Windows 10: When my computer starts up, I get the message: "The user naame or password is incorrect....

Discus and support When my computer starts up, I get the message: "The user naame or password is incorrect.... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Every time my Windows 10 PC restarts I get a message saying. "The Password or user name is incorrect. Please try again." I've set the computer to not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by richardtwo, Nov 5, 2018.

1. When my computer starts up, I get the message: "The user naame or password is incorrect....

Every time my Windows 10 PC restarts I get a message saying. "The Password or user name is incorrect. Please try again." I've set the computer to not require a PW on start up, but that is apparently ignored. I then must enter my password and the computer is fine. To make matters worse, When Outlook starts it demands my password again, even though I always click on "remember PW". I tried changing my PW but that had no effect. What is going on here? BTW, I'm running the latest version of Windows 10, and this has been going on for at least the last two versions.

:)

richardtwo, Nov 5, 2018

2. When my computer starts up, I get the message: "The user naame or password is incorrect. Please try again."

Thank you very much! The last suggestion ( Netplwiz) worked! I chose your suggestion to NOT require a PW. Additionally, it fixed the other issue, and I didn't have to enter a PW to start Outlook (2007).

If I choose to require a PW in the future, however, will I encounter the same problem?

To answer your questions:

1. This issue had been plaguing me for quite a while. It had been happening for several Outlook 10 version updates.

2. I have not made any substantive changes to my computer.

3. I'm using a Microsoft account

4. At the start screen, there are no other accounts listed.

---NOTE: When I used ‘Netplwiz’ there were three "users" listed;

One is: HomeGroupUser$, and the other two are my email address, one of these indicating "Admiinsrators".

Is this normal?

richardtwo, Nov 6, 2018
  3. When my computer starts up, I get the message: "The user naame or password is incorrect. Please try again."

Hello Richardtwo,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please provide some additional information, so that we can assist you better.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Have you made any changes on your computer?
    3. Are you using Local account or Microsoft account?
    4. Do you see any other user account on the bottom left hand corner?
    However, I would suggest you to follow below mentioned methods and see if that helps:

Method 1: Disable “Use my sign info” settings.

1. Click on ‘Start button’.
    2. Type ‘Settings’.
    3. Go to ‘Accounts’.
    4. Sign in option’.
    5. In the privacy section, Turn off ‘Use my sign in information automatically finish setting up my device after an update or restart’ settings.

Method 2: If the issue still persists, follow the below mentioned steps.

1. Press the Windows + R key on your keyboard.
    2. Type ‘Netplwiz’.
    3. Check box and user must enter a name and password to use the computer.
    4. Click on ‘Apply’. You should see the automatically sign in windows box, if not uncheck the box and click ‘Apply’.
    5. Enter your username and password and click on ‘Ok’.
    6. If you don’t want to enter your password each time, uncheck the box and user must enter a name and password.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes or No’.

Harish

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Harish_kum, Nov 6, 2018
  4. When my computer starts up, I get the message: "The user naame or password is incorrect....

When my computer starts up, I get the message: "The user naame or password is incorrect. Please try again."

Every time my Windows 10 PC restarts I get a message saying. "The Password or user name is incorrect. Please try again." I've set the computer to not require a PW on start up, but that is apparently ignored. I then must enter my password and the computer
    is fine. To make matters worse, When Outlook starts it demands my password again, even though I always click on "remember PW". I tried changing my PW but that had no effect. What is going on here? BTW, I'm running the latest version of Windows 10, and
    this has been going on for at least the last two versions.

richardtwo, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

When my computer starts up, I get the message: "The user naame or password is incorrect....

1. When my computer starts up, I get the message: "The user naame or password is incorrect.... - Similar Threads - computer starts message

2. Incorrect password message when login into the system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incorrect password message when login into the system: After replacing a memory module in the PC, when I started it again, it did a kind or system restore.The situation is that now, it does not recognize my Microsoft live password, the password is correct, I have reset it. But it's like it doesn't check it online, but I don't...
  3. Incorrect password message when login into the system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Incorrect password message when login into the system: After replacing a memory module in the PC, when I started it again, it did a kind or system restore.The situation is that now, it does not recognize my Microsoft live password, the password is correct, I have reset it. But it's like it doesn't check it online, but I don't...
  4. when I restart my computer an unauthorized user starts up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when I restart my computer an unauthorized user starts up: when I restart my computer an unauthorized local user starts appears.If I remove the user and restart the computer it reappears again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-restart-my-computer-an-unauthorized-user/7f9129a2-64c5-43f7-af4e-3e06574dbf9a
  5. when I restart my computer an unauthorized user starts up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when I restart my computer an unauthorized user starts up: when I restart my computer an unauthorized local user starts appears.If I remove the user and restart the computer it reappears again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-restart-my-computer-an-unauthorized-user/7f9129a2-64c5-43f7-af4e-3e06574dbf9a
  6. when I restart my computer an unauthorized user starts up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  7. Incorrect password message

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Incorrect password message: For several days now, I've gotten an 'Incorrect Password' message when unlocking my computer. This never used to happen and I know I'm slowly entering the correct password-caps lock is not on. I can't even click on OK after the error message because it's greyed out-the only...
  8. Password incorrect - No admin user when trying to troubleshoot start up

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password incorrect - No admin user when trying to troubleshoot start up: I was on my computer in the morning. I had a hit to my Comcast and then my computer was black. I did a hard shut down and powered it back up once Comcast was back up. When I enter the password it tells me it is incorrect. I tried a restart holding shift and then tried to...
  9. When I start computer I get this message: Not provisioned?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    When I start computer I get this message: Not provisioned?: When I start computer I get this message: Not provisioned??? Help * Original title: windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-start-computer-i-get-this-message-not/fdaa7804-53ea-4de0-a969-e9a934fe3afb
  10. “Password incorrect” message when starting PC on Safe Mode?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    “Password incorrect” message when starting PC on Safe Mode?: I rebooted my PC in Safe Mode after downloading Display Driver Uninstaller and although I’m sure I’m entering the right account password it continues to say the password is incorrect and I’m locked out of my PC. Please help. Thank you!...