Windows 10: when opening Word shows other encoding ($nereader6.sprint.dot)

Discus and support when opening Word shows other encoding ($nereader6.sprint.dot) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; what to do if when opening Word shows other encoding ($nereader6.sprint.dot)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by rodtheknee, Feb 11, 2019.

1. when opening Word shows other encoding ($nereader6.sprint.dot)

what to do if when opening Word shows other encoding ($nereader6.sprint.dot)

:)

rodtheknee, Feb 11, 2019

2. microsoft word 2003

I have a lot of ms word files on my pc. But one of them showed me an error - Getting unknown error messages while opening (.doc) or (.docx) files. I don't know how to open my word file or repair microsoft word. Any suggestions, guys, please.

abandone15, Feb 11, 2019
  3. Nath Bea Win User
    Wrong "remove from list" document on word mobile.

Hi,

To further assist you with your concern about re-enabling files that were removed from the Recent Documents List in Word, we suggest to follow this steps:

• Click the FILE tab in the program.
    • Click Options from the list on the left side of the screen.
    • On the Word Options dialog box, click Advanced in the list of options on the left.
    • On the Advanced screen, scroll down to the Display section. Select the value in the Show this number of Recent Documents edit box. You can choose to change the value to 0 to disable the list.
    • When you open Word, or select the Open option in the program, there are no documents in your Recent Documents list.
    • To re-enable the list, go back into the Word Options dialog box and enter the desired value (from 0 to 50, inclusive) in the Show this number of Recent Documents edit box on the Advanced screen. If any documents were previously displayed in the Recent Documents
      list, they are added to the list again.

We're just here if you have further questions.

Regards.

Nath Bea, Feb 11, 2019
  4. asus2016 Win User

when opening Word shows other encoding ($nereader6.sprint.dot)

Word opening files as Document1, Document2

This was the ticket. The .docx extension was associated with a word document template file type.

I used Nirsoft's File Types Manager software to correct this and now everything works fine.

That is, I open the document itself (not two copies or one copy), for reading or editing, if I:

• Double-click on the file which I usually do
    • Right-click on the file and pick "open with > Word"
    • Right-click on the file and pick "open"

Prior to your help and my fixing it, only the third option above worked.

Big thanks.

asus2016, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

when opening Word shows other encoding ($nereader6.sprint.dot)

1. when opening Word shows other encoding ($nereader6.sprint.dot) - Similar Threads - opening Word shows

2. Desktop not showing when alt+tab but other opened program show

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop not showing when alt+tab but other opened program show: I am facing an issue when i am using other programs and want to shift to desktop and press alt+tab in the thumbnail all other programs show but WDAdesktop shows the grey thumbnail and when switching to it the desktop is unable to show up....
  3. Desktop not showing when alt+tab but other opened program show

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop not showing when alt+tab but other opened program show: I am facing an issue when i am using other programs and want to shift to desktop and press alt+tab in the thumbnail all other programs show but WDAdesktop shows the grey thumbnail and when switching to it the desktop is unable to show up....
  4. Encoding is changing when I open downloaded text file.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Encoding is changing when I open downloaded text file.: When I open text file I download it changes encoding ASCII but Encoding is good only when I open it with browser. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/encoding-is-changing-when-i-open-downloaded-text/a5054bed-6f41-4561-9ecc-52bea667d208
  5. Encoding is changing when I open downloaded text file.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Encoding is changing when I open downloaded text file.: When I open text file I download it changes encoding ASCII but Encoding is good only when I open it with browser. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/encoding-is-changing-when-i-open-downloaded-text/a5054bed-6f41-4561-9ecc-52bea667d208
  6. Encoding is changing when I open downloaded text file.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Minecraft sprint mistake?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft sprint mistake?: Hey, I bought Minecraft Windows 10 Edition earlier and started it. When I'm running normally, it suddenly starts sprinting and bending over even though I only press W. I hope someone can help me, thank you :) Minecraft Sprintfehler?
  8. Windows can not open word and other apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows can not open word and other apps: Hi, After I updated my system with the latest Windows update KB 4559309 I am having problem opening Ms Office and other applications. The shortcut points to the right exe file, the file exists but I get the message "Windows can not find C:\....\winword.exe" Make sure you...
  9. Cannot open windows word and other programs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot open windows word and other programs: Hi! When I click a word or excel file, the Word Office appears then disappears. The files won't open. What do i do? I have updated the programs but I still cannot open the files. I am sure my license has not expired. What do I do? Thanks....
  10. when I open word no longer shows menu...opens into one category

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    when I open word no longer shows menu...opens into one category: I went to attach a word document to an email..clicked..when word opened it did not show the usual menu o selct from...it opened into a full screen of my documents in an unfamiliar format that I couldn't get out of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. $nereader6.sprint.dot

2. $nereader6.sprint

3. opening word file shows encoding