Windows 10: When my computer tries to update Windows it says " windows cannot update undoing changes"...

Discus and support When my computer tries to update Windows it says " windows cannot update undoing changes"... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This updates continues to try and download over and over again, but it always says " windows cannot update undoing changes" when it tries to install.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by peter allen2, May 16, 2023.

1. When my computer tries to update Windows it says " windows cannot update undoing changes"...

This updates continues to try and download over and over again, but it always says " windows cannot update undoing changes" when it tries to install. This is very annoying to me. Is there a way of blocking this update and skipping over to a new version. Now my computer is at risk of being out of date because this update will not update right. I think this is the update it is trying to install KB5026361. It's been trying to install the updates for a few months now, but it doesn't work. Can you explain this in an easy to understand way?

:)

peter allen2, May 16, 2023
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Window Update Undoing changes made to your computer issue

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, pleas reply with the details requested below:

• Do you receive any error message after Windows update?
    • May I know after which update do you see this message?
    • When you say, “this message appear about half and hour" does the computer boot to the desktop?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

If the computer doesn’t boot to the Desktop, I would suggest you to refer the suggestions provided by DaveM121 replied on April 7, 2019 in the thread

'Undoing changes made to your computer' in Windows 10

If you are able to boot the computer to the Desktop, I would suggest you to run the

Windows Update Troubleshooter
    and see if that helps.

If the issue persists, I would suggest you to reset Windows Update components. Kindly refer the article by Sumit on

How to:Reset Windows update components in Windows

You may also want to refer the steps mentioned in the article
    Troubleshoot problems updating Windows 10

Note: While performing chkdsk on the hard drive if any bad sectors are found on the hard drive when chkdsk tries to repair that sector if any data available on that might be lost. Also, the last step in the article
    talks about Clean installation, please do not perform a clean installation of Windows.

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 16, 2023
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

4. When my computer tries to update Windows it says " windows cannot update undoing changes"...

Undoing changes made to your computer

Did a windows update and now when I turn it on it keeps saying "undoing changes made to your computer". Tried reinstalling windows with the media installing tool. Did not work...ant other suggestions???

AudreyOrtiz, May 16, 2023
Thema:

When my computer tries to update Windows it says " windows cannot update undoing changes"...

1. When my computer tries to update Windows it says " windows cannot update undoing changes"... - Similar Threads - computer tries update

2. When my computer tries to update Windows it says " windows cannot update undoing changes"...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When my computer tries to update Windows it says " windows cannot update undoing changes"...: This updates continues to try and download over and over again, but it always says " windows cannot update undoing changes" when it tries to install. This is very annoying to me. Is there a way of blocking this update and skipping over to a new version. Now my computer is at...
  3. When my computer tries to update Windows it says " windows cannot update undoing changes"...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When my computer tries to update Windows it says " windows cannot update undoing changes"...: This updates continues to try and download over and over again, but it always says " windows cannot update undoing changes" when it tries to install. This is very annoying to me. Is there a way of blocking this update and skipping over to a new version. Now my computer is at...
  4. my laptop says undoing changes when i update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my laptop says undoing changes when i update: when i restart my laptop to download the updates it goes to 30% then says "undoing changes" i dont know if its common because i dont see any solution for my problem. if it has something to do with clipSVC pleas tell me because it keeps stopping...
  5. my laptop says undoing changes when i update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my laptop says undoing changes when i update: when i restart my laptop to download the updates it goes to 30% then says "undoing changes" i dont know if its common because i dont see any solution for my problem. if it has something to do with clipSVC pleas tell me because it keeps stopping...
  6. my laptop says undoing changes when i update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows will not update, always says undoing changes.

Windows will not update, always says undoing changes.: For the past year my laptop keeps getting this error where windows refuses to update and the updates keep failing. I get the message Windows couldn't complete update, Undoing changes. My windows is on an SSD and the rest of my stuff is on my hard drive. This issue started...
  8. cannot update to 1903 - windows undoing changes

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    cannot update to 1903 - windows undoing changes: rebuilt my laptop yesterday using Macrium the last build I had made was in January this year therefore need to update software and windows updates. System has updated to 1803 states there is an update for 1903 - download this system reboots - starts to install the update...
  9. Windows Cannot Update Undoing Changes

Windows Cannot Update Undoing Changes: Every time I update it is showing windows cannot update undoing changes at 99% this is my error code (0x8024a105) please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-cannot-update-undoing-changes/50db9741-008f-4667-9b76-2ad836874fa6
  10. WINDOWS CANNOT UPDATE UNDOING CHANGES

WINDOWS CANNOT UPDATE UNDOING CHANGES: Every time I update it is showing windows cannot update undoing changes at 99% this is my error code (0x8024a105) please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-cannot-update-undoing-changes/6416894d-0801-4306-b28c-3adbb0a0f3f3