Windows 10: When lowering brightness from 100%, it returns to 100%

Discus and support When lowering brightness from 100%, it returns to 100% in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; SONY Tap 20 with Windows 10 Version 1903. After reducing brightness, my laptop reverts back to 100% - sometimes within a second and sometimes within... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by patti y, Aug 27, 2019.

1. patti y Win User

When lowering brightness from 100%, it returns to 100%

SONY Tap 20 with Windows 10 Version 1903.

After reducing brightness, my laptop reverts back to 100% - sometimes within a second and sometimes within 20 minutes. "Change brightness automatically when lighting changes" is NOT checked. Display adapters cannot roll back. All drivers are updated. This happens when using battery only AND when plugged in.

Any advice? The brightness is extreme. Thank you.

:)

patti y, Aug 27, 2019

2. Brightness stuck at 100%

My laptop's brightness has been stuck at 100% for around a month now. It all started because I created a custom power plan. Even after I went back to the balanced power plan, my brightness hasn't been able to be changed. Even when I go to the battery icon
    and attempt to change the brightness, it already says the brightness is at 0%.

When lowering brightness from 100%, it returns to 100% 3f54ed89-7e16-45c3-9465-feb0833d2ac3?upload=true.png

It doesn't allow me to change the brightness at all. I've also used Fn and tried the lower brightness key. That ended up being unsuccessful as well.

I'd like some help with this because the battery has been dying very quickly and the screen is too bright for my eyes at times.

SarahMangum, Aug 27, 2019
  3. simrick Win User
    CPU Usage at solid 100% and brightness issue

In Device Manager, click the down arrow at Display adapters, and tell us what is listed for your graphics.

When lowering brightness from 100%, it returns to 100% [​IMG]

simrick, Aug 27, 2019
  4. When lowering brightness from 100%, it returns to 100%

Screen Brightness Stuck at 100% After Recent Creators Update May 2018

After a recent windows 10 Creators Update my screen brightness is stuck at 100%.

I see others with a dimming issue. My Dell Inspiron will not allow me to lower the brightness. I tried updating the drivers for the Display Adapter.

Johnnyny516, Aug 27, 2019
Thema:

When lowering brightness from 100%, it returns to 100%

1. When lowering brightness from 100%, it returns to 100% - Similar Threads - lowering brightness 100%

2. When is 100% NOT 100% ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    When is 100% NOT 100% ?: When Windows update shows STATUS: Installing 100% for over 3 hours!Cripes I updated my Linux with 290 updates, INCLUDING KERNEL FIRMWARE, in less than 6 minutes.Damned glad my machines will not take Windows 11, I can imagine the time the folks at MS need to update it!Thanks...
  3. Volume goes to 100% when returning on desktop Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume goes to 100% when returning on desktop Windows 11: Since the upgrade to windows 11, if i play games, surf on the web, apps etc and the volume is at 50% and then I'll go back to desktop, volume goes at 100%. I already try this :Update my Realtek driver, downgrade, uninstall, reinstall. Didn't workWent to sound setting, disable...
  4. Volume goes to 100% when returning on desktop Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume goes to 100% when returning on desktop Windows 11: Since the upgrade to windows 11, if i play games, surf on the web, apps etc and the volume is at 50% and then I'll go back to desktop, volume goes at 100%. I already try this :Update my Realtek driver, downgrade, uninstall, reinstall. Didn't workWent to sound setting, disable...
  5. Screen brightness jumps to 100% directly after lowering it manually.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen brightness jumps to 100% directly after lowering it manually.: No matter what I try, the screen brightness returns to maximum after changing it with the F-key or with the menu. The status of the toggle below. It seems like some background process is putting this setting back to max. Any ideas what might be wrong? [ATTACH]...
  6. Screen Turns off when Brightness at 100%

Screen Turns off when Brightness at 100%: A while back I installed windows 10 on my Elitebook 8560w with an AMD graphics card. I noticed that when I push the screen bightness to a certain level, the monitor shuts off completely. I have to connect to an external monitor and lower the brightness for the screen to turn...
  7. Volume stays at 100% even when I set it lower

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Volume stays at 100% even when I set it lower: This problem is a bit hard to explain, but it's extremely annoying. Whenever I play audio via my Bluetooth headphones, it blasts out at 100% volume. There's a setting called something along the lines of 'Audio preferences in Devices', which allows me to set the volume for...
  8. Brightness stuck at 100%

Brightness stuck at 100%: My laptop's brightness has been stuck at 100% for around a month now. It all started because I created a custom power plan. Even after I went back to the balanced power plan, my brightness hasn't been able to be changed. Even when I go to the battery icon and attempt to...
  9. Windows brightness stuck at 100%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows brightness stuck at 100%: I updated my laptop 3 days ago and now my brightness is stuck. I tried changing it from the battery settings but the option has vanished from everywhere. Then I tried uninstalling the display drives NVIDIA 940M and still nothing after following the procedure from this...
  10. Screen Stuck at 100% Brightness

Screen Stuck at 100% Brightness: I recently bought a Lenovo ideapad 330 that came with Windows 10. Everything worked fine for the first two weeks until my screen is stuck at 100% brightness. I've looked around for a fix, and the one solution that everyone says should work (refreshing/updating my driver)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 brightness 100