Windows 10: When not moving the mouse, the cursor move into a box in the middle of display monitors

Discus and support When not moving the mouse, the cursor move into a box in the middle of display monitors in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there, One of my user has an issue following an upgrade to Win 10 1803. As this is per company policy, I can't downgrade the software version.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AntoineJesson, Feb 5, 2019.

1. When not moving the mouse, the cursor move into a box in the middle of display monitors

Hi there,

One of my user has an issue following an upgrade to Win 10 1803.

As this is per company policy, I can't downgrade the software version.

The user has a Surface Pro 4, with a Surface docking station, linked to 2 display monitors.

After the upgrade to Win10 1803 17134, the user could see on his 2 monitors bubbles and square.

When not moving the mouse, the cursor move into a box in the middle of display monitors 49a6f8ca-a5eb-455d-b107-9952abe66ba3?upload=true.png

The square is in the middle and at the bottom of the 2 monitors.

When not moving the mouse, the cursor move into a box in the middle of display monitors 77553017-51c0-4b90-a68d-6067827837bd?upload=true.png

You can see 2 circles also located at the middle bottom of the 2 monitors.

What is also happening is: When he is watching his screen without moving the mouse, the cursor jumps into a small box like shown on the first picture.

Any idea what could be the problem?

:)

AntoineJesson, Feb 5, 2019

2. Mouse cursor becomes tiny when clicking middle mouse button

Setup:

• High PPI monitor (4K resolution, 15 inches), scaling set to 250%
    • Windows 10
    • Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 3.0 mouse
    • "Windows Black (large)" cursor scheme
    Whenever I click the middle mouse button on my Intellimouse the mouse cursor suddenly becomes tiny. This problem can be temporarily resolved by opening Mouse Properties and changing the Cursor Scheme.

Is there a permanent solution to my problem?

This is mouse cursor at normal size:

When not moving the mouse, the cursor move into a box in the middle of display monitors 188b9e5c-0dcc-476b-85e3-92a3fac867dc.png

And this is the same cursor after I click the middle mouse button:

When not moving the mouse, the cursor move into a box in the middle of display monitors fd5fdb0e-f025-4fbf-84c4-92c903dda999.png

(The screenshots will naturally be very large as they're taken on a high PPI monitor.)

Arnt Joakim Wrålsen, Feb 5, 2019
  3. THX1138 Win User
    Restricting mouse cursor to selected displays

I have four monitors but I don't use them all, all the time. It's annoying to lose the mouse cursor to a monitor which is turned off so I'd like to be able to restrict the mouse to the monitors which are in use. There are plenty of solutions to restrict the mouse cursor to any particular single monitor but I want it to be able to move the cursor across multiple monitors and use hotkeys to toggle which displays are included.

THX1138, Feb 5, 2019
  4. LarryS2 Win User

When not moving the mouse, the cursor move into a box in the middle of display monitors

Problem moving the cursor between monitors after replacing one of two monitors.

After replacing one of two monitors, the cursor wouldn't move correctly between monitors. One of the other threads on this topic was helpful, but it took me awhile to fully understand the suggested solution. Below is what I did to fix my problem. If you
    have the same issue, I hope this helps.

The problem turned out to be my computer display settings showed the new monitor was to the right of the existing one when it was actually on the left. (The new one has an LED display, so I wanted it to be the primary.)

I could move between monitors by moving to the left on the new monitor screen and to the right on the existing one. Here's what I did below:

Right click on either monitor screen.

In the popup window, select "Display Settings"

In Display Settings scroll down to "Multiple displays" and select "Extend these displays"

At the top of the "Display" window, grab one of the displays with the cursor and move it to change the left to right order, then click "Apply"

Now the monitors are in the same order in the "Display Settings" as they are in front of you. That should allow the cursor to move between the monitors.

I only use two monitors, but I'm sure this same concept works with more than two.

LarryS2, Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

When not moving the mouse, the cursor move into a box in the middle of display monitors

1. When not moving the mouse, the cursor move into a box in the middle of display monitors - Similar Threads - moving mouse cursor

2. Cursor doesn't move when mouse is moved slowly, but moves when moved quickly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor doesn't move when mouse is moved slowly, but moves when moved quickly: My mouse doesn't work when I move it slowly when I intend to move my cursor slightly, but it only moves when I move the mouse faster. I have this problem in 2/4 of the mouses I use, both of which are new, and I think it might be a Windows problem....
  3. Cursor doesn't move when mouse is moved slowly, but moves when moved quickly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor doesn't move when mouse is moved slowly, but moves when moved quickly: My mouse doesn't work when I move it slowly when I intend to move my cursor slightly, but it only moves when I move the mouse faster. I have this problem in 2/4 of the mouses I use, both of which are new, and I think it might be a Windows problem....
  4. Cursor doesn't move when mouse is moved slowly, but moves when moved quickly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Monitor sleeps when mouse cursor is moved

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor sleeps when mouse cursor is moved: When I move the mouse cursor the monitor will be disconnected Going to Sleep and with a USB eject sound https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-sleeps-when-mouse-cursor-is-moved/c5d964f1-278f-468b-a1e5-ae72558d82eb
  6. Monitor sleeps when mouse cursor is moved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor sleeps when mouse cursor is moved: When I move the mouse cursor the monitor will be disconnected Going to Sleep and with a USB eject sound https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-sleeps-when-mouse-cursor-is-moved/c5d964f1-278f-468b-a1e5-ae72558d82eb
  7. Monitor sleeps when mouse cursor is moved

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Mouse beeping when i move the cursor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse beeping when i move the cursor: A few days ago, I got a new laptop and a mouse. It is a Huawei Mouse Swift CD20 and it started beeping today. When I don't move the mouse, nothing happens but as soon as I move the cursor, the mouse starts beeping. Can anyone help? submitted by /u/JayCube26 [link]...
  9. Typing and Text Blinking Cursor are Bound to mouse Cursor and moves and will not move when...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Typing and Text Blinking Cursor are Bound to mouse Cursor and moves and will not move when...: Hello Everyone, So this stemmed from another thread but It's it own question. Their's was involving touch screen problems I don't own a touch screen at all, not using any touch screen drivers or monitor to my knowledge. I'm a bit paranoid and I know I can uninstall drivers...
  10. Mouse cursor moves on it's own??.?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Mouse cursor moves on it's own??.?: So me and my little sister have been freaking out over our new system acting weird. Today she left her laptop open to get back in home later and find out the cursor moving as if someone had remote access and took over the cursor and opened many programs I don't know how a...