Windows 10: When modem is down on boot, my browser auto-starts & shows warning msg

Discus and support When modem is down on boot, my browser auto-starts & shows warning msg in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi Guys, This a bit of a puzzler: I recently upgraded my cable modem. Now, whenever I power on my PC, my web-browser (Firefox) automatically pops up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mingle, Jul 12, 2016.

1. mingle Win User

When modem is down on boot, my browser auto-starts & shows warning msg

Hi Guys,

This a bit of a puzzler: I recently upgraded my cable modem. Now, whenever I power on my PC, my web-browser (Firefox) automatically pops up and displays a web-page ("branded" with my ISP's logo) with a warning message telling me that my cable modem is down (this is because my PC boots up far quicker than the cable modem is able to). If I allow my modem to fully boot/start and THEN turn on my PC, this doesn't happen.

Question is: How is this browser pop-up occurring? I can't see any startup processes and I certainly didn't install any additional software when I installed the modem (it was a simple hardware swap).

Second question is: How do I disable it and see whether any other stuff has been 'installed' when I upgraded the modem?

Cheers,

Mike.

:)

mingle, Jul 12, 2016
  2. Alex19191 Win User

Windows 10 broke internet.

Didn't help either since the update a few days ago when I turn on my pc and log in my internet goes down

if i find a solution I will post it here auto update is a bit issuse

Correction only seems to crash my internet of I open a browser and then I have to reboot my modem/router

Alex19191, Jul 12, 2016
  3. ng85---01 Win User
    Nokia 6303 classic

Do u have a large no of msg on ur phone. If yes pls restart ur phone after removing ur sim card & memory card. Then del the msgs starting from the folder that has the least msgs.

Also go to gallery & check the memory status of ur phone. Then delete the unwanted data or move it to the mmc.

Then go to ur browser & clear the cache.(usually the last menu option in browser)

ng85---01, Jul 12, 2016
Thema:

When modem is down on boot, my browser auto-starts & shows warning msg

1. When modem is down on boot, my browser auto-starts & shows warning msg - Similar Threads - modem down boot

2. app & browser control's auto shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    app & browser control's auto shut down: has app & browser's auto shut down been fixed now ? Microsoft was working on it. anybody? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-browser-controls-auto-shut-down/544ff50e-927a-4b37-9ebb-002b3eca7af7
  3. app & browser control's auto shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    app & browser control's auto shut down: has app & browser's auto shut down been fixed now ? Microsoft was working on it. anybody? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-browser-controls-auto-shut-down/544ff50e-927a-4b37-9ebb-002b3eca7af7
  4. app & browser control's auto shut down

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Msg received on start-up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Msg received on start-up: I recently downloaded the latest version of Windows 10. The message hereunder now pops up on startup/ "This disc "MacInosh-HD-data" can't be unlocked, A problem has been detected with this disc that prevents it from being unlocked." Don MacLeod...
  6. My laptop shuts down when is on battery with no any warning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop shuts down when is on battery with no any warning: I have one Toshiba Satelite C850 -176 and this days i have changed the battery . I am charging the battery and when i use the laptop with the battery without any warning the laptop close !! I am starting the laptop again and after few minutes of using it close again!!!...
  7. Warning msg - Auto ignore

Warning msg - Auto ignore: Hi, Is it possible to execute the app PES 2018 and not get this message? Somehow to make it auto ignore itself :) The msg is the same. I just found this screenshot online. Couldn't bother capturing it myself :) The game works just fine. It's just super annoying the fact...
  8. EVENT VIEWER WARNING MSG

EVENT VIEWER WARNING MSG: class code 0x7F8000 Moved from: Windows 10 / Devices & drivers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/event-viewer-warning-msg/7003286f-f97e-41d8-b0d3-c2b0057ab0a1
  9. EVENT VIEWER WARNING MSG

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    EVENT VIEWER WARNING MSG: class code 0x7F8000 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/event-viewer-warning-msg/7003286f-f97e-41d8-b0d3-c2b0057ab0a1
  10. Red Scam Warning in Browser

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Red Scam Warning in Browser: A little while ago, shortly after booting the computer and launching Chrome, the Yahoo! home page got replaced with a red page about some sort of malware attack on my computer, complete with recorded voice warning. Considering that Avast and Malwarebytes both found nothing,...