows pops up but nothing else. [​IMG]

nicpo, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

1. When logging on, a CMD windows pops up but nothing else. - Similar Threads - logging CMD pops

2. cmd pops up randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cmd pops up randomly: hi when I finish playing and exit the game cmd pops up Once only Any idea how to solve this problem ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cmd-pops-up-randomly/95f65d72-76a6-4a20-852e-9e17ea6877ae
  3. CMD pops up at startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CMD pops up at startup: Split from this thread. Same for me, I used Avast which is known to have stopped almost every virus on earth, it doesn't detect any threats even though every time I start up, CMD opens completely empty and all my apps start running for 5 seconds then closing....
  4. Blank cmd pops up?

Blank cmd pops up?: When my laptop is in charging, suddenly blank cmd pops up. It restart the google chrome and set the default search as bing. I have updated the drivers and window but still the problem continues...
  5. Window pops up and disappears Not CMD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window pops up and disappears Not CMD: There is a window that keeps poping up and disappearing instantly in Windows 11 but it does not look like a CMD window, more like some program but I can't tell what it is because it happens way too fast. I tried screen recording to try and pick it up but it does not show at...
  6. Window pops up and disappears Not CMD

Window pops up and disappears Not CMD: There is a window that keeps poping up and disappearing instantly in Windows 11 but it does not look like a CMD window, more like some program but I can't tell what it is because it happens way too fast. I tried screen recording to try and pick it up but it does not show at...
  7. Cmd pop up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cmd pop up: Hi, This is Nishant on this side. I am facing an issue regarding the cmd pop-up. As I plug in my power cable to my laptop the cmd pop-ups and disappears immediately and this is happening for the past 2 or 3 weeks. Is there any kind of virus or malware making this problem or...
  8. CMD pops up on start-up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CMD pops up on start-up: Hi all, I was just wondering why my cmd pops up on start up for a split second, then disappear immediately. I have tried to disable start-ups on my task manager and the cmd command sfc/scannow but the cmd still pops up when i boot my computer. Any help is appreciated, thanks!...
  9. Cmd pop up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cmd pop up: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] This pop up appears after fresh install and reboot should I be worried? I don't know what the command line is in the 2nd cmd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cmd-pop-up/d24ee170-f6c4-46fa-9ddc-a07e2373477b
  10. CMD pop up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CMD pop up: Just recently CMD has popped up at start up. Flashes on for a few seconds, no message, its blank. I have tried all the suggestions on line, even stopping Microsoft services that seems to work but gets rid of on screen caps indication. Running Windows 10 on a Acer laptop....