Windows 10: When pc wakes from sleep my cursor is moving across the screen

Discus and support When pc wakes from sleep my cursor is moving across the screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When my PC comes out of hybrid sleep the keyboard cursor moves from left to right (In any open window) as if Im holding down the spacebar, If a window... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SDMF74, May 27, 2020.

1. SDMF74 Win User

When pc wakes from sleep my cursor is moving across the screen

When my PC comes out of hybrid sleep the keyboard cursor moves from left to right (In any open window) as if Im holding down the spacebar, If a window isnt open Im unable to click on anything. Its worth mentioning that as soon as I hit enter or spacebar etc. it stops until of course the next time (and every time) the pc wakes from hybrid sleep.

I have been troubleshooting this issue for a couple weeks now and have tried about 50 different things to no avail. The keyboard (Ducky one RGB TKL) seems to be fine though. I reset it to factory default & I have downloaded a keyboard testing program and everything is fine. I also unplugged all other usb devices & just left keyboard & mouse plugged in.
    It may have begun after the most recent windows updates although I did try uninstalling one of the two updates, the other one windows wouldnt allow me to uninstall.

The issue occurs no matter what USB port im using either 2.0 or 3.0. I have changed every possible windows setting I can think of, I have reset windows power options, changed the "allow this device to wake the computer" & "allow the computer to to turn off this device to save power" options. I have even done a Windows 10 pro in place upgrade!

I have tried changing any and all relevant bios settings on my Asus maximus 9 Formula and this is where it gets really strange. The only time I have got the PC to wake without this annoying issue is when I change my cpu bios settings from Adaptive to Manual. I know what you are thinking it must be an unstable overclock, NOPE. I have done hours and hours of stability testing on my memory and cpu & besides I also set my adaptive settings to stock and it still occurrs. Besides I have been using this computer for a couple years with manual & adaptive settings both and this issue just arose recently. Oh and yes I made sure to set IA/DC load line both to .01 and have tried with c-states off and on.
    I have cleared CMOS & set to optimized defaults right after (F5).

I am ready to do a freakin clean windows install but even though all my games are stored on 3 different non OS ssd's it still entails alot of prep work. I figured the in place upgrade would have resolved it but it didnt.

I know there are some super users here with more knowledge than I have so Im hoping someone has some ideas for me that I havent tried?

:)

SDMF74, May 27, 2020

2. Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, May 28, 2020
  3. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 28, 2020
  4. When pc wakes from sleep my cursor is moving across the screen

Screens black after waking machine from sleep

Hi Anthony,

Does it only happen when waking up the computer from sleep?

To check for possible causes of this issue, we suggest you to run Power Troubleshooter. To do so, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type Troubleshooting.
    • On the left side, click View all.
    • Click Power.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    If the issue still persists, you may update the Chipset driver from the device manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

Jesebel Ova, May 28, 2020
Thema:

When pc wakes from sleep my cursor is moving across the screen

1. When pc wakes from sleep my cursor is moving across the screen - Similar Threads - wakes sleep cursor

2. Cursor/pointer slowly moving across screen intermittently

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor/pointer slowly moving across screen intermittently: At least twice a day the cursos on my screen starts slowly moving across and varying speed it can be a slow speed all the way or sometimes fast and slow. It is NOT anything to do with a mouse as I do not use one and all the google answers to my question relate it back to a...
  3. Cursor/pointer slowly moving across screen intermittently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor/pointer slowly moving across screen intermittently: At least twice a day the cursos on my screen starts slowly moving across and varying speed it can be a slow speed all the way or sometimes fast and slow. It is NOT anything to do with a mouse as I do not use one and all the google answers to my question relate it back to a...
  4. Cursor/pointer slowly moving across screen intermittently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Mouse cursor moves erratically across screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse cursor moves erratically across screen: Hi!A well known issue, with a lot of advice to be found, but nevertheless I can't fix it.The mouse cursor starts moving rapidly, mostly horizontally, back and forth. Sometimes the user it's not me can use the laptop for an hour or two without any problem, sometimes it starts...
  6. Mouse cursor moves erratically across screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse cursor moves erratically across screen: Hi!A well known issue, with a lot of advice to be found, but nevertheless I can't fix it.The mouse cursor starts moving rapidly, mostly horizontally, back and forth. Sometimes the user it's not me can use the laptop for an hour or two without any problem, sometimes it starts...
  7. Mouse cursor moves erratically across screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. BSODS When Waking PC from Sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSODS When Waking PC from Sleep: Hello,TL:DR Newly built PC BSODs every few days after waking, have tried almost everything.I will do my best to explain everything here in detail.I ordered all the parts and built the PC about 2 months ago.Specs:The specsRyzen 5600xAsus B550-F wifi32GB Hyper X Fury DDR4...
  9. WHEN MY PC WAKES FROM SLEEP HYBRID MY CURSOR IS MOVING AS IF THE SPACEBAR IS BEING HELD

in Windows 10 Customization
    WHEN MY PC WAKES FROM SLEEP HYBRID MY CURSOR IS MOVING AS IF THE SPACEBAR IS BEING HELD: Lately seems like only after recent windows 10 update whenever my pc wakes from sleep my cursor is moving ie if chrome is open the cursor moves all the way from left to right in the addres bar as if Im holding down the spacebar on my keyboard.. My Ducky keyboard is fine, no...
  10. My mouse/cursor stutters when I move it across the screen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My mouse/cursor stutters when I move it across the screen?: I updated my graphics card and noticed my mouse was stuttering and lagging whenever I moved it across the screen. The problem persists on the touchpad as well. This hasn’t happened before and I’m not sure how to troubleshoot this. Any help is appreciated! Edit: Just to...