Windows 10: when my computer resets - the custom mouse settings are deleted.

Discus and support when my computer resets - the custom mouse settings are deleted. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When the computer resets, the mouse cursor is set to the windows default - why does every version of Windows 10 not allow you to add a custom cursor? -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by genb, Mar 27, 2019.

1. genb Win User

when my computer resets - the custom mouse settings are deleted.

When the computer resets, the mouse cursor is set to the windows default - why does every version of Windows 10 not allow you to add a custom cursor? - well... allows you to add a cursor for one session? - it seems that windows 10 is not stable, and was made by armatures...

:)

2. Reset mouse settings in Windows 10?

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Devices.
    • Click on Mouse and Touchpad.
    • In the right pane, click on Additional Mouse Settings.
    • Under Pointer tab, Click on Use Default.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 27, 2019
  3. Reset mouse settings in Windows 10?

I tried using your instructions to restore the touch pad mouse on Windows 10. It didn't work

KenHittmeier, Mar 27, 2019
  4. when my computer resets - the custom mouse settings are deleted.

Mouse settings reset after boot

Hi,

Thank you for updating on the issue.

khalmnpr.exe is a background process that is installed on your system when you set up certain Logitech products, such as their wireless keyboards and mouse. It enables full configuration and diagnostics for these products. This program should be considered
    part of the driver package, and thus not touched under normal circumstances.

Step 1.

So, I suggest you try installing mouse driver in compatibility mode and check. Follow the below steps on how to install the driver in compatibility mode.

Note: Make sure you download the updated graphic driver.

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    Step 2.

For the Cortana and Start menu issue, I suggest you to try the below steps provided and check if it helps.

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click on File tab and select Run New Task.
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside Create this task with administrative privileges.
    • Type Powershell.
    • Type the following in the Powershell prompt:

$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest
    • Close the Powershell window
    • Reboot the computer for the changes to take effect.
    Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Mar 27, 2019
Thema:

when my computer resets - the custom mouse settings are deleted.

1. when my computer resets - the custom mouse settings are deleted. - Similar Threads - computer resets custom

2. Will resetting my computer delete my documents and/or account?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Will resetting my computer delete my documents and/or account?: I have an x555q Asus. I've been wanting to do this because the my laptop can't handle the updates. I specifically chose "keep my files" options so I wouldn't lose my personal/important files. But I forgot my old account's password and I don't have that old account anymore to...
  3. How to reset mouse setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reset mouse setting: Hello.how do I reset the mouse settings? I must have installed something that means I can't right-click and select copy. The right button doesn't work at all, I use the latest version of Windows and a Logitech M110. Thanks for any tips I can get. Fredrik...
  4. How to reset mouse setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset mouse setting: Hello.how do I reset the mouse settings? I must have installed something that means I can't right-click and select copy. The right button doesn't work at all, I use the latest version of Windows and a Logitech M110. Thanks for any tips I can get. Fredrik...
  5. Mouse Settings Changing on all of my computers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Settings Changing on all of my computers: I have 2 computers and left click on my second computer's mouse is broken so I change the first and second buttons but this change also effects my other computer which is something I don't want but I don't see an option to change it on a single computer in fact it doesn't...
  6. When I turn on my computer it keeps resetting to default settings.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When I turn on my computer it keeps resetting to default settings.: Last night my computer was working fine and I changed no setting at all. I shut it down at like 2am and then turned it on this morning. When it turned on my laptop background changed to the default background, 90% of my icons are gone, it reverted to light mode instead of...
  7. Mouse Customization

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse Customization: I am unable to change my cursor from the default pointer to a Precision Select pointer. It worked for me before, but now I am unable to change it back. What am I doing wrong or I need to change....
  8. Custom Reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Custom Reset: I'm wishing to reset my laptop but i have some apps that i don't want to get rid of, mainly my paid Office and my third party anti- virus. Is there a way that i can choose to reset keeping my personal files and Office. I know that you can choose to reset and keep your...
  9. why do my custom mouse cursors/pointers keep resetting?

in Windows 10 Customization
    why do my custom mouse cursors/pointers keep resetting?: I have custom mouse cursors set that match the theme of my PC (black and red), but every time I turn my computer on they reset back to the default cursors, and when I go into the mouse settings to change them back, it says that I still have them set to my custom profile. is...
  10. Mouse settings constantly resetting.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse settings constantly resetting.: Hey, folks. Just upgraded to 10. Not blown away so far, but it's a lot less stupid than 8. Glad they gave it away for free, seems like the fair thing to do considering they actually charged people money for 8. Anyway, I'm here because my mouse settings keep reverting back...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. deleted mouse settings