Windows 10: When plugging iphone in to import pictures. Difference from Windows 8

Discus and support When plugging iphone in to import pictures. Difference from Windows 8 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; In Windows 8, I would plug my phone in and it would display all the pictures on the phone and highlight the new ones. I would then click IMPORT. Boom.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Vizionblind, Jul 27, 2015.

1. When plugging iphone in to import pictures. Difference from Windows 8

In Windows 8, I would plug my phone in and it would display all the pictures on the phone and highlight the new ones. I would then click IMPORT. Boom. Done.

With Windows 10 it doesnt seem as straight forward. I plug my phone in and sometimes nothing happens. If something does happen, a window appears with several options (most not related to photo import) and when I do click the iphone section, I have to click like 3 choices to import. Very clumsy.

Any way to get photo import back to the way windows 8 was? *Think

:)

Vizionblind, Jul 27, 2015
  2. MTSos Win User

iPhone Photos and Videos don't show on Photos App

I updated to Windows 10 with only a few issues and I'm enjoying the new environment.

The main problem: On the photo App, I no longer see the photos or videos on my iPhone 6 when plug in my iPhone.

Under Windows 8, I used to plug in my iPhone and then import them and save the new photos and videos (It recognized that old photos didn't need to be re-imported) to my PC (ThinkPad X230).

Now I only see my iCloud photos which don't include recent videos (But they do show on the Apple Cloud). Also, I'm not able to do anything with these Photo App pictures except look at them. I see no way to save them to a file.

When I try to import, it churns and says "We found 1345 photos and 117 videos". That 1345 number's frustrating because 90% of these I've already imported under Windows 8, but I guess it's trying to start from scratch.

Or not. When I click on "import" I get "Something went wrong." No kidding? And so informative.

Ideas on how I can see the phtos and videos on my iPhone when it's plugged into the PC and how I can them import them?

MTSos, Jul 27, 2015
  3. importing photos in windows 10

how to import from iPhone to PS using windows 10- answers I received were from 2009? There was no windows 10 in 2009. Can someone please help? In windows 7 when I plugged in my iPhone a prompt came up to import pictures. There is no prompt in windows 10
    - in fact I can not find where I can "open" up the iPhone to manually put photos from phone to PC..

Roseannmazjanis, Jul 27, 2015
Thema:

When plugging iphone in to import pictures. Difference from Windows 8

1. When plugging iphone in to import pictures. Difference from Windows 8 - Similar Threads - plugging iphone import

2. Importing pictures and video from iPhone to the Windows Photos app but there are no options...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Importing pictures and video from iPhone to the Windows Photos app but there are no options...: Currently on a windows 10 home system, trying to clean up my iPhone memory by importing the biggest video files and pictures to the pc.After scanning my phone I can see around 10.000 pictures/videos are ready to be imported.Here's the catch, there are no options whatsoever to...
  3. Importing pictures and video from iPhone to the Windows Photos app but there are no options...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Importing pictures and video from iPhone to the Windows Photos app but there are no options...: Currently on a windows 10 home system, trying to clean up my iPhone memory by importing the biggest video files and pictures to the pc.After scanning my phone I can see around 10.000 pictures/videos are ready to be imported.Here's the catch, there are no options whatsoever to...
  4. Cannot import pictures from iPhone to PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot import pictures from iPhone to PC: Hi,I have been sitting in front of my PC for over an hour now, trying to figure out why the "Pictures" app either won't recognize my iPhone or stops importing my pictures after 9 or so have been imported. The thing is, I know the PC itself recognizes the connection. I can see...
  5. Cannot import pictures from iPhone to PC

Cannot import pictures from iPhone to PC: Hi,I have been sitting in front of my PC for over an hour now, trying to figure out why the "Pictures" app either won't recognize my iPhone or stops importing my pictures after 9 or so have been imported. The thing is, I know the PC itself recognizes the connection. I can see...
  6. Importing pictures from iPhone to Windows 10 stopped organizing?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Importing pictures from iPhone to Windows 10 stopped organizing?: Hi guys, Every now and then I transfer all my pictures from my iphone to my pc. When I do this the pictures are being organized by date perfectly in folders which makes it look very organized. Now I havent done it in a while and tried doing it today again. All of a sudden he...
  7. Imported pictures from two different cameras

Imported pictures from two different cameras: I have two cameras, each with their own SD Card. To import the pictures I use a USB device which has a SD Card slot; works perfectly. However, if on one camera I have taken pictures for the period, for example, 4th to the 6th June, the pictures are imported into Photos in...
  8. Unable to import pictures using Photo App from iPhone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to import pictures using Photo App from iPhone: I cannot import pictures because when I click on Import, it informs that "something went wrong" . Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-import-pictures-using-photo-app-from/827bfa21-ce3f-40a7-8066-b424b7ade852"
  9. Photos App Lock up importing from iphone 8

Photos App Lock up importing from iphone 8: I used to import from my iphone on a regular basis. Computer died and I upgraded to a new Dell gaming machine. Now when I try and import from my phone or my wifes it finds X number of photos and locks up. Restarted, re-installed the photo app. When it locks it doesn't...
  10. iphone 8 plus import to computer

iphone 8 plus import to computer: cannot import photos from my new iphone 8 plus to my computer. i have gone through troubleshooter and previous support and the only thing i find is to do with importing camera photo directly to computer....