Windows 10: When motherboard is replaced and you login with BitLocker recovery key do you have to...

Discus and support When motherboard is replaced and you login with BitLocker recovery key do you have to... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When motherboard is replaced and you login with BitLocker recovery key do you have to change Windows password afterwards? Also does TPM changes... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jackin, May 6, 2019.

1. jackin Win User

When motherboard is replaced and you login with BitLocker recovery key do you have to...

When motherboard is replaced and you login with BitLocker recovery key do you have to change Windows password afterwards?

Also does TPM changes anything or store any other/new value after you login with Bit Locker recovery key?

:)

jackin, May 6, 2019

2. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, May 6, 2019
  3. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Shafeeq,

Please find my answers to your questions below:

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key? - Yes, I am unable to even start my laptop unless I enter the recovery key.
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer? Nope
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key? Yes. I have a microsoft account and am able to login usually. But i am unable to login when I try to find the bitlocker recovery key.
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional? Windows 10 Home

When I on my laptop, there is a blue screen that asks me for bitlocker recovery key. I have tried asking my laptop company (Lenovo) and my institution both but no one has any answer to this. I have my bitlocker recovery ID number if that can help me find
    the recovery key.

Waiting eagerly for a response.

Thanks, and regards,

Shweta

Singh Shweta Rajkumar, May 6, 2019
  4. pj04 Win User

When motherboard is replaced and you login with BitLocker recovery key do you have to...

Asking for Bitlocker recovery key on login

So I was playing with BIOS settings for reformatting my laptop and reinstalling Windows using bootable USB drive. I didn't succeed and I probably did something stupid. Now I'm not able to login into my laptop. It's asking me for bitlocker recovery key on both disabled and enabled settings of secure boot.

On "Enabled" setting, it says "Bitlocker needs your recovery key to unlock your drive because Secure Boot policy has unexpectedly changed."

When motherboard is replaced and you login with BitLocker recovery key do you have to... [​IMG]

On "Disabled" setting, it says "Bitlocker needs your recovery key to unlock your drive because Secure Boot has been disabled. Either Secure Boot must be re-enabled, or Bitlocker must be suspended for Windows to start normally."

When motherboard is replaced and you login with BitLocker recovery key do you have to... [​IMG]

I don't have a recovery key. I don't remember setting one. I even searched for it in my Microsoft account. My device (ASUS X205TA) is listed but the recovery key is not.

Note that I don't have any useful data in the laptop, so I'd be fine with reinstalling windows even if I loose all the data. I just want to be able to use my laptop again.

pj04, May 6, 2019
Thema:

1. When motherboard is replaced and you login with BitLocker recovery key do you have to... - Similar Threads - motherboard replaced login

2. How to unlock Bitlocker key recovery when your account doesn’t show you have a key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to unlock Bitlocker key recovery when your account doesn’t show you have a key?: I have been going in circles and can’t seem to get anyone from Microsoft support on the phone or in chat. My computer updated and needs the Bitlocker key password, which I did not set up, or is shown in my account. How do I bypass this using the command prompt?...
  3. How to unlock Bitlocker key recovery when your account doesn’t show you have a key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to unlock Bitlocker key recovery when your account doesn’t show you have a key?: I have been going in circles and can’t seem to get anyone from Microsoft support on the phone or in chat. My computer updated and needs the Bitlocker key password, which I did not set up, or is shown in my account. How do I bypass this using the command prompt?...
  4. have you universal bitlocker key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    have you universal bitlocker key: We don't get bitlocker recovery key from my ad server. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/have-you-universal-bitlocker-key/8ad827d2-3369-47fe-9802-1af3cc3a4a46
  5. have you universal bitlocker key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    have you universal bitlocker key: We don't get bitlocker recovery key from my ad server. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/have-you-universal-bitlocker-key/8ad827d2-3369-47fe-9802-1af3cc3a4a46
  6. have you universal bitlocker key

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Workaround When You Don't Have a Password or a Bitlocker Encryption Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Workaround When You Don't Have a Password or a Bitlocker Encryption Key: "Bitlocker Invasion" A week ago I mistakenly turned off my Dell XPS laptop instead of putting it to sleep, which apparently Microsoft interpreted as an invitation to activate the bitlocker encryption and completely lock me out of my own computer. Why Microsoft didn't notify...
  8. Does bitlocker key not work when motherboard is replaced?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Does bitlocker key not work when motherboard is replaced?: Good Day, I would like to know if the BitLocker key change if the motherboard is replaced?, because I heard one of the user replaced the mobo, and he was not able to enter the bit locker key shown in his account , if anyone could shed light on this would be great...
  9. Bitlocker and motherboard replacement

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker and motherboard replacement: About a week ago my laptop wouldn't power on. After troubleshooting, it was determined by Dell that the motherboard was bad and it would need to be replaced. When I sent my laptop off to Dell, about a week later I received it back. Now I can not work. I have a Microsoft...
  10. Boot loop and you have your BitLocker recovery key!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot loop and you have your BitLocker recovery key!: Ok- posting this because I could not find any other solution to my problem. Here is my problem- I actually have my BitLocker recovery key but my computer keeps rebooting in an endless loop and I cant really access any options because it says i need to enter my Bitlocker...