Windows 10: When refreshing the dekstop, Icons turn white for a very brief moment and then appear as...

Discus and support When refreshing the dekstop, Icons turn white for a very brief moment and then appear as... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I refresh the desktop by right clicking on the desktop and choosing "Refresh", Icons turn white for like a split of a secondvery briefly before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Sam_zia, Aug 17, 2021.

1. Sam_zia Win User

When refreshing the dekstop, Icons turn white for a very brief moment and then appear as...

When I refresh the desktop by right clicking on the desktop and choosing "Refresh", Icons turn white for like a split of a secondvery briefly before re-appearing...is there a way to get rid of the white icons ? I already deleted and rebuilt the icon cache...I also did sfc /scannow ...

:)

Sam_zia, Aug 17, 2021

2. When I open "File Explorer" it appears for a brief moment and then disappears?

When I open "File Explorer" it appears for a brief moment and then disappears? Also, "Word" does the same thing. Need help here.

charlessutterfield1, Aug 17, 2021
  3. hkw_can Win User
    Windows 10 White Icons

After the last update my icons turned white and I can't get them back. The only icons that appear new icons like Edge, Microsoft Store, Microsoft Mail and Snip & Sketch. Chrome, Adobe Reader DC, File Explorer and so on, show a white page symbol. Even if
    I go to file properties and change the icon (even from another file) still same white page.

I tried a few things, including:

• going to %localappdata% and deleting IconCache.db, followed by a restart
    • ran SFC Scan
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
    No change. All users have the same problem.

This is very annoying and should be very basic.

hkw_can, Aug 17, 2021
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

When refreshing the dekstop, Icons turn white for a very brief moment and then appear as...

Cant place icons on certain places on dekstop

We appreciate the information you've provided. We suggest downloading the latest update, KB4020102, to see if that resolves your concern with the icon placement.
    To do that, go to Settings > Update & Security
    > Check for Updates.

We also recommend changing the desktop icon settings. To access it, follow these steps:

• Click Start.

• Type Themes and press Enter.

• Click Change desktop icons.

• Uncheck Allow themes to change desktop icons.

• Click Apply.

• Click OK.

After installing the latest updates and changing the desktop icon settings, check if you can place icons on the left side of your screen.

Let us know if what happens to your icon placement after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, Aug 17, 2021
Thema:

1. When refreshing the dekstop, Icons turn white for a very brief moment and then appear as... - Similar Threads - refreshing dekstop Icons

2. When refrfeshing the dekstop, Icons turn white for a very brief moment and then appear as...

in Windows 10 Customization
    When refrfeshing the dekstop, Icons turn white for a very brief moment and then appear as...: When I refresh the desktop by right clicking on the desktop and choosing "Refresh", Icons turn white for like a split of a secondvery briefly before re-appearing...is there a way to get rid of the white icons ? I already deleted and rebuilt the icon cache...I also did sfc...
  3. A random black window appearing in the dekstop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    A random black window appearing in the dekstop: [ATTACH] Can someone explain what is this black colored window in my desktop? I have scanned for viruses also. It can also be resized. What should i do now ? is it a virus?...
  4. Why does a brief black screen with spinning white dots appear after a restart?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why does a brief black screen with spinning white dots appear after a restart?: Is this normal? It never did this before yesterday. It only started happening after the new GeForce update. Is it problematic, or do I leave it? Video: https://vimeo.com/517966391...
  5. Changing dekstop icon names

Changing dekstop icon names: Alright so the question i'm about to ask will sound stupid, but for my OCD it's quite nerve racking/Important. I had to return my laptop to the shop so i decided to clean wipe my laptop. Which obviously resulted in me having to redownload my apps, but i was okay with this....
  6. Windows apps icons turn white when used as a desktop shortcut:

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows apps icons turn white when used as a desktop shortcut:: This issue pertains to app icons turning white when used as a desktop shortcut. It always happens after a reboot and sometimes after sleep mode. This problem never happens with regular program icons, just apps. I haven't been able to find a specific answer to this issue. Any...
  7. Windows 10 taskbar icons refreshing into a randomly moment

Windows 10 taskbar icons refreshing into a randomly moment: Hello, why my taskbar icons are refreshing into a randomly moment? I've tried to: 1.Close, restart Explorer.exe 2.Run DSIM and /scannow 3.Rebuild icon database 4.Reinstall Start menu with Windows PowerShell(as admin) 5.Update my drivers 6.Close the feedback and...
  8. Windows 10 icons refreshing into a randomly moment

Windows 10 icons refreshing into a randomly moment: Hello, why my taskbar icons are refreshing into a randomly moment? I've tried to: 1.Close, restart Explorer.exe 2.Run DSIM and /scannow 3.Rebuild icon database 4.Reinstall Start menu with Windows PowerShell(as admin) 5.Update my drivers 6.Close the feedback and...
  9. Shortcuts Icons Turn White When Moved

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcuts Icons Turn White When Moved: Hi. For some shortcuts that I have placed on the desktop when I move them to a different folder they shortcut icon turns white. This does not happen for every application where I will move the shortcut but for some. Example: GPU-Z icon on desktop looks fine. Moved to "Game"...
  10. Shortcut icons appear very small at random

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut icons appear very small at random: I have put shortcuts to all of my games into one folder for easy access. Despite the fact that all of the shortcuts have large icons that can display at any size, some of them are displayed very small. The odd part is, which ones display as small seems to be random. If I...