Windows 10: When opening a new tab "popular now" appears

Discus and support When opening a new tab "popular now" appears in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; When opening a new tab, below my top sites, I now have a new item "popular now" appears. How do I get rid of that. I do not know where this came from... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Heshie75v, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Heshie75v Win User

When opening a new tab "popular now" appears

When opening a new tab, below my top sites, I now have a new item "popular now" appears. How do I get rid of that. I do not know where this came from
    Thanks

:)

Heshie75v, Jan 26, 2016
  2. vilu85 Win User

" Waiting for approval " until when !????

It means that it's waiting for approval from your operator and it has nothing to do with Nokia.

You could call your operator and ask about this approval, someone in technical service may know that how long it takes to approve the newest firmware. (For some reason, every operator has to approve the firmware updates and only after that their clients
    can do the update)

vilu85, Jan 26, 2016
  3. ATGT Win User
    " Waiting for approval " until when !????

Hi

i have a nokia N8 with the following product code 059D1M2 im always checking for the update realase , now its been a month evryday i check the updates availability i find " Waiting for approval" is nokia joking on us or what !!?

4. lx07 Win User

What browser are you using (Edge, Chrome Internet Explorer?) and what is your home page?

5. Heshie75v Win User
    Using Edge, and my home page is Yahoo

Heshie75v, Jan 26, 2016
  6. lx07 Win User
  7. Heshie75v Win User
    No, when you click the + sign on the Microsoft edge browser. Just below what Microsoft says is your top sites, there is now "popular now"

Heshie75v, Jan 26, 2016
  8. lx07 Win User

Don't know then, sorry. Perhaps it is a geographical thing but I don't have it.

You could post a picture - someone else might recognize it.

lx07, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. When opening a new tab "popular now" appears - Similar Threads - opening tab popular

2. browser opening new tab when trying to open links

in Browsers and Email
    browser opening new tab when trying to open links: Hi, Not sure if this is the right thread, but here goes. My issue is this: whenever I click on a web site shortcut, whether in my task bar or on my desktop, my browser opens a new tab with my browser home page, rather than going directly to the web site I'm after. This...
  3. Will Edge open a new tab or something when it updates?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Will Edge open a new tab or something when it updates?: When I opened Edge in incognito mode just now, it loaded a new tab with the Microsoft Edge at Microsoft website. But I can't find the link now and I didn't let the website load fully. I just noticed that Edge updated earlier. So, I'm wondering if that's the case. submitted...
  4. Photos appear properly as thumbnails but now when opened.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos appear properly as thumbnails but now when opened.: This problem applies to only one folder which is named Upholstery. This is a screenshot of the contents of that folder: [ATTACH] When I open any one of the pictures I just get this seemingly compressed vertical line. If I choose to unlock it, I can enlarge it but it is...
  5. new tab open in new edge

in Browsers and Email
    new tab open in new edge: sometimes when i login after sleep a new tab opens in new edge by itself it is different everytime 158737
  6. Bug with Popular Websites icons on New Tabs page?

in Browsers and Email
    Bug with Popular Websites icons on New Tabs page?: Hello, I have set Edge to open a new Tabs page showing my popular websites as icons that I can click on. Usually the icons should look like this: [img] However, for some reason lately, Edge is showing the icons as follows: [img] Notice that YouTube doesn't have any...
  7. When I click on a live tab in an open webpage, I want the new page to open in a new tab

in Windows 10 Customization
    When I click on a live tab in an open webpage, I want the new page to open in a new tab: I want to know how to open web page in a new tab https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-click-on-a-live-tab-in-an-open-webpage-i/c8344e8a-4608-426d-a63d-500e5fd7f10d
  8. switch to new tab when opened in edge

in Browsers and Email
    switch to new tab when opened in edge: How do you make Edge display the contents of a new tab that you have downloaded by right clicking link? The tab is there after the right click but do I have to click on the tab, or can I set it to open automatically, if so How? 34640
  9. Open in New Tab

in Browsers and Email
    Open in New Tab: I have been using Chrome for a long time but I thought I would give Edge a try. In Chrome I am used to right-click a site and select "Open in New Tab". Is this possible in Edge? If yes, how? A right-click on a favorite does not offer me a menu in Edge as in Chrome. Thanks in...
  10. Search/Popular Now

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Search/Popular Now: HI all, Is there a way to permanently hide "Popular News" that shows up when you click search on the task bar? It seems it comes back after reboot (maybe other times too). Thanks! 16655