Windows 10: when print, it tries to save PRN file instead of just printing

Discus and support when print, it tries to save PRN file instead of just printing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since the update yesterday when I print, it tried to save PRN file before printing. How do I stop that and just print?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MojehUnger, Oct 9, 2019.

1. when print, it tries to save PRN file instead of just printing

Since the update yesterday when I print, it tried to save PRN file before printing. How do I stop that and just print?

:)

MojehUnger, Oct 9, 2019

2. When I want to print an Email or any page it keeps saving to a prn file.

Any Updates on how to get my Laptop to print on paper instead of saving to a ''PRN file?

garethrobo79, Oct 9, 2019
  3. My computer will only save as prn files instead of printing

Hello,

I have a Dell Desktop, i7 processor, 16 GB ram, running Windows 10. I have an HP Office Jet Pro 8610.

I used to be able to print from my computer to my printer. Now my computer will only "save as a prn file."

I can print from other devices such as iPhones and iPads to the 8610 with no issues. But I can't make the computer do anything besides save as a prn file.

When the print screen comes up on the computer, I see where I have the option to save as a pdf, or choose a printer. I choose the printer so that is not the issue. But I can't figure out how to make this work. This configuration used to work fine, but
    it hasn't for a month or two. I have been using the work around of saving as a pdf, emailing to my phone, and printing from my phone but I would really just like the computer to be able to print to the printer as it is supposed to work. Thanks.

John

Synycyl 5150, Oct 9, 2019
  4. when print, it tries to save PRN file instead of just printing

Printing only saves to .PRN file after upgrading to Windows 10 version 1903

Since upgrading to Windows 10 version 1903, whenever I attempt to print from any application, Windows offers to save the print to a .PRN file instead of sending it to a printer as usual.
    Saving to a .PRN file seems to be the only option available – there is no obvious setting that disables this behavior.

Matt Hamer, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

when print, it tries to save PRN file instead of just printing

1. when print, it tries to save PRN file instead of just printing - Similar Threads - print tries save

2. Microsoft Print to pdf saving as un-openable .prn file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Print to pdf saving as un-openable .prn file: Hi, I have disabled and enabled the Microsoft Print to pdf feature and have checked the port. The port is correct but when I go to print it says the file type is Printer FIle and saves as a .prn I have run the RUNDLL32.EXE PRINTUI.DLL,PrintUIEntry /Xg /n "Microsoft Print to...
  3. after forced MS updates, my print command is asking for where to save the .prn file instead...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    after forced MS updates, my print command is asking for where to save the .prn file instead...: after forced MS updates, when I send a print command, it asks for where to save the .prn file instead of sending it to printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-forced-ms-updates-my-print-command-is-asking/57215b6a-f211-4869-bcbd-2f4eddaf3b37
  4. Printing - .prn file?

Printing - .prn file?: When I attempt to print, I get a pop-up to save something as a .prn file and nothing is sent to my printer. I cannot print. I tried through several programs, but all of them do the same thing. This just started happening. I was able to print without issue a couple of days...
  5. why does the system suddenly ask to "save" print files instead of printing them?

why does the system suddenly ask to "save" print files instead of printing them?: My HP pavilion g7 has suddenly decided to start sending everything to a save file instead of directly to a print file. Even if I say to save it, it still does not print. I have tried to check settings and don't see this as an option....
  6. Won't print -- I get "Save Print Output As" instead

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Won't print -- I get "Save Print Output As" instead: When I tried to print a .pdf attachment I got in an email, after I clicked the 'PRINT' button, I got a "Save Print Output As" window. I thought at first the PDF reader was at fault, but it also happens with other programs. I don't see anything in the print dialogs that...
  7. When Printing the printer opens a "Save Print Output As" file?

When Printing the printer opens a "Save Print Output As" file?: What's going on with trying to print, From the printer dialog box, it opens a file to save as? What happens to just printing out a copy? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-printing-the-printer-opens-a-save-print/a298ecc6-1827-405f-8a37-fdb6d05d0a55
  8. My computer will only save as prn files instead of printing

My computer will only save as prn files instead of printing: Hello, I have a Dell Desktop, i7 processor, 16 GB ram, running Windows 10. I have an HP Office Jet Pro 8610. I used to be able to print from my computer to my printer. Now my computer will only "save as a prn file." I can print from other devices such as iPhones...
  9. Files print to prn

Files print to prn: All my print jobs go to prn files. How do I unlock everyday printing to get my printer working? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-print-to/7e216e9a-2963-4ea1-b484-f72f3762d666
  10. When I try to print it tries to save the document.

When I try to print it tries to save the document.: This did not happen before the update a day or so ago. All files try to save when I try to print. I have looked at 'print to file' and this is not checked. I have manually set my HP Pro 8715as the default printer. I have used the trouble shoot and there is not an issue. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when printing it saves the file to .prn

2. windows tries to save a file when i print

3. stop printing to prn file

4. prn file opens when printing,
  5. windows word print opens save window .prn,
  6. printer wants to save as prn,
  7. why are files saving to prn,
  8. trying to print and all i get is print to file,
  9. printing is creating a .prn file,
  10. pdf saves as prn,
  11. why wont print save .prn,
  12. when attempting to print save as prn file,
  13. why saving as prn file instead of printing,
  14. when printing tries to save prn file,
  15. why does windows save a prn file when i try to print?