Windows 10: When my computer goes to sleep, it does not recognize any users and the only login option...

Discus and support When my computer goes to sleep, it does not recognize any users and the only login option... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So I am having this issue on both my laptop and my desktop computer. They are both updated to the newest version of windows 10. Whenever the computers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by dragonv2122, Nov 18, 2021.

1. When my computer goes to sleep, it does not recognize any users and the only login option...

So I am having this issue on both my laptop and my desktop computer. They are both updated to the newest version of windows 10. Whenever the computers go to sleep and they are turned back on, the only login option is other users. I do not have any other users accounts setup on both of the computers. No usernames or passwords work to login. I can fix this issue by restarting them, but I want a permanent solution that do not involve restarting the computers. I have not been able to find any other solutions or permanent fixes online and I have no idea how to fix it. Please let me know if there ar

:)

dragonv2122, Nov 18, 2021
  2. Jim8080 Win User

Computer Sleep Option Missing in Settings

The Settings Power and Sleep menu in Settings should list Screen and Sleep, where Sleep is used to tell when the PC goes to sleep. Sleep is missing, so my computer never sleeps. Fast startup and Hibernate are not enabled.

I used Tutorial Add or Remove Sleep in Power menu in Windows 10 to change the registry while in administrative mode, but sleep still is not seen.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FlyoutMenuSettings now lists :1: It was 0 before the change.

When my computer goes to sleep, it does not recognize any users and the only login option... [​IMG]

I cannot get a large image, so will type
    Default REG_SZ (value not set)
    ShowHibernate REG_DWORD 0X00000000 (0)
    ShowLockOption REG_DWORD 0X00000000 (1)
    ShowLockOption REG_DWORD 0X00000000 (1)

I used Option 3 to add sleep using the Group Policy Editor. The steps seemed to work fine, but sleep is still missing.

I’m using a “new” refurbished Dell T3500 workstation with mbr running the current version of win10. I have a number of these computers, and the other all have the normal sleep mode .

Any suggestions? Jim

Jim8080, Nov 18, 2021
  3. nickozao Win User
    Skip the login screen after computer goes to sleep

Hello,
    I often make AFK breaks from my laptop, and since it goes to sleep most of the time I come to this login and pre-login screen (like pictured) when it wakes up.

There is only one user on this laptop, not sure if I can use admin account as default or any other solution to skip this login screen as it feels pointless to login on a one user computer like this. I have nothing to hide and there is no password either.

It might seem like no hassle just clicking twice to log back in but when I am in a hurry, it feels rather annoying.

So is there any way to disable this somehow? When my computer goes to sleep, it does not recognize any users and the only login option... :)

nickozao, Nov 18, 2021
  4. When my computer goes to sleep, it does not recognize any users and the only login option...

Computer goes to Sleep mode automatically

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below if not tried already and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>System>Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select Never from the drop down list for
      Screen
      and Sleep.
    • Close the dialog box and check for status.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 18, 2021
Thema:

When my computer goes to sleep, it does not recognize any users and the only login option...

1. When my computer goes to sleep, it does not recognize any users and the only login option... - Similar Threads - computer goes sleep

2. Computer goes to sleep when printing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer goes to sleep when printing: Hi ExpertsI have a Windows10 computer, and it connected to a printer by USB or WIFI.When I am printing a big file, like 100 color pages or above, the printing job was spooling in the queue and then sent to the printer.The issue is, the inkjet printer will take a long time to...
  3. Computer goes to sleep when printing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer goes to sleep when printing: Hi ExpertsI have a Windows10 computer, and it connected to a printer by USB or WIFI.When I am printing a big file, like 100 color pages or above, the printing job was spooling in the queue and then sent to the printer.The issue is, the inkjet printer will take a long time to...
  4. Computer goes to sleep when printing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. When my computer goes to sleep, it does not recognize any users and the only login option...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When my computer goes to sleep, it does not recognize any users and the only login option...: So I am having this issue on both my laptop and my desktop computer. They are both updated to the newest version of windows 10. Whenever the computers go to sleep and they are turned back on, the only login option is other users. I do not have any other users accounts setup...
  6. When my computer goes to sleep, it does not recognize any users and the only login option...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When my computer goes to sleep, it does not recognize any users and the only login option...: So I am having this issue on both my laptop and my desktop computer. They are both updated to the newest version of windows 10. Whenever the computers go to sleep and they are turned back on, the only login option is other users. I do not have any other users accounts setup...
  7. Why does my new computer sleep when sleep option is set to "never sleep"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does my new computer sleep when sleep option is set to "never sleep": I have a new laptop computer and I have set the sleep option to "Never" when plugged into power. However, it appears to ignore this setting and sleeps anyway. It is a problem because it prevents my printer from working with other computers that share printing.Note that I have...
  8. Computer goes to sleep when closing lid when changed options

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer goes to sleep when closing lid when changed options: I changed the Power Plan so that my computer will never sleep when it is charging. I also made so it won’t sleep or shutdown when lid is closed. However, when i slowly close lid to see if screen stays on, it turns off. I even went to registry editor and changed these settings...
  9. Computer goes to sleep when screen goes off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer goes to sleep when screen goes off: My laptop sleeps when the screen goes off regardless of the sleep time settings. I followed all the steps described in thisthread to fix it but to no avail. Perhaps a fresh reinstall of Windows would fix it? HP ENVY X360 - 13-ar0005na...
  10. Other user only login option

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Other user only login option: I recently reset my PC and when its done resetting it skips the whole entier setup page and shoots me straight to the home page with the only option to login as “other user.” No I cannot acess really anything while shift left clicking on restart besides completly wiping my...