Windows 10: When pinning a website to the taskbar it will not show up on the taskbar

Discus and support When pinning a website to the taskbar it will not show up on the taskbar in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Please help... I go to the website I want to pin, click the 3 dots on top right side of page navigate down to more tools then pin to taskbar the box... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Brandy Smith bsmith, Oct 15, 2020.

1. When pinning a website to the taskbar it will not show up on the taskbar

Please help... I go to the website I want to pin, click the 3 dots on top right side of page navigate down to more tools then pin to taskbar the box pops up at the top of the window to name the item then click pin but it will not show up on my taskbar. I have made sure the taskbar is unlocked. I have searched everywhere and can not find the answer.

:)

Brandy Smith bsmith, Oct 15, 2020

2. Pinning "Settings" to the Taskbar

I've tried both suggestions. But thanks to your(?) earlier post, I do have an icon pinned to the taskbar for settings.

Both were my posts When pinning a website to the taskbar it will not show up on the taskbar :) In fact, at first I forgot to post the usual steps to pin Settings to taskbar, and rather complicated (which I thought) by suggesting you create a shortcut. Hence the 2nd post. Anyway, glad the shortcut method helped.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Oct 15, 2020
  3. How to pin website shortcut to taskbar?

I have a shortcut on the desktop that goes to this link:

Mango Languages

It works fine, but when I right click there is no option to pin to taskbar.

I read the instructions to pin shortcut to taskbar, but in this case there is no option.

What do you suggest?

Thanks - RF

Roger Furnival, Oct 15, 2020
  4. When pinning a website to the taskbar it will not show up on the taskbar

pin to the taskbar

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to pin Internet Explorer to the taskbar.

• Press Start and type Internet Explorer.
    • Right click on the app and select pin to taskbar.

Hope this information helps you.

Sudheendra S, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

When pinning a website to the taskbar it will not show up on the taskbar

1. When pinning a website to the taskbar it will not show up on the taskbar - Similar Threads - pinning website taskbar

2. Taskbar doesn’t show up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar doesn’t show up: Hi there,So for the past two weeks I haven’t had access to my taskbar, settings or any thing relating to the taskbar in the control panel. The taskbar is black and after clicking it the whole screen goes black. But everything works in safe mode.I have tried everything I...
  3. Taskbar doesn’t show up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar doesn’t show up: Hi there,So for the past two weeks I haven’t had access to my taskbar, settings or any thing relating to the taskbar in the control panel. The taskbar is black and after clicking it the whole screen goes black. But everything works in safe mode.I have tried everything I...
  4. Taskbar shows up as black

Taskbar shows up as black: My laptop's taskbar is a blank black rectangle. Hovering over the area where the apps should have been and clicking doesn't do anything. Clicking on where the search should be results in a black screen. The only thing that happened before this was that I had chosen the...
  5. Taskbar Dosent show up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Dosent show up: Hi world.I have set my taskbar to automatically hide itself, and would like to continue using it. I have a problem though. I have to press the windows key to make it appear again, compared to what i usually do, which is bring my cursor down the screen where the taskbar...
  6. Taskbar Dosent show up

Taskbar Dosent show up: Hi world.I have set my taskbar to automatically hide itself, and would like to continue using it. I have a problem though. I have to press the windows key to make it appear again, compared to what i usually do, which is bring my cursor down the screen where the taskbar...
  7. Taskbar won't show up

Taskbar won't show up: When when I am playing a steam game in full screen the task bar won't show up. When I press the windows key the game just freezes and the taskbar is there, I just can't see it, so I have to press something to see it then if I close the thing, I opened the taskbar disappears...
  8. Taskbar not showing up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar not showing up: i restarted my computer yesterday and now its weird. I cant connect to wifi which it usually auto connects to, settings is now unresponsive, taskbar is also unresponsive. Whenever i try to press the windows key either it refreshes the computer, it shows up everything but when...
  9. How to pin websites to the Taskbar with Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to pin websites to the Taskbar with Microsoft Edge: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The new Microsoft Edge web browser is set to replace the old one, and that’s not entirely a bad thing. The old version of Edge, in some respects, works similarly to Internet Explorer, and the rendering engine wasn’t as widely [...] This post How to pin...
  10. When pinning a website to taskbar in Edge why is it coming up in IE?

in Browsers and Email
    When pinning a website to taskbar in Edge why is it coming up in IE?: Hello everyone, First post here and thanks for allowing me to be a part of the community! My first question is while attempting to pin a website to the task bar in Edge I followed the directions and selected the "3 dots menu" and then selected "open with IE" option as...