Windows 10: When rebooting computer windows 10 not shutting down programs

Discus and support When rebooting computer windows 10 not shutting down programs in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How aggravating is this. For the last few months when rebooting, after using power button to restart; and signing back on finding some programs still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jmaeyo, Jun 1, 2019.

1. jmaeyo Win User

When rebooting computer windows 10 not shutting down programs

How aggravating is this. For the last few months when rebooting, after using power button to restart; and signing back on finding some programs still running.

Definitely do not like finding my bank sign page or other programs open upon. When restarting why aren't they closing? Tried recommended closing programs first, neither one worked.

:)

jmaeyo, Jun 1, 2019
  2. Carlo Fer Win User

Computer in sleep mode shuts down open programs

When your computer is in hibernate mode, does all your programs have been shut off or closed? May we know what's the specific program that you use? Let's try to reset Power schemes. Please follow the steps below:

• Right on Start button, > select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste the command below:
    powercfg -restoredefaultschemes

• When finished, close the command prompt then reboot your PC.

Keep us updated with results.

Carlo Fer, Jun 1, 2019
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jun 1, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 1, 2019
Thema:

1. When rebooting computer windows 10 not shutting down programs - Similar Threads - rebooting computer shutting

2. Windows 10 rebooting when shutting down.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 rebooting when shutting down.: I have seen many questions regarding windows 10 rebooting when shutting down, and seen different solutions to this problem, non of which solved my problem.I finally ran into a solution for my problem which I had not seen offered here.In my case, in Device Manager>Network...
  3. Windows 10 rebooting when shutting down.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 rebooting when shutting down.: I have seen many questions regarding windows 10 rebooting when shutting down, and seen different solutions to this problem, non of which solved my problem.I finally ran into a solution for my problem which I had not seen offered here.In my case, in Device Manager>Network...
  4. Windows 10 rebooting when shutting down.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10: waiting for programs to close when shutting down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10: waiting for programs to close when shutting down: Hello. In Windows 10 I have a problem using the GoodSync backup program.GoodSync is set to run backup when the system shuts down. In Windows 7, everything worked OK - the system started to shut down but waited for GoodSync to finish and then shut down.Now, however, the...
  6. When I print my computer shuts down and has to be rebooted

in Windows 10 Customization
    When I print my computer shuts down and has to be rebooted: When I print, my computer shuts down https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-print-my-computer-shuts-down-and-has-to-be/fa89e880-aa2f-42f4-80f0-14be47404a34
  7. program that appears sometimes when shutting down or rebooting

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    program that appears sometimes when shutting down or rebooting: [ATTACH]I noticed this program that appears sometimes when shutting down or rebooting, and since I've never seen something like this I thought I'd ask. Also worth noting that I've run The windows antivirus and Malaware bytes and the pc appears to be clean....
  8. My computer, instead of shutting down, reboots.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer, instead of shutting down, reboots.: Good day. After the new update on 1903. I noticed that my computer stopped working normally. After I click shutdown. My computer, instead of shutting down, reboots. And only for the second time, he turns off. Sorry to me my English I translate in online translator....
  9. My computer reboots when I tell it to shut down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer reboots when I tell it to shut down: Any help would be much appreciated, thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-reboots-when-i-tell-it-to-shut-down/6220904f-3694-4c78-85c8-d51f87765aa7
  10. Computer Repeatedly Shuts Down and then Reboots

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Repeatedly Shuts Down and then Reboots: I receive the general error code: 0xc0000017 I get other error comments: IQRL Not Less or Equal System Thread Exception not Handled PFN List Corrupt Boot mgr Image is Corrupt Memory Management Fault in Non-Paged Area Unexpected Store Exception Kmode Exception Not...