Windows 10: When recording sound using my laptop, all I hear is static.

Discus and support When recording sound using my laptop, all I hear is static. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all. So recently I've been having issues with my Acer Nitro recording sound. At first I thought it was a cortana issue, which I don't really use,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PeterCarthy, Dec 2, 2019.

1. When recording sound using my laptop, all I hear is static.

Hi all.

So recently I've been having issues with my Acer Nitro recording sound. At first I thought it was a cortana issue, which I don't really use, but recently I've had to record something and nothing seemed to work.

I troubleshooted the recording hardware, but it just kept saying everything was fine, but when I went to sound settings on the control panel, the bars to indicate sound wouldn't move. So tested it out by recording something. Pure static. And I don't mean my voice distorted, I mean radio static. So I did a test with some headphones with a jack that have a mic, same thing. Also when I plugged them in they didn't pop up on the control panel as a new device if that's important. So I tested with a pair of Bluetooth headphones. They worked, but aren't really suitable for the recording I have to do.

I've reinstalled the drivers, messed with all the settings, reinstalled windows, and still nothing.

I would have assumed if this was a hardware issue then I wouldn't hear anything from the recording tests I did, or that the bar that moves in the control panel when sound is detected would be moving, albeit in a crazy way. But I reinstalled the drivers and still the same problem. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

:)

PeterCarthy, Dec 2, 2019

2. Hearing static in mic

Twitch is an example of the static that I can hear from stream replays and recording replays.

TheOnlyBoba, Dec 2, 2019
  3. Why do I hear static when I hear sounds?

When I change my volume its makes the *bud um!!* sound right? I hear that sound, plus a bunch of static mixed in. When I play steam games. all I hear is static... when I first started using the new Windows music player, all I heard was static. so I went
    to youtube. youtube sounds GREAT. but when I switch back to my games AND listen to music, its terrible. makes me want to cry. I expected so much more from 10. everything else is great. but the static is a deal breaker.

MasonGaines, Dec 2, 2019
  4. trigan5 Win User

When recording sound using my laptop, all I hear is static.

Cannot uninstall Free Sound Recorder v10.7.1 Type 32 bit HELP!

I have an HP laptop with Windows 10 installed Version number 1903 and I think it is 64 bit. I installed the above program 2 months ago and I want to uninstall it.
    I tried the many suggestions provided here:
    Uninstall and Remove Free Sound Recorder 8.2.3 Step by Step
    except the last suggestion but none of them worked.
    The last suggestion tells you to download a third party uninstaller and tells you to click on a link which I do not know I can trust. I have however tried installing Revo uninstaller 2.1.0 free version and even this program could not uninstall the program. The message is always the same

C\Program Files(86x)\Free Sound Recorder\unins000.dat" does not exist. Cannot uninstall.

Will installing bitdefender antivirus program get rid of it?
    PLEASE HELP.

trigan5, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

When recording sound using my laptop, all I hear is static.

1. When recording sound using my laptop, all I hear is static. - Similar Threads - recording sound using

2. i can't hear my laptops sound.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i can't hear my laptops sound.: I got a blue screen every time I start my pc. I installed windows 10 again using a USB drive then my HD audio driver for display audioanyone help?Zarr zadd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-hear-my-laptops-sound/1bad63b0-efea-473a-aeb3-36c159ea23b3
  3. i can't hear my laptops sound.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i can't hear my laptops sound.: I got a blue screen every time I start my pc. I installed windows 10 again using a USB drive then my HD audio driver for display audioanyone help?Zarr zadd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-hear-my-laptops-sound/1bad63b0-efea-473a-aeb3-36c159ea23b3
  4. Buit-In Mic not working, all i hear is static

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Buit-In Mic not working, all i hear is static: Hello,I have a Lenovo Yoga, with Windows 10 installed. IDK if this is relevant, but I cannot update to Windows 11 because "the processor isn't currently supported for Windows 11".My screen was broken, so I sent my computer in for repair. When I received it back, the...
  5. Buit-In Mic not working, all i hear is static

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Buit-In Mic not working, all i hear is static: Hello,I have a Lenovo Yoga, with Windows 10 installed. IDK if this is relevant, but I cannot update to Windows 11 because "the processor isn't currently supported for Windows 11".My screen was broken, so I sent my computer in for repair. When I received it back, the...
  6. Buit-In Mic not working, all i hear is static

7. Hearing Static in earphones plugged to laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hearing Static in earphones plugged to laptop: I hear a static bzz just before some audio is about to play and then a static bzz again after a few seconds once the audio stops playing or there is no audio playing. I believe there is also a slight white noise the entire duration between these two events but that gets...
  8. Hearing Static in earphones plugged to laptop

Hearing Static in earphones plugged to laptop: I hear a static bzz just before some audio is about to play and then a static bzz again after a few seconds once the audio stops playing or there is no audio playing. I believe there is also a slight white noise the entire duration between these two events but that gets...
  9. Hearing Static in earphones plugged to laptop

10. I can't hear sound in my laptop

I can't hear sound in my laptop: Recent update of windows 10 have spoil my sound help me to work it again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-hear-sound-in-my-laptop/995f4502-66a4-4dcd-a8bb-74466381eb66