Windows 10: When My Desktop is off however the Laptop and other devices connect to the Internet

Discus and support When My Desktop is off however the Laptop and other devices connect to the Internet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am having problems with my internet, When I have my Desktop on it won't let me connect or very little time connection on my Laptop and other devices.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DarthRevan969, Apr 29, 2020.

1. When My Desktop is off however the Laptop and other devices connect to the Internet

I am having problems with my internet, When I have my Desktop on it won't let me connect or very little time connection on my Laptop and other devices. When My Desktop is off however the Laptop and other devices connect to the Internet. is there a setting that needs to be changed to allow multiple devices to use the Internet at the same time?

:)

DarthRevan969, Apr 29, 2020

2. Windows 10 Internet Connectivity Issues with various programs

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Try the following steps:

I would suggest you to run Internet Connectivity troubleshooter:

Try the following steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “View All”

• Select "Internet Explorer connection"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, May 23, 2020
  3. SUB
    SuB Win User
    Is it possible to share internet connection via remote desktop?

RDP is not capable of Internet sharing, so you can't share Internet using RDP with standard applications. There are many way to share Internet from a Windows box to another one. I suggest you to use VPN. You should do following steps:

1. Run VPN Server on your server with unlimited internet access
    2. Connect to VPN server from your limited computer

4. Kem Mon Win User

When My Desktop is off however the Laptop and other devices connect to the Internet

Set Broadband Internet Connection Network Configuration

Hi,

Upon analyzing the details you have provided, kindly run the
    Network and Internet Troubleshooter
    and check if there's any changes. To run the
    troubleshooter,
    follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Choose
      Network and Internet.

• Run the following
      Troubleshooter:

• Internet Connections.

• Network Adapter.

• Incoming Connections.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you try to
    renew
    your
    IP address. To do this, follow these steps:

• Open
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Type the following command:

• Ipconfig/release
        and hit
        Enter.

• Ipconfig/renew
        and hit
        Enter.

• Exit.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, May 23, 2020
Thema:

When My Desktop is off however the Laptop and other devices connect to the Internet

1. When My Desktop is off however the Laptop and other devices connect to the Internet - Similar Threads - Desktop off however

2. my laptop wont connect to internet but other devices will

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my laptop wont connect to internet but other devices will: My laptop wont connect to the internet. I know my wifi is working fine because it connect to my other devices. I dont know what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-wont-connect-to-internet-but-other/3209f471-229b-4fc4-9913-9e2525ae0daf
  3. my laptop wont connect to internet but other devices will

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my laptop wont connect to internet but other devices will: My laptop wont connect to the internet. I know my wifi is working fine because it connect to my other devices. I dont know what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-wont-connect-to-internet-but-other/3209f471-229b-4fc4-9913-9e2525ae0daf
  4. No internet access for my other devices when using my laptop as hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No internet access for my other devices when using my laptop as hotspot: Last day, I set up my 4G modem and connected it by ethernet to my laptop. Furthermore, I used my laptop as a hotspot for my phone and my nintendo switch and it worked very well.However, the next day my phone shows the hotspot has no internet access, and my switch cannot...
  5. No internet access for my other devices when using my laptop as hotspot

No internet access for my other devices when using my laptop as hotspot: Last day, I set up my 4G modem and connected it by ethernet to my laptop. Furthermore, I used my laptop as a hotspot for my phone and my nintendo switch and it worked very well.However, the next day my phone shows the hotspot has no internet access, and my switch cannot...
  6. Internet Conection Issue when other device is connected to my hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Conection Issue when other device is connected to my hotspot: As I mentioned in subject, I am trying to share my connection to my mobile using mobile hotspot feature in Windows 11. But as soon as I connect to this wifi on my mobile, my connection in Windows goes down....
  7. Internet Conection Issue when other device is connected to my hotspot

Internet Conection Issue when other device is connected to my hotspot: As I mentioned in subject, I am trying to share my connection to my mobile using mobile hotspot feature in Windows 11. But as soon as I connect to this wifi on my mobile, my connection in Windows goes down....
  8. Laptop blocks internet access to other devices and itself when connected to a network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop blocks internet access to other devices and itself when connected to a network: Hello, so about two weeks ago I was using Netcut, a program that inspects your Wi-Fi and sees who's connected. I used it to block some people, and then something had gone totally wrong: None of the devices could connect to the Wi-Fi, not even the Laptop PC I had used to...
  9. Laptop blocks internet access to other devices when connected to a network

Laptop blocks internet access to other devices when connected to a network: Hello, so about two weeks ago I was using Netcut, a program that inspects your Wi-Fi and sees who's connected. I used it to block some people, and then something had gone totally wrong: None of the devices could connect to the Wi-Fi, not even the Laptop PC I had used to...
  10. Laptop not connecting to internet when turned off and back on

Laptop not connecting to internet when turned off and back on: It is running windows 10, and is a lenovo ideapad330. When i am connected to a wifi connection and close my laptop, turn it off, or it goes to sleep, once it is turned back on, it won't connect to the same wifi connection that it was previously connected to. I am unsure if...