Windows 10: When Printing the printer opens a "Save Print Output As" file?

Discus and support When Printing the printer opens a "Save Print Output As" file? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; What's going on with trying to print, From the printer dialog box, it opens a file to save as? What happens to just printing out a copy?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Al - T.G.G., Sep 10, 2019.

1. When Printing the printer opens a "Save Print Output As" file?

What's going on with trying to print, From the printer dialog box, it opens a file to save as? What happens to just printing out a copy?

:)

Al - T.G.G., Sep 10, 2019

2. "save print output"

How do I skip the "save print output" step when trying to print an already saved document or anything for that matter? HP Office Pro 6978 printer

scotthicks2, Sep 10, 2019
  3. Error - Printing on Network printer

We have 4 printers on our Windows print server. The server was migrated from win2k3 to 2k8 on friday. 3/4 printers are working great, the other is having issues. When trying to print a test page to it, it gets a job status of Error - Printing.

When sending a small word document to it, it sends it to the printer, the queue is empty but nothing prints. If I goto the printer itself, it doesnt show any errors and I can print things such as information sheets and diagnostic files just fine.

All four printers are the same model, all 4 have a static IP. I can ping the printer successfully. I've tried printing from both an XP machine and the print server itself. I tried removing and adding the printer on the print server. And lastly, uunplugged the printer for 30 seconds, plugged it back in.

Any ideas?

Hybrid_theory, Sep 10, 2019
  4. When Printing the printer opens a "Save Print Output As" file?

Can't Print After Update to Windows 10, get "Save Print Output As..."

I'm having the same problem. When I try to print, a window opens 'Save print output as......' with pdf as default.

What's this about???? Print output is a piece of paper! And the file I'm printing from already has a filename.

I've checked that my printer is set as default (it wasn't - but resetting it made no difference) and I've run the printer troubleshooter - but that found no faults.

DuncanMartin, Sep 10, 2019
Thema:

When Printing the printer opens a "Save Print Output As" file?

1. When Printing the printer opens a "Save Print Output As" file? - Similar Threads - Printing printer opens

2. printer prints from word but not from thunderbird. It wants to save print output. Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    printer prints from word but not from thunderbird. It wants to save print output. Windows...: printer prints from word but not from thunderbird. It wants to save print output. Windows 11 Canon printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-prints-from-word-but-not-from-thunderbird/9b591fdc-2e5d-440d-bb70-af30fe1d41a2
  3. printer prints from word but not from thunderbird. It wants to save print output. Windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    printer prints from word but not from thunderbird. It wants to save print output. Windows...: printer prints from word but not from thunderbird. It wants to save print output. Windows 11 Canon printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-prints-from-word-but-not-from-thunderbird/9b591fdc-2e5d-440d-bb70-af30fe1d41a2
  4. windows 11, when requesting to print, printer goes to save print output.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11, when requesting to print, printer goes to save print output.: Hi! I am having an issue with not being able to print. After installing windows 11, when I try to print a page the system goes into ' save print output ' and does not print. The printer is an Epson XP-7100. I've tried some of the suggestions in the Microsoft Community with no...
  5. windows 11, when requesting to print, printer goes to save print output.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11, when requesting to print, printer goes to save print output.: Hi! I am having an issue with not being able to print. After installing windows 11, when I try to print a page the system goes into ' save print output ' and does not print. The printer is an Epson XP-7100. I've tried some of the suggestions in the Microsoft Community with no...
  6. "Save print output as" message

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Save print output as" message: Hi, i received a word document via gmail. Once edited, when trying to print I get the normal window showing the correct printer, status ready. When i click print, I get the "Save print output as" box. what is the issue and how to resolve it please!...
  7. "Save Print Output As"

"Save Print Output As": Trying to print document and "Save Print Output As" keeps coming up in window. I have been able to print previously last week and cannot now. How do I fix this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/save-print-output-as/99e2b2aa-556b-4eb9-9441-37f707692b4b
  8. Print to File Word or Save Print Output As pdf

Print to File Word or Save Print Output As pdf: I know this is a common problem - I won't even bother to describe it in detail but i can't find a recent thread. Anyway, my printer is the default and Print to File is not checked in the print menu 2 common 'solutions'. I am trying to print documents related to my...
  9. when selecting 'print' it goes to 'Print to File' not the printer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    when selecting 'print' it goes to 'Print to File' not the printer: I had a major Windows 10 crash unknown cause, assume automatic update Managed to get to function properly after booting safe mode. Can't find where to change the setting from 'Print to file' to print to my printer driver and settings OK. Thanks for any suggestions. Natalie...
  10. "save print output"

"save print output": How do I skip the "save print output" step when trying to print an already saved document or anything for that matter? HP Office Pro 6978 printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/save-print-output/7f7fbd36-1dcd-4b00-b984-aed477879a1f

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to undue save as print

2. save print output as

3. save print output as instead of printing

4. save print output as instead of printing 2020,
  5. print opens to save print output,
  6. printer is not printing but opening the save file as window.