Windows 10: when my sound is mute,the yellow light doesn't glow

Discus and support when my sound is mute,the yellow light doesn't glow in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; when my sound is mute ,the orange light doesn't glow... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ShobhaKumari1, Mar 29, 2020.

1. when my sound is mute,the yellow light doesn't glow

when my sound is mute ,the orange light doesn't glow

:)

ShobhaKumari1, Mar 29, 2020

2. Volume Mute Light won´t change color

Before I follow your suggestions, a quick update: as the updating didn´t seem to work I stopped trying and just left it alone for awhile. About a half hour later I looked over and saw that the mute light was now blue. I tried the button but it and the volume buttons did not work at all. On the screen I was told that I needed to reboot, which I did and now the system has returned back to the way it was before: everything works except that the mute light does not change to blue as it should when the speakers are not muted. WTF?

mrsnakeman, Mar 29, 2020
  3. Volume Mute Light won´t change color

I have an HP ProBook 6440b with a Win 10 Pro os. My problem is the volume mute light (#5 in the service manual, page 2-6). The switch works o.k. and shows when the mute function is on or off on the desktop but the light stays orange (muted position) regardless of the function being on or off. I know that the blue color is there as I see it flicker so slightly during upbooting but I can´t find out how to have the blue color show when the speakers are not muted. The wireless button (#4; page 2-6) changes color and the function works properly when pushed (tried it as a function comparison test) so I think this may be a slight software glitch in the sound system code but how to find and fix is way beyond my knowledge and skills. If anyone knows how to fix this problem, please do tell but baby steps please as my computer skills are truly limited (old dog, new trick syndrome rules here).

mrsnakeman, Mar 29, 2020
  4. when my sound is mute,the yellow light doesn't glow

Volume Mute Light won´t change color

Ran the tests and all came up o.k.. Looked for but couldn´t find any function test for the lights above the keyboard. During the whole test sequence the mute light was green-blue, like the volume up and down lights but when I then rebooted the light went orange again and stayed so even though pressing it allowed the mute function to turn on and off, so now what?

mrsnakeman, Mar 29, 2020
Thema:

when my sound is mute,the yellow light doesn't glow

1. when my sound is mute,the yellow light doesn't glow - Similar Threads - sound mute yellow

2. Muffled or muted sound when in call

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Muffled or muted sound when in call: Whenever I start a call, be it in Skype, Zoom, Discord or Teams, the sound coming from other apps distorts and sometimes it outright mutes. Its been an issue primarily when gaming, but it occurs even with apps like Spotify. When playing, for example, Genshin Impact, the...
  3. Muffled or muted sound when in call

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Muffled or muted sound when in call: Whenever I start a call, be it in Skype, Zoom, Discord or Teams, the sound coming from other apps distorts and sometimes it outright mutes. Its been an issue primarily when gaming, but it occurs even with apps like Spotify. When playing, for example, Genshin Impact, the...
  4. mute button is not glowing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    mute button is not glowing: my led light on mute button is not glowing can i know how can i set that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mute-button-is-not-glowing/b7b8c28c-8493-4889-9b2f-6675469325cd
  5. Sound Muted When Resuming Video

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Muted When Resuming Video: I'm not sure if this is a Chrome issue an Audio Sub-System or a Driver issue. Background; UNtil a couple of days ago I had an Nvidia GTX 960 that I connected to my HDTV with an HDMI cable. I ran the video and audio through the GTX 960, into the TV and out to my speaker...
  6. Mute button is not lighting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mute button is not lighting: I am having a HP pc. I have updated it to the latest version. After that update, my mute button is working but the led is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mute-button-is-not-lighting/5e572a90-8a9d-4cd3-82a5-d114b587f63d
  7. Irritating yellow glow when i press the windows button to view the start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Irritating yellow glow when i press the windows button to view the start menu: I am gettting a really weird glow when i get the start menu up (The windows button) as shown in the image below.. It doesn't appear straight away until i hover over any icon.. Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and if there is a known fix for it.. Any help would...
  8. AUDIO AND NO SOUND LOGO GLOW

AUDIO AND NO SOUND LOGO GLOW: After Windows10 October update my device audio is no longer working and my mute sound log is also not glowing. Please help I have a lot of work to do relating audio....
  9. mute button light

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    mute button light: HI; with MS latest updates, about 2 days ago, my light for my mute button does not go on. It simply, 'went out'. Any idea how I get it back on. THANKS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/mute-button-light/0226e152-45e2-404a-b986-480c49769418
  10. Sound mutes when changing desktops

Sound mutes when changing desktops: Hi all, All of a sudden my system mutes any playing audio when I switch desktops (using Task View). It's Window 10 1709 (a Mac book pro 2015). This has worked fine up until a couple of days ago and I've changed nothing. Any new updates that may have screwed this up or any...