Windows 10: When printing from Publisher to Pdf, font is getting garbled. Help?

Discus and support When printing from Publisher to Pdf, font is getting garbled. Help? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Font appears correctly in Publisher but when I go to save it as a jpg or print to a pdf, it garbles the font. I have checked that all elements have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JillMinton, Jun 29, 2020.

1. When printing from Publisher to Pdf, font is getting garbled. Help?

Font appears correctly in Publisher but when I go to save it as a jpg or print to a pdf, it garbles the font. I have checked that all elements have "wrap text" turned off. I recently worked with this file on another PC and did not encounter this issue.

:)

JillMinton, Jun 29, 2020
  2. Paolo Mag Win User

Win10 print-to-PDF (Adobe Distiller) and Print-to-Windows-PDF do not correctly print fonts; NOT the "graffiti" problem that was occuring, this is different.

Hi,

For us to provide an accurate resolution for the issue that you are experiencing, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Are you using any specific application when printing fonts?
    • Have you tried printing other documents aside from fonts while using the option, Microsoft Print to PDF?

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Paolo Mag, Jun 29, 2020
  3. Win10 print-to-PDF (Adobe Distiller) and Print-to-Windows-PDF do not correctly print fonts; NOT the "graffiti" problem that was occuring, this is different.

Hi, Paolo:

Sorry--managed to lose this page, had to go back and track it down in Chrome's history. ;-)

I've used several programs:

• Extensis Font Suitcase;
    • High-Logic Main Type, and,
    • Another Font manager, the name of which I can't recall, sorry. I stopped using it a while back, believing it was faulty--because it couldn't print font exemplars. (!!) (Possibly it was named
      Typograf?)
    Have I tried printing other documents? Yes, of course, I do this all day and every day. I own and operate an eBook and print book production company, and we send PDFs of completed books to clients multiple times per day. I probably use print-to-PDF
    (Adobe) a few hundred times in any given week. Possibly as few as 100x, but not a lot less.

I've had no issues whatsoever in printing documents (from Word, Excel, Adobe InDesign, MS Publisher and myriad other small programs) to PDF. Distiller works fine. I've also used MS Print to PDF on occasion.
    That works too.

However, printing FONTS, whether through a font management app, or, even trying directly from the Fonts folder (the system folder) will cause the crap results I mentioned earlier.

Here's what the Haboro font, in Normal Demi, actually looks like, from a screen capture (taken with Snagit 13):

When printing from Publisher to Pdf, font is getting garbled.  Help? 191ea099-79bc-4123-8927-bc0167b37e4c.png

And here's what it looks like, when I
    print to PDF (I have the PDF, but apparently, I can't share that here in the forum; this is a screen capture of the PDF, and the PDF itself is at the Dropbox link shown here: Dropbox - Haboro-NorDem (OpenType) .pdf - Simplify your life
    ):

When printing from Publisher to Pdf, font is getting garbled.  Help? 92584398-1686-4510-8129-7d09ad622660.png

You may have noticed that they are different. This happens when I print multi-font exemplars, or a single; it doesn't happen with EVERY font, but it happens. Other symptoms are that the font is NOT, repeat, NOT embedded in the PDF, as
    it should be, for it to display correctly. See third image. This ONLY occurs when I try to print fonts and font exemplars. It occurs at no other time. I believe, but am not 100% sure, that I had this same problem in Win7, but again, I thought it was the
    fault of the font program I was using at the time, and now, obviously, it wasn't.

When printing from Publisher to Pdf, font is getting garbled.  Help? eee6ecc2-8e3c-43f9-86fe-a3c9bcee5741.png

So, as you can see, I need help. I've discussed this with Extensis, with High-Type, and we all agree that it appears to be a Windows issue, since the problem appears when I attempt to print the font directly from the Windows font folder; whether I use Microsoft
    print-to-PDF or Adobe Distiller's version; and occurs constantly and without fail, no matter what font management program I'm using or not using. You should also note that I did not, in any way, use Courier. The Segoe is, I believe, the font that's used
    for the name of the font at the top of the PDF, so that explains why that is there. Courier seems to be the default "go to" when the font printing fails, repeatedly.

Any chance that the good font folks at Microsoft could chime in here, to explain why the fonts are NOT being passed to Distiller? Because as near as I can tell, that's what is occurring--the Windows font handler, or ?, is not passing the fonts to Distiller
    (or to the MS print-to-PDF option). I should add that if I use the MS Print to PDF, it seems to work, IF I am only trying to print the font directly, from the font file itself, one at a time. But the moment I try to print more than one font, or through any
    font management program, it, too, fails.

I hope I've provided enough information.

KAH

Bewilderbeast, Jun 29, 2020
  4. When printing from Publisher to Pdf, font is getting garbled. Help?

Publisher not printing Wingding

Publisher will not print wingding characters even though it has before. Also, text boxes in Publisher are showing up completely black (never did before.) I had an update to my computer, then the problems started. I uninstalled the updates thinking this
    would solve my problem, but it didn't work.

Wingding Regular, 2 & 3 are all in my font list.

The characters print just fine in PDF form, as do the text boxes.

Can someone help me?

Alison Baade, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

When printing from Publisher to Pdf, font is getting garbled. Help?

1. When printing from Publisher to Pdf, font is getting garbled. Help? - Similar Threads - printing Publisher Pdf

2. Printing from Publishers - paper sizes unuseable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printing from Publishers - paper sizes unuseable: For some reason, when I go to print in Publisher, all of my custom paper sizes I have entered are in the Unusable section from the paper size drop down menu. I am trying to print on a single sheet. They all show up and are accessible when I switch to tiled print. Is there a...
  3. Publisher to MS Print to pdf

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Publisher to MS Print to pdf: When printing from Publisher 2002 to Microsoft Print to pdf, a few of the photos are cropped and part of the photo is missing. All photos were from the same camera and photo editor. This is a 61 page booklet but only 4 photos are resized...
  4. Publisher to MS Print to pdf

Publisher to MS Print to pdf: When printing from Publisher 2002 to Microsoft Print to pdf, a few of the photos are cropped and part of the photo is missing. All photos were from the same camera and photo editor. This is a 61 page booklet but only 4 photos are resized...
  5. Publisher to MS Print to pdf

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. my printer is printing larger font, even in print to pdf

my printer is printing larger font, even in print to pdf: About a week ago, my printer started printing things about 135%, which means it cuts off the right edge of everything I print. This is NOT a printer SCALING problem...if I choose a smaller scaling in the print dialog, it makes everything smaller zooms out, but still cuts...
  7. Fonts/Letters missing and/or garbled

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fonts/Letters missing and/or garbled: sorry couldn't think of a better word that garbled. The below is how they look sometimes: Notice the v in loved. the c in rednecks This wasnt something I typed out but it does happen sometimes when I do? Its more an annoyance than anything. Have recently upgraded...
  8. pages not printing in publisher

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pages not printing in publisher: Some of my booklet pages are not printing in publisher? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pages-not-printing-in-publisher/f384372c-e0cf-47de-8221-2575b21e25ec
  9. Print to PDF from OneNote

Print to PDF from OneNote: I have taken notes in the Windows OneNote app and it is a fairly long page. I go to print, print to pdf, and it goes through the process of doing this, however, when I try to open the saved pdf it will not open and I get an error. The error says "somethings keeping this pdf...
  10. Publisher not printing Wingding

Publisher not printing Wingding: Publisher will not print wingding characters even though it has before. Also, text boxes in Publisher are showing up completely black (never did before.) I had an update to my computer, then the problems started. I uninstalled the updates thinking this would solve my...