Windows 10: When my computer goes to sleep, all the open tabs of Opera on my virtual desktops are...

Discus and support When my computer goes to sleep, all the open tabs of Opera on my virtual desktops are... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So I usually have a virtual desktop for each class I'm taking. I open up applications like Opera in each virtual desktop and keep a bunch of tabs open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SpencerKranz, Apr 9, 2020.

1. When my computer goes to sleep, all the open tabs of Opera on my virtual desktops are...

So I usually have a virtual desktop for each class I'm taking. I open up applications like Opera in each virtual desktop and keep a bunch of tabs open in each Opera window on each virtual desktop related to the class. When my PC goes to sleep, Opera closes. When I wake my PC, I reopen Opera, but all the windows now appear on the original desktop, not on their respective virtual desktops. How do I fix this so that when I open Opera after putting my computer to sleep, the Opera windows that were on each of their own respective virtual desktops go back there?

Thank you!

:)

SpencerKranz, Apr 9, 2020
  2. Derty Win User

Virtual Desktops showing apps not in certain desktops

Hi, I have a problem with W10 virtual desktops.

I'll explain it step by step :

Go to virtual desktop 1
    Open full windowed Chrome
    Go to virtual desktop 2
    Open two different full windowed excels
    Hit windows-tab

And you end up in this mess i'm attaching as a screenshot.

If you click on destktop 3 icon, you'll be there, but excel will be shown, full windowed, as if you were on desktop 2.
    If you then minimize it, it goes to the desktop 2 taskbar.

If you click on desktop 1 icon, you'll get there, but excels will be shown instead of Chrome. If you put the mouse over desktop 1 icon and then click Chrome above virtual desktops, you'll get to desktop 1 with Chrome being shown as normal.

If you close one of the two excels, virtual desktops works again as expected.

What can I test to solve this mess?

Thanx a lot, I've been expecting a fix in every new compilation, with no luck.

César

Derty, Apr 9, 2020
  3. How to open app on another virtual desktop?

Hi Radim,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if virtual desktop or task view option is not enabled.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to enable virtual desktop on the computer.

The virtual desktops feature in Windows 10 is known as “Task View” and is located on the Taskbar. Clicking the “Task View” button brings up the Task View interface, where you can see your open windows on virtual desktops which you have added.

To enable task view option on the taskbar.

1. Right click on Taskbar.

2. Click on Show task view button.

3. Then it will be available on the task bar next to the Search bar.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with using virtual desktop, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Apr 9, 2020
  4. When my computer goes to sleep, all the open tabs of Opera on my virtual desktops are...

Computer goes to Sleep mode automatically

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below if not tried already and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>System>Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select Never from the drop down list for
      Screen
      and Sleep.
    • Close the dialog box and check for status.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

When my computer goes to sleep, all the open tabs of Opera on my virtual desktops are...

1. When my computer goes to sleep, all the open tabs of Opera on my virtual desktops are... - Similar Threads - computer goes sleep

2. Computer goes to sleep when printing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer goes to sleep when printing: Hi ExpertsI have a Windows10 computer, and it connected to a printer by USB or WIFI.When I am printing a big file, like 100 color pages or above, the printing job was spooling in the queue and then sent to the printer.The issue is, the inkjet printer will take a long time to...
  3. Computer goes to sleep when printing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer goes to sleep when printing: Hi ExpertsI have a Windows10 computer, and it connected to a printer by USB or WIFI.When I am printing a big file, like 100 color pages or above, the printing job was spooling in the queue and then sent to the printer.The issue is, the inkjet printer will take a long time to...
  4. Computer goes to sleep when printing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Opera opening thousands of help tabs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Opera opening thousands of help tabs: Hey so I was just watching YouTube and out of nowhere opera started opening help tabs automatically and they won't stop opening and opens thousands of tabs and my laptop is weak so it's hard to close opera and after when i click on opera gx to open it again it open Microsoft...
  6. Opera opening thousands of help tabs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Opera opening thousands of help tabs: Hey so I was just watching YouTube and out of nowhere opera started opening help tabs automatically and they won't stop opening and opens thousands of tabs and my laptop is weak so it's hard to close opera and after when i click on opera gx to open it again it open Microsoft...
  7. Opera opening thousands of help tabs

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. VPN connection disconnects when my computer goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    VPN connection disconnects when my computer goes to sleep: A google search revealed a setting "when my pc is asleep and on battery power, disconnect from the network..." However, I dont have this setting under Power & Sleep. Was this setting removed in a recent OS update? If so, how can I fix this? [ATTACH]...
  9. My computer keeps on crashing when it goes to sleep

My computer keeps on crashing when it goes to sleep: Hello Everybody, Lately I have been having this issue where my computer decides to crash when it is supposed to go to sleep. I have had different iterations where my computer wakes itself from sleep and it keep the lights and fans on, but my peripherals do not work and...
  10. Computer goes to sleep when screen goes off

Computer goes to sleep when screen goes off: My laptop sleeps when the screen goes off regardless of the sleep time settings. I followed all the steps described in thisthread to fix it but to no avail. Perhaps a fresh reinstall of Windows would fix it? HP ENVY X360 - 13-ar0005na...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. opera sleeping tab

2. how to stop computer from shuffling through all open tabs when timeout