Windows 10: When PC goes to sleep, I have to replug Ted Gem webcam in every time on wake up.

Discus and support When PC goes to sleep, I have to replug Ted Gem webcam in every time on wake up. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Web cam is plugged in and workingPut PC to sleepWake PC upWebcam doesn't work, I have to replug it in after each use.Webcam is a Ted Gem 1080p camera,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DarkJester89, Jun 18, 2022.

1. When PC goes to sleep, I have to replug Ted Gem webcam in every time on wake up.

Web cam is plugged in and workingPut PC to sleepWake PC upWebcam doesn't work, I have to replug it in after each use.Webcam is a Ted Gem 1080p camera, plugged in to a front USB on an Optiplex 9020. Windows 10 has all updates. Device manager says "USB Camera" has all updates. Cannot find manufacturer contact for Ted Gem.Thank you for your assistance.

:)

DarkJester89, Jun 18, 2022

2. Computer Wakes Up From Sleep And Goes Back To Sleep?

Hmm, lazy computer! *Roll Eyes When PC goes to sleep, I have to replug Ted Gem webcam in every time on wake up. :rolleyes:

Sorry for that stupid line, I couldn't resist. *Frown When PC goes to sleep, I have to replug Ted Gem webcam in every time on wake up. :(

Maybe you have something configured to sleep when idle. Check that on your power settings.

Blue-Knight, Jun 18, 2022
  3. Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Jun 18, 2022
  4. When PC goes to sleep, I have to replug Ted Gem webcam in every time on wake up.

Troubleshooting PCs spontaneously waking from sleep

I've also battled with sleep/wake issues over the years, and from experience have learned that trying to find, or rationalise, the root cause is a waste of time. All you need is `powercfg`.

`powercfg -devicequery wake_armed` from an Administrator PowerShell window/Command Prompt will give you a list of all devices that can possibly wake the PC. This command is interesting because very often, it will show devices that you'd never expect being able to wake your computer. I think in one instance I had the chipset device listed!

`powercfg -devicedisablewake "device_name_from_device_query"`will prevent said device from ever waking the computer. This command is 100% the only thing I have found that will resolve sleep/wake problems. Updating drivers, unplugging peripherals, switching to a cleaner power supply (UPS), changing ethernet cables... none of those have helped, yet`powercfg -devicedisablewake` has done the trick.

Note that occasionally, devices you have disabled wake for may start waking up the PC again - this happens if you plug a USB device into a different port, or occasionally when drivers are updated, because Windows sees it as a new device. In that case rerun `powercfg` to find and disable that device again.

If this does not resolve your wake issues, I would start looking at power fluctuations.

Assimilator, Jun 18, 2022
Thema:

When PC goes to sleep, I have to replug Ted Gem webcam in every time on wake up.

1. When PC goes to sleep, I have to replug Ted Gem webcam in every time on wake up. - Similar Threads - goes sleep replug

2. PC goes to sleep and refuses to wake up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC goes to sleep and refuses to wake up: As per the title, my pc will go to sleep and then not wake up on key press nor with the mouse. To get it to come back on, I have to press the power button which restarts the PC. There is nothing shown in Event Viewer for why it seems to crash or hang, since the tower is still...
  3. PC goes to sleep and refuses to wake up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC goes to sleep and refuses to wake up: As per the title, my pc will go to sleep and then not wake up on key press nor with the mouse. To get it to come back on, I have to press the power button which restarts the PC. There is nothing shown in Event Viewer for why it seems to crash or hang, since the tower is still...
  4. When PC goes to sleep, I have to replug Ted Gem webcam in every time on wake up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When PC goes to sleep, I have to replug Ted Gem webcam in every time on wake up.: Web cam is plugged in and workingPut PC to sleepWake PC upWebcam doesn't work, I have to replug it in after each use.Webcam is a Ted Gem 1080p camera, plugged in to a front USB on an Optiplex 9020. Windows 10 has all updates. Device manager says "USB Camera" has all updates....
  5. When PC goes to sleep, I have to replug Ted Gem webcam in every time on wake up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When PC goes to sleep, I have to replug Ted Gem webcam in every time on wake up.: Web cam is plugged in and workingPut PC to sleepWake PC upWebcam doesn't work, I have to replug it in after each use.Webcam is a Ted Gem 1080p camera, plugged in to a front USB on an Optiplex 9020. Windows 10 has all updates. Device manager says "USB Camera" has all updates....
  6. Webcam waking pc from sleep?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Webcam waking pc from sleep?: I bought a webcam (Logitech streamcam) now I can’t put the pc to sleep with it plugged in. It just wakes it up immediately. The webcam is off though (the light’s off). I know it’s the webcam because I ran the powercfg -lastwake and it said it was the usb c port on my graphics...
  7. Sound pauses every time monitor goes to or wakes from sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound pauses every time monitor goes to or wakes from sleep: Hi, I have an issue where sound stop whenever my monitor goes to sleep or back. For example, I'm listening to some stone cold heavy metal on Spotify, screen goes to sleep, sound stops for 2-3 seconds, then comes back. When I move my mouse or press a key on my keyboard to...
  8. Sound pauses every time monitor goes to or wakes from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Sound pauses every time monitor goes to or wakes from sleep: Hi, I have an issue where sound stop whenever my monitor goes to sleep or back. For example, I'm listening to some stone cold heavy metal on Spotify, screen goes to sleep, sound stops for 2-3 seconds, then comes back. When I move my mouse or press a key on my keyboard to...
  9. Why do I have to sign-in every time my pc goes to sleep?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why do I have to sign-in every time my pc goes to sleep?: Hi, Is there no way to skip the sign-in screen I see every time I log into W10 or my pc goes to sleep? (first I have to press the background and then press sign-in, annoying!) I saw a lot of guides online but none helped. Note that I don't have a password, so it is even...
  10. My PC keeps waking up from sleep every time I wake my laptop from sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My PC keeps waking up from sleep every time I wake my laptop from sleep.: The subject is pretty self-explaining I guess. I run the same Windows 10 updates and everything is identical and up to date all the time. I'm not sure if someone is having the same issue or maybe other people just turn their PC off when they're not using it but I'm more a...