Windows 10: When muting microphone on headset a slider shows up and slowly puts volume back to zero....

Discus and support When muting microphone on headset a slider shows up and slowly puts volume back to zero.... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Due to my pc having the duel headphone port I decided to get a USB to 3.5mm adapter from 'Ugreen'. My headset has a seperate mute button attached but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by charliebrayn, Apr 2, 2021.

1. When muting microphone on headset a slider shows up and slowly puts volume back to zero....

Due to my pc having the duel headphone port I decided to get a USB to 3.5mm adapter from 'Ugreen'. My headset has a seperate mute button attached but whenever I press this button it brings up a volume bar in the top right, which I believe to be for the keyboard volume up and down buttons, then proceeds to drop my volume to zero like it is being manually turned down.

I have tried to update my audio drivers USB ones from the internet however it never actually changes the driver and stays on the default 'Realtek USB2.0 audio'. My current theory is that my mute button is being interperated as a command for volume decrease due to the USB connection however it hasn't always been like this and just appeared suddenly making it seem more like a driver problem.

I have searched the internet for anybody with the same problem but I can't find any advice other than to update my driver which I will keep trying to do.

Any suggestions will be appreciated but it isn't the end of the world because if I do not need to talk I can simply plug headphones without a microphone in.

:)

charliebrayn, Apr 2, 2021

2. Microphone properties level is fixed on mute and I cannot change it

I am running Windows 10 Pro and my Microphone properties level is fixed on mute and I cannot change. The slider is at zero and it indicates that the microphone is muted. I change the sider to 100% and unclick the icon to unmute the settings. In less than
    10 seconds all the settings reset back to zero and mute. I have tried every fixed that I could find on the internet. I have uninstalled the driver and reinstalled. Troubleshooting do not find any issues. The Webcam mic and the headset both show on the recording
    tab. The Webcam is a Logitech c920 HD Pro and the headset is a Logitech H111.

Can anyone offer any suggestions on how to get this issue resolved?

TerryTewell53, Apr 2, 2021
  3. Curioser Win User
    Windows 10 - microphone volume keeps returning to zero

none of the above resolved the issue for me. this mic is part of a usb surround sound headset. I have the latest software from the manufacturer of the headset.

The mic was working consistently two days ago, now it is no longer consistent or reliable.

I have already switched usb ports. The same issue occurred with both the usb ports that were tried.

I have Windows Defender enabled.

I ran malware check provided by Microsoft. No change.

I am repeatedly un-muting from control panel>hardware & sound>recording

I have run troubleshooter for recording -- All that did was reset everything to default and once again un-muted the mic.

After a time, Windows 10 again mutes the mic and sets mic output to zero.

Skype was not running at the time of the tests.

If I do not use the mic or if I do attempt to use the mic, the same thing occurs, after a time the mic is muted and mic output set to zero.

For example (eg.) I have been typing this reply for a few minutes...i have unmuted the mic several times and increased volume on mic. Again, after a time, the mic again was returned to zero and muted by what appears to be windows 10.

It is like there is a timer active, one that automatically mutes the mic and sets mic output to 0. A timer I did not set or authorize.

If you have a resolution, please reply, if you do not, please refer me to someone who can resolve the issue.

Thank you,

Curioser, Apr 2, 2021
  4. When muting microphone on headset a slider shows up and slowly puts volume back to zero....

Volume goes to zero and mute.

volume goes to zero and mute.

Original subject: volume

williamzmuda, Apr 2, 2021
Thema:

When muting microphone on headset a slider shows up and slowly puts volume back to zero....

1. When muting microphone on headset a slider shows up and slowly puts volume back to zero.... - Similar Threads - muting microphone headset

2. Windows 10 volume slider and mute button not working on wireless not bluetooth headsets

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 volume slider and mute button not working on wireless not bluetooth headsets: Hi! I own two different wireless headsets for which the windows sound control does not work changing volume or muting, the volume always stays the same. So thisis the same volume as thisIf I change the volume in the sound mixer for separate programs it works as expected, so...
  3. Logitech USB headset volume automatically reduced to zero

Logitech USB headset volume automatically reduced to zero: The headset with speakers and mic was working properly before certain Windows 10 updates but it is no longer working now. I used to plug in the headset when I wanted to use it and unplug it after use. Now when I plugged in the headset if the PC has already turned on, the...
  4. Headset microphone muted by default

Headset microphone muted by default: Hello, I have the "Tronsmart Spunky beat" Bluetooth earphones, which have a mic and can be used as a headset. Whenever I connect them, the mic appears muted by default, and I have to go to the settings and unmute it so I can use it. This is what it looks like after...
  5. Automatically Speaker Volume goes to zero / mute

Automatically Speaker Volume goes to zero / mute: Irrespective of increase of the volume, it goes back to zero/mute. Tried all the options of the drivers, but still not resolved. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatically-speaker-volume-goes-to-zero-mute/bb6018dc-9bd9-4005-8c55-58e6598e7ad1
  6. my headset's microphone is not showing up anywhere.

my headset's microphone is not showing up anywhere.: I recently bought an Alienware Aw310h headset, and plugged it into my ALienware M17 r3's headphone jack. But, the microphone is not showing up. Is there something I can do with the computer, or do I need to buy a usb adapter and the splitter cable provided?...
  7. Headset microphone is not showing up on devices

Headset microphone is not showing up on devices: I have a headset that came with a splitter and when i plug it into the computer the i can hear audio fine and the headset shows up in devices but the microphone doesnt show up in devices. How can i fix this?...
  8. Headset microphone not showing up in Recording Devices

Headset microphone not showing up in Recording Devices: Hi, my son has done a Windows 10 update a few days ago on his PC and since then the microphone on his headset is not working. We have tried all the fixes like uninstalling and reinstalling the audio drives but it simply has stopped working and it was working fine before the...
  9. Headset Microphones Do Not Have Programmatically Detectable Microphone Mute from Headset...

Headset Microphones Do Not Have Programmatically Detectable Microphone Mute from Headset...: I have a couple of gaming headsets both with a mute button. If I go into Windows 10 Sound Manager I can see the headset speakers and microphone and all have a mute checkbox. I have written a program in C++ that allows me to mute or un-mute the microphone as seen in the Sound...
  10. Headset Micorphone Volume Slider issue.

Headset Micorphone Volume Slider issue.: I was trying to skype a fellow mate when he said he couldent hear me. So i went to my recording devices and saw that my microphone volume was at 0. I tried to turn it up but it just went back to 0. Now its Glitching out between 0 and 5... No idea how to fix this. I plugged...