Windows 10: When moving tabs in Edge they can disappear

Discus and support When moving tabs in Edge they can disappear in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I use Edge browser but encountered an annoying issue. When I move tabs to a new window in YouTube to watch a video while doing other things and then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ManishArdila, Jan 24, 2019.

1. When moving tabs in Edge they can disappear

I use Edge browser but encountered an annoying issue. When I move tabs to a new window in YouTube to watch a video while doing other things and then try to move it back to the main browser where I have other opened tabs, the tab which I want to move disappears but the audio from that video is playing in the background. So I have to restart the browser to open my YouTube tab. Is there a workaround?

:)

ManishArdila, Jan 24, 2019

2. When moving tabs in Edge they can disappear

I use Edge browser but encountered an annoying issue. When I move tabs to a new window
    in YouTube to watch a video while doing other things and
    then try to move it back to the main browser where I have other opened tabs, the tab which I
    want to move disappears but the audio from that video
    is playing in the background. So I have to restart the browser to open my YouTube tab. Is there
    a workaround?

ManishArdila, Dec 16, 2019
  3. Edge Tabs disappear but audio still keeps playing.

If I minimise Edge or go to another programme from the task bar, when I return to Edge all tabs I have started during my session have disappeared apart from the original 'opening' tab.

Audio is still playing from any videos or music running in the tabs but they can't be found anywhere.

The only way to stop the lost tabs is ctrl-alt-delete and Task Bar to end task.

BUT, then when Edge is started again the disappeared tabs reappear along with an extra 'start afresh' tab.

Anyone having this problem please keep this question up because I've noticed that some issues take years for this multi-billion company to address.

For a multi billion dollar corporation (WHOSE WORK IS COMPUTERS AND INTERNET) it's a pretty bad show when you can't even find Microsoft Edge listed under the 'Internet Explorer Version' box in the Ask A Question form.

Yes, I know Edge isn't IE but the Microsoft.com Community Apps list (with 'all Apps' extended, doesn't even list Edge yet (despite the fact that it's been out for years)).

If you want to pay anyone £25,000 per year to trawl all your confusing sites for the confusing, frustrating errors splattered all over, let me know.

DREADFUL

rumbleofdrums, Dec 16, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

When moving tabs in Edge they can disappear

Internet Explorer 11 Programs Tab Disappears When Clicked

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What exactly do you mean by program tab disappears after you click it?

• Do you face this issue specific with program tab or all the tab?
    I suggest you to open Internet Option from Command prompt and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to open Internet Options.

1. Press windows + R and type
    inetcpl.cpl.

2. After opening the Internet options check if the issue still persist.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Dec 16, 2019
Thema:

When moving tabs in Edge they can disappear

1. When moving tabs in Edge they can disappear - Similar Threads - moving tabs Edge

2. Taskbar disappearing when alt tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar disappearing when alt tab: Whenever I alt tab, my taskbar disappears. Below is a screenshot of google, then world of warcraft replacing the taskbar. This happens with discord and other games too....
  3. Taskbar disappearing when alt tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar disappearing when alt tab: Whenever I alt tab, my taskbar disappears. Below is a screenshot of google, then world of warcraft replacing the taskbar. This happens with discord and other games too....
  4. Taskbar disappearing when alt tab

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Tabs disappear when scrolling down

Tabs disappear when scrolling down: I just bought a new touch screen Acer spin laptop with Windows 10. When scrolling down using the arrow at the very bottom, all my tabs will suddenly disappear and I get returned to the home screen. This has happened to me twice today. With my older laptop this used to happen...
  6. Files disappeared when moved

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Files disappeared when moved: Tried to move some files and now they've disappeared. They're not in the Recycle Bin. I can see them when I search my drive, but they have an Internet Explorer icon on them? How can I recover them? submitted by /u/ScribblyScribe [link] [comments]...
  7. Tabs in Microsoft Edge disappear when computer shuts down.

Tabs in Microsoft Edge disappear when computer shuts down.: Since the most recent update, the tabs in Microsoft Edge disappear when computer shuts down. Further, prior you could set aside tabs and view them at any time as a feature of Microsoft Edge but now these have completely disappeared and I don't know if they can be recovered....
  8. When are Extensions in Edge Dev moved to Edge

in Browsers and Email
    When are Extensions in Edge Dev moved to Edge: I seem to have missed the boat here*Tongue but I don't know when things developed in Edge Dev are moved to Edge? Possibly I can just use Edge Dev and eventually it becomes Edge. I have a bit of a problem using Flash in Dev where I don't in Edge. At any rate both of them have...
  9. Tabs disappear

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Tabs disappear: Why can't I have more than one tab open? When I try to open another tab--it exits out of everything & I must start over. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tabs-disappear/92ec7306-2135-427a-a15b-1f0e5ca220eb
  10. Edge sometimes moves a tab to a new window. Why?

in Browsers and Email
    Edge sometimes moves a tab to a new window. Why?: Is there some way that I can stop Edge from moving a tab to a new window when I click on the tab? I have not been able to work out what I am doing differently when this happens. Usually it just shows the tab when I click on it, but it is very frustrating to have my tab moved...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. tabs disappear in edge 2019

2. tabs disappear in edge

3. tab disappear in edge when clicking

4. why can i move tabs in edge,
  5. tabs in edge dissapearing