Windows 10: When recording sound using my laptop, all I hear is static.

Discus and support When recording sound using my laptop, all I hear is static. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all. So recently I've been having issues with my Acer Nitro recording sound. At first I thought it was a cortana issue, which I don't really use,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PeterCarthy, Dec 2, 2019.

1. When recording sound using my laptop, all I hear is static.

Hi all.

So recently I've been having issues with my Acer Nitro recording sound. At first I thought it was a cortana issue, which I don't really use, but recently I've had to record something and nothing seemed to work.

I troubleshooted the recording hardware, but it just kept saying everything was fine, but when I went to sound settings on the control panel, the bars to indicate sound wouldn't move. So tested it out by recording something. Pure static. And I don't mean my voice distorted, I mean radio static. So I did a test with some headphones with a jack that have a mic, same thing. Also when I plugged them in they didn't pop up on the control panel as a new device if that's important. So I tested with a pair of Bluetooth headphones. They worked, but aren't really suitable for the recording I have to do.

I've reinstalled the drivers, messed with all the settings, reinstalled windows, and still nothing.

I would have assumed if this was a hardware issue then I wouldn't hear anything from the recording tests I did, or that the bar that moves in the control panel when sound is detected would be moving, albeit in a crazy way. But I reinstalled the drivers and still the same problem. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

:)

PeterCarthy, Dec 2, 2019

2. Hearing static in mic

Twitch is an example of the static that I can hear from stream replays and recording replays.

TheOnlyBoba, Dec 2, 2019
  3. Why do I hear static when I hear sounds?

When I change my volume its makes the *bud um!!* sound right? I hear that sound, plus a bunch of static mixed in. When I play steam games. all I hear is static... when I first started using the new Windows music player, all I heard was static. so I went
    to youtube. youtube sounds GREAT. but when I switch back to my games AND listen to music, its terrible. makes me want to cry. I expected so much more from 10. everything else is great. but the static is a deal breaker.

MasonGaines, Dec 2, 2019
  4. trigan5 Win User

When recording sound using my laptop, all I hear is static.

Cannot uninstall Free Sound Recorder v10.7.1 Type 32 bit HELP!

I have an HP laptop with Windows 10 installed Version number 1903 and I think it is 64 bit. I installed the above program 2 months ago and I want to uninstall it.
    I tried the many suggestions provided here:
    Uninstall and Remove Free Sound Recorder 8.2.3 Step by Step
    except the last suggestion but none of them worked.
    The last suggestion tells you to download a third party uninstaller and tells you to click on a link which I do not know I can trust. I have however tried installing Revo uninstaller 2.1.0 free version and even this program could not uninstall the program. The message is always the same

C\Program Files(86x)\Free Sound Recorder\unins000.dat" does not exist. Cannot uninstall.

Will installing bitdefender antivirus program get rid of it?
    PLEASE HELP.

trigan5, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

When recording sound using my laptop, all I hear is static.

1. When recording sound using my laptop, all I hear is static. - Similar Threads - recording sound using

2. Gamebar not recording all sounds??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gamebar not recording all sounds??: So, when I record any games like Phantom Forces or Heroes and Generals using Gamebar, most of the time, it doesn't record the shots when you fire the gun. Is there a way I can insert a video in here as an example?...
  3. IP static of my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    IP static of my laptop: Hi I'm Mahdi from Iran. My laptop is stolen and I want to find that and the thief location.I'm worried about my laptop and personal files. I tried to locate that but I couldn't. I need static IP of my laptop when he use of my device. How can I get static IP? Can you find...
  4. Realtek built-in mic on my laptop is "hearing" but not recording / nobody can hear me

Realtek built-in mic on my laptop is "hearing" but not recording / nobody can hear me: I have a Lenovo Flex 2 14 and when in Control Panel > Sound > Recording > Microphone Array shows the green bars clearly going up and down with my voice Other apps can also see the green bars going up and down (Line app), but no app can actually record sound or put sound...
  5. Static sound

Static sound: Hi, I have a problem with my sound. I have static sound in my headphones. I tried using different headphone or speaker devices but it occurs with using any headphones or speakers. I tried updating windows and using the troubleshoot method and nothing works. Recently I used...
  6. Windows recording all sounds when I just want it to record the Mic

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows recording all sounds when I just want it to record the Mic: Whenever I use my mic to record, it picks up all other noise that would come through my headphones. So not only is my voice recorded but so is everyone else's voice that is coming through my headphones, even when the volume of the headphones is 0. I have made sure the "Listen...
  7. i am unable to hear sound on my windows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    i am unable to hear sound on my windows 10 laptop: I am unable to hear sound on laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-hear-sound-on-my-windows-10-laptop/d3bf3ae8-3e9d-4c0d-a659-e243779adf0e
  8. Recorded sound volume is much lower than what I can hear during recording

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recorded sound volume is much lower than what I can hear during recording: When I'm using my monitor as a playback device via NVidia HD Audio (HDMI) the recorded sound is much quieter than what I'm hearing during recording. If I switch playback to Realtek HD Audio (motherboard's 3.5 mm plugs) recorded volume is just fine. On Windows 7 I had no such...
  9. Loud static noise when recording from microphone

Loud static noise when recording from microphone: I'm not sure if it's a problem with the computer, but I cannot confirm as this is the only one I have. When you disconnect and reconnect it will work perfectly fine for a while, but then, after a few minutes, it suddenly gets distorted, with a really loud static noise and the...
  10. Use Earphones with Mic to record and hear at same time?

Use Earphones with Mic to record and hear at same time?: Hi Everybody! Can anyone help me? I connected my YU Earphones to a friends computer, and I was surprised that I could hear everything from the earphones and Also record from it at the same time!! Whenever I talked into the mic that the earphones have, I could hear my voice...