Windows 10: When my screen time run out, my parents pressed on 'my parent is here' but it says 'an...

Discus and support When my screen time run out, my parents pressed on 'my parent is here' but it says 'an... in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; This happened since my dad tried to connect a remote desktop to Macbook Air. From that time on, this happened persistently.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by EricZheng2, Mar 13, 2020.

1. When my screen time run out, my parents pressed on 'my parent is here' but it says 'an...

This happened since my dad tried to connect a remote desktop to Macbook Air. From that time on, this happened persistently.

:)

EricZheng2, Mar 13, 2020

2. Parental controls - screen time - date wrong?

Hi,

The corrupted files might contribute in this issue.

I suggest you to delete the corrupted files and check if it will work.

to fix this issue, please follow these steps:

1) Make sure your children are signed out of any monitored accounts.

2) Sign in with an administrator account and find the folder that contains the corrupted files.

There are two ways to do this. The easiest way is to enter the complete file path:

On the Start screen, type C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls and press Enter.

If you’d rather open each folder individually, follow these steps:

a. Go to This PC

b. Open C:, open the

ProgramData folder, open the Microsoft folder, open the

Windows folder, and open the Parental Controls folder.

3) Delete all contents of the Parental Controls folder.

This will delete any corrupt files. Your settings will be downloaded again from familysafety.microsoft.com the next time you sign in.

Please let us know if this helps.

Thanks and regards,

RichardGuerzon, Mar 13, 2020
  3. Parental Control - Adding more time doesn't work

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will assist you with this.

I suggest you to delete the corrupted files yourself and see if it helps to resolve the issue, please follow these steps:

2) Sign in with an administrator account and find the folder that contains the corrupted files.

There are two ways to do this. The easiest way is to enter the complete file path:

• On the Start screen, type C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls and press Enter.

• If you’d rather open each folder individually, follow these steps:

a. Go to This PC

This will delete any corrupt files. Your settings will be downloaded again from familysafety.microsoft.com the next time you sign in.

Hope it helps. Reply with the result and I'll be happy to help you further. Thank you

Deepak_Krishnan R, Mar 13, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

When my screen time run out, my parents pressed on 'my parent is here' but it says 'an...

Parental Controls aren't working

Hi,

The issue could be because of corrupted files. I suggest you to delete the corrupted files yourself and see if it helps

to resolve the issue, please follow these steps:

• On the Start screen, type C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls and press Enter.

• If you’d rather open each folder individually, follow these steps:
    a. Go to This PC

Hope it helps. Reply with the result and I'll be happy to help you further. Thank you

Arul_D, Mar 13, 2020
Thema:

When my screen time run out, my parents pressed on 'my parent is here' but it says 'an...

1. When my screen time run out, my parents pressed on 'my parent is here' but it says 'an... - Similar Threads - screen run parents

2. ilogin says it needs parent

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    ilogin says it needs parent: my wife tries to login to her account *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. She keeps getting a guardian login needed. She is 75 years old. When i login as a guardian, systems takes my login then clears screen and show a trace id, then looks up system requiring a s...
  3. ilogin says it needs parent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ilogin says it needs parent: my wife tries to login to her account *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. She keeps getting a guardian login needed. She is 75 years old. When i login as a guardian, systems takes my login then clears screen and show a trace id, then looks up system requiring a s...
  4. ilogin says it needs parent

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My parents want to lock my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My parents want to lock my computer: HiMy parents want to lock my computer but they’re not sure how to do it. Parental controls aren’t strict enough so they have to lock my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-parents-want-to-lock-my-computer/6befba9c-9756-4d35-9441-2a660eb70a54
  6. My parents want to lock my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My parents want to lock my computer: HiMy parents want to lock my computer but they’re not sure how to do it. Parental controls aren’t strict enough so they have to lock my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-parents-want-to-lock-my-computer/6befba9c-9756-4d35-9441-2a660eb70a54
  7. Change my account back as a parent

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change my account back as a parent: Hi,I've been using Hotmail for 20+ years, but suddenly my account became a child account when I was trying to help my daughter with login in Roblox. Now it keeps asking me to have a parent's consent when logging in, and it says my account will be closed in a few weeks if I...
  8. Screen time limit working when parental controls are not enabled.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Screen time limit working when parental controls are not enabled.: Greetings I have a Dell laptop with Windows 10 installed. I recently changed the hard drive to an SSD, but ever since then, Windows is locking me out at random times due to the 'parental screen time control'. My account is not part of any family group and there are no screen...
  9. “My parent is here” Error code 80270251

“My parent is here” Error code 80270251: My child signs into her account and because it is outside of viewing times receives the options “my parent is here”, “send a request”, and “switch users or turn off pc”. The options work except when she clicks on “my parent is here” it gives the message, “An error has...
  10. "My parent is here" is no longer working in Microsoft Family

"My parent is here" is no longer working in Microsoft Family: Windows 10, Surface Pro 3 had parental controls enabled, with requests sent for more screen time. I responded to the request and allowed more time, but the Surface did not allow more time. We tried the "My Parent is Here" option, and the screen would turn gray, with the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. błąd 80270251