Windows 10: When my laptop wakes up from sleep the graphics that are displayed look all weird. The top...

Discus and support When my laptop wakes up from sleep the graphics that are displayed look all weird. The top... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/mjsztainbok [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mjsztainbok, Jun 30, 2020.

1. When my laptop wakes up from sleep the graphics that are displayed look all weird. The top...

/u/mjsztainbok, Jun 30, 2020

2. Graphics are weird after wake from sleep.

When i wake my pc from sleep the graphics are very blurry if you look close you can see bars going up and down the screen. To fix i have to go to a lower res to a higher res. and it happens again after every sleep.

Thanks

aedancroft, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Waking PC up from sleep mode causes a reboot

Problem:

I have a small group of Dell Latitude E7470 (Bios Version 1.11.3) laptops that have and sleep mode issue.

When a user closes the top cover of the laptop and puts the machine to sleep all appears normal and the power light begins to pulse. Then, when the user opens the top cover to begin using the laptop
    once again the laptop fails to wake up from sleep mode and restarts causing the user to log into the laptop each time. The laptop behaves this way regardless of the way it entered sleep mode, e.g. via the power button or from the start menu.

• The laptop power settings are defined by group policy.
    • All of the affected laptops are running Windows 10 1809 Enterprise.
    • The issue does not appear to be a user problem as the issue occurs whether or not a user signs into the laptop.
    • The bios was updated prior to imaging the laptop in the spring of 2017. v1.11.3

Troubleshooting:

The following steps have had limited success.

• Bluetooth on/off. Sometimes if we leave the Bluetooth off the issue goes away, but not always.
    • Changing what closing top cover does, e.g. change the setting of the top cover to do nothing when closed and then return the setting back to sleep when the top cover closes.
    • Swapping SSD from one computer to another identical make/model computer and then back. In this step, we move the affected SSD to another laptop and boot the computer. then log in and test sleep mode.
      at this point, the issue is not present. Then, we place the SSD back into it's the original laptop, so far, this has been successful, however, we are still not confident this is a long term fix and we would like to understand why this step would have the
      effect that it does.

Paul M_1600, Jun 30, 2020
  4. When my laptop wakes up from sleep the graphics that are displayed look all weird. The top...

computer wake-up after sleep

Did all the steps exactly as shown above and "Allow this device to wake the computer" was already selected.

I think you might have miss-understood the problem. It appears that the computer is waking up, but it doesn't re-connect to my display. I have to turn off the display and turn it back on to get my display to to re-connect. This was not a problem prior to
    the last Win 10 upgrade.

Bill McCormick_5407, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

When my laptop wakes up from sleep the graphics that are displayed look all weird. The top...

1. When my laptop wakes up from sleep the graphics that are displayed look all weird. The top... - Similar Threads - laptop wakes sleep

2. BSOD when waking up laptop from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when waking up laptop from sleep: I am currently using a DELL laptop. When I try to wake up my laptop, it takes up around 10 seconds to display the lock screen. However, sometimes the laptop would just crash, leaving a blue screen with this stop code behind: WIN32K_POWER_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT. Here is a link to my...
  3. BSOD when waking up laptop from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when waking up laptop from sleep: I am currently using a DELL laptop. When I try to wake up my laptop, it takes up around 10 seconds to display the lock screen. However, sometimes the laptop would just crash, leaving a blue screen with this stop code behind: WIN32K_POWER_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT. Here is a link to my...
  4. Laptop Getting DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION When Waking Up From Sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Getting DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION When Waking Up From Sleep: My laptop sometimes gets DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when waking up from sleep. The BSOD most happened when I didn't plug the power of the laptop. I tried update to the latest Windows 10 and used SFC to scan the files. Here's the minidump and system info of the laptop....
  5. Display wakes up when computer sleeps

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Display wakes up when computer sleeps: Hi When I put my Windows 10 desktop to sleep the display keeps waking up every 50 seconds or so even though the PC remain in sleep. After the display have been awake for about 10 seconds it turns off again. Any ideas? Kind regards Mikkel Mortensen...
  6. My laptop refuses to wake up from sleep?

My laptop refuses to wake up from sleep?: I am currently using a razer blade 15 advanced edition laptop which I purchased in november 2020. The machine is running windows 10 home edition. Around a week or so ago, I started having problems with the device not turning on after it went into sleep mode. I would try to...
  7. BSOD when laptop wakes up from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when laptop wakes up from sleep: I've bought a new laptop (Lenovo S540 (AMD)) recently, but encountered a BSOD of the following bug code [ATTACH] And this is the windows version [ATTACH] And dump file LAPTOP-JAMAEQ11-(2020-11-20_18-51-56).zip - Google Drive Any help would be greatly appreciated,...
  8. All my 3 Win10 laptops wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All my 3 Win10 laptops wake up from sleep mode: Hello, I like Windows 10, but there is an aspect which has not been implemented properly -- sleep mode. This had been flawless in MacBooks, but with Win laptops, it's always the same: wakes up in the middle of the night, wakes up in my backpack ( draining my battery entirely...
  9. Laptop waking up from sleep

Laptop waking up from sleep: I'm using windows 10 pro on a gigabyte aero-15-x9. I checked whether there are any active wake timers in cmd using powercfg -waketimers and it says there are no active wake timers, and I also disabled wake timers in the power config. However, my laptop still turns on while...
  10. Laptop Display is not turned ON when Waking from Sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop Display is not turned ON when Waking from Sleep: One more bug in my project to run Win10 on an older HP/CPQ CQ60 model. All working ok now except for a consistent, replicable problem with Display being turned-on when awakening from Sleep mode. The display is just shown in Device Mgr as a PNP Monitor device, which is pretty...