Windows 10: When non-admin user logs out, the login screen is shifted off monitor

Discus and support When non-admin user logs out, the login screen is shifted off monitor in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just set up a Windows 10 computer for my parents. I made an administrator account for me, and non-admin accounts for my mom and dad. I noticed that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by delerious, Aug 13, 2019.

1. delerious Win User

When non-admin user logs out, the login screen is shifted off monitor

I just set up a Windows 10 computer for my parents. I made an administrator account for me, and non-admin accounts for my mom and dad.

I noticed that whenever my mom or dad uses the computer and then logs out, the subsequent login screen will be shifted partly off the monitor:

When non-admin user logs out, the login screen is shifted off monitor [​IMG]

This also happens if my mom or dad shuts down the computer - then on the next bootup, the login screen will look like the above. Also, if they are logged in and try to switch users, then the login screen will look like the above.

The only way to fix this is by restarting Windows, then the next login screen will be displayed correctly. But then the problem will just happen again after my mom or dad logs out.

The interesting thing is that this problem does not happen for me at all, and I am an administrator.

:)

delerious, Aug 13, 2019
  2. Bree Win User

Non Admin acct questions

I think you may just be looking in the wrong place. When you sign out the sign in screen and password box will be for the account that has just signed out. It's the same for a restart, the sign in screen will be for the last user that had signed in.

Sign out, then look for a list of names in the lower left corner of the sign in screen. All available accounts should be listed there, click on the one you want to change the sign in screen to be for that user. See the screenshot at step 2 in this tutorial.

Sign in to Windows 10

Correct, the user folder is not created until the first sign in.

3. mora67 Win User
    Black screen after login - other user gets logged in background

So I got these two issues, don't know if these are related. At least second must be a bug or other conflict between accounts etc.

1. Black screen appears after admin login, lasts about 6 minutes before desktop appears. And note: black screen appears only for the admin login, other basic user account logins shows desktop in less than 10 seconds from login.
    2. When switching of or rebooting from any account logged in, windows complains that there is another user logged in. Whatever has happened, there hasn't be a physical typing login of any other user. I started to see and realize this because my other family accounts has tried to switch of this PC but didn't notice that note of other user logged in and left the PC in that state without clicking don't mind; I see this when I log in next day with admin login details and switching off this other user note appears. And this happens also verse vice, just like admin gets logged in in background without me getting really logged in.

I got from Microsoft Finland community support advise that I should create a new admin account and then destroy current admin. But that would be a big mess because I have the whole MS family based on control from my current admin account. Also too many other services are depending of the control from this current admin account as Office 365 home accounts and security software.

mora67, Aug 13, 2019
  4. zealfire Win User

Application logs for non-admin user win10

Hi all,
    I am using windows 10 machine and wanted to view application logs for non-admin user.
    But currently, when looking into event viewer as an admin user, I don't see any logs getting generated for non-admin user.
    Is there a way to do this (setting some registry or global policy)?

Thanks.

zealfire, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

1. When non-admin user logs out, the login screen is shifted off monitor - Similar Threads - non admin user

2. How to collect logs from AD with non-admin user?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to collect logs from AD with non-admin user?: Dear colleagues,I need to collect descriptive logs from Active Directory, but using a user with minimal privileges. Currently, technologies allow me to use WMI log collection but the problem is that as far as I have read, to collect security logs from Windows Server 2012 R2...
  3. How to collect logs from AD with non-admin user?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to collect logs from AD with non-admin user?: Dear colleagues,I need to collect descriptive logs from Active Directory, but using a user with minimal privileges. Currently, technologies allow me to use WMI log collection but the problem is that as far as I have read, to collect security logs from Windows Server 2012 R2...
  4. Run as Admin for Non Admin user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Run as Admin for Non Admin user: We have an app called 2020 on local machines and there are catalogs that need to be updated monthly. The catalogs are in the Azure cloud server. I was hoping to use this option runas /user:ComputerName\Username /savecred "C:\path\to\app.exe but the app is app to do the...
  5. Run as Admin for Non Admin user

Run as Admin for Non Admin user: We have an app called 2020 on local machines and there are catalogs that need to be updated monthly. The catalogs are in the Azure cloud server. I was hoping to use this option runas /user:ComputerName\Username /savecred "C:\path\to\app.exe but the app is app to do the...
  6. Black screen at startup for non admin users

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen at startup for non admin users: I installed a new DVD drive on my Windows 10 pc. Now when I boot as a non admin user I get a black screen with cursor. If I boot as administrator it works fine? What’s the deal? Running latest windows 10 update....
  7. Blue screen can't login to admin user

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blue screen can't login to admin user: Hi I installed software that seems to be broken. Now my PC will only boot to blue screen. So I assumed I would need to do a start up repair or recovery. But when I select any option it asks me to sign in to my account. But it doesn't accept my password. Clicking on the...
  8. Application logs for non-admin user win10

Application logs for non-admin user win10: Hi all, I am using windows 10 machine and wanted to view application logs for non-admin user. But currently, when looking into event viewer I don't see any logs getting generated for non-admin user. Is there a way to do this (setting some registry or global policy)? Thanks....
  9. Screen flickering/flashing on/off when second user logs in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen flickering/flashing on/off when second user logs in: Since a few weeks, if I log in to my PC after my kids have played on the PC, the screen starts flashing on/off after logging in to my account. It seems that this is only the case when they are still logged in (in the background). The logon screen is normal, it starts flashing...
  10. Winrar activated as admin but when you log out to user it is no longer

Winrar activated as admin but when you log out to user it is no longer: Winrar activated as admin but when you log out to user it is no longer activated in windows 10 this Windows 10 is a real pain in the ass. Can anyone help it is really annoying please, I have tried everything in the book, as admin my key shows as associated with winrar as it...