Windows 10: When playing Minecraft on my HP Notebook, I can't use f1, f3, and so on

Discus and support When playing Minecraft on my HP Notebook, I can't use f1, f3, and so on in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently bought an HP Notebook, isn't fit well for gaming due to the AMD Software and all, won't go indepth with that sort of thing, but managed to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Peachivo, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Peachivo Win User

When playing Minecraft on my HP Notebook, I can't use f1, f3, and so on

I recently bought an HP Notebook, isn't fit well for gaming due to the AMD Software and all, won't go indepth with that sort of thing, but managed to make Minecraft work. Problem is, when trying to see/do things like taking a screenshot, making it fullscreen and all, it won't work- The notebook has brightness or volume/video related settings under that keyboard button.

Is there a way to fix this? Will soon be switching over by christmas too, but as for now this is a major problem.

:)

Peachivo, Nov 24, 2019

2. F1, F2, F3, etc.

So I have a Windows 10 HP laptop that used to be my brother's, but I can't figure out how to use (for example) F3, which you need for some games, like Minecraft, but when I press F3, it just brings the brightness up the brightness. I was wondering how
    to use the actual F3 key, because I've tried ctrl + F3 and shift + F3, but nothing works. Thank you!

DoctorAshenmoon, Nov 24, 2019
  3. F1 F2 F3 not a single is working

My f1 f2 f3 f4 f5 f6 f7 f8 f9 f10 f11 f12 any of these keys is not working. My laptop had windows 7 professional but I upgraded to Windows 10 using Media Creation Tool. Please suggest some solutions.

AdityaRai3, Nov 24, 2019
  4. suraswami Win User

RAID question: Samsung F1 + F3?

As long as the new drive is same size, cache and speed it should be fine. The new F3 might run bit slower to match the speed of F1 (if there is difference). I have mixed brands too and didn't have any issues.

Yes better to match same drives, so if u have the cash go with 2 F3s in Raid and use the F1 for external or additional storage.

*Toast :toast:

suraswami, Nov 24, 2019
Thema:

1. When playing Minecraft on my HP Notebook, I can't use f1, f3, and so on - Similar Threads - playing Minecraft Notebook

2. My f1 f2 and f3 keys are suddenly not controlling the volume like they used to. I tried...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My f1 f2 and f3 keys are suddenly not controlling the volume like they used to. I tried...: My f1 f2 and f3 keys are suddenly not controlling the volume like they used to. I tried pressing fn together with those keys but it didn't work.......
  3. My f1 f2 and f3 keys are suddenly not controlling the volume like they used to. I tried...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My f1 f2 and f3 keys are suddenly not controlling the volume like they used to. I tried...: My f1 f2 and f3 keys are suddenly not controlling the volume like they used to. I tried pressing fn together with those keys but it didn't work.......
  4. Hii my f3 key is broken so I cannot use the f3 key for seeing coordinates in Minecraft so...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hii my f3 key is broken so I cannot use the f3 key for seeing coordinates in Minecraft so...: My f3 key is broken and does not work so I am not able to see coordinates on Minecraft please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hii-my-f3-key-is-broken-so-i-cannot-use-the-f3-key/fd2dd3ff-62fe-4761-9eaa-ad2dc82d76be
  5. Hii my f3 key is broken so I cannot use the f3 key for seeing coordinates in Minecraft so...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hii my f3 key is broken so I cannot use the f3 key for seeing coordinates in Minecraft so...: My f3 key is broken and does not work so I am not able to see coordinates on Minecraft please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hii-my-f3-key-is-broken-so-i-cannot-use-the-f3-key/fd2dd3ff-62fe-4761-9eaa-ad2dc82d76be
  6. Minecraft f3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft f3: My Minecraft f3 and debugs are not working properly, I want to use f3 + g to see chunk borders but I see nothing. It says in the chat that the chunk borders are shown but I do not see them. I play on a Windows 10....
  7. i can't get into spectator mode in minecraft with f3+n?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i can't get into spectator mode in minecraft with f3+n?: Hi, why isn't this working? LG ich komme mit f3+n nicht in den spectator mode in minecraft?
  8. Function keys F1 F2 F3 not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Function keys F1 F2 F3 not working: Why did my function keys F1, F2 and F3 stop working? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/function-keys-f1-f2-f3-not-working/c238fe31-93f2-4022-ba27-f3f3fa55f55a
  9. MY f1,f2,f3,f4 etc keys are not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MY f1,f2,f3,f4 etc keys are not working: I was playing one night, i hit my keyboard not hard but i hit it.... Now the f1,f2,f3,f4 etc keys are not working I need them for my hotkeys etc Please help My graphics card Nvidia 1070ti ASROCK motherboard intel core i5-7600k 16gb DDR4 RAM If any of them help...
  10. Computer crashes when pressing F1, F2, F3, F11, or F12

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer crashes when pressing F1, F2, F3, F11, or F12: Hi, Whenever I press the volume or brightness-related buttons, my laptop completely freezes, bluescreens, then attempts to restart. However, it freezes in the process of restarting, so I have to force shutdown either way. It has been like this for several weeks. Is there...