Windows 10: When restart happens in sleep mode...

Discus and support When restart happens in sleep mode... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've noticed that if I download a cumulative update that requires a restart and I put my laptop in sleep mode when I'm done with it, it apparently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Delly10, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Delly10 Win User

When restart happens in sleep mode...

I've noticed that if I download a cumulative update that requires a restart and I put my laptop in sleep mode when I'm done with it, it apparently wakes up at some point during "inactive hours" and does the restart. But then what? Does it go back into sleep mode as it was before that, or does it just stay on until going back to sleep after being inactive for a certain amount of time?

To find out, I set my inactive hours for Noon to 6:00pm and checked on it every so often. It finally did the restart from sleep mode at 5:25pm for some reason. When it was done, it just stayed on.

Is there a way to make sure it just goes back to sleep after it does its restart during off-hours? When I put it to sleep, I'd like it to stay that way rather than restart and then stay on all night.

:)

Delly10, Oct 19, 2020

2. Restarting laptop from sleep mode.

When i click on the power button, sleep, shut down and restart is listed. Hibernation is not an option. How do i activate the Hibernation option?

Floyd Mallory, Oct 19, 2020
  3. open the desktop from sleep mode

Hi Abhishek,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft community.

To understand the issue better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• How are trying to start the computer from the sleep mode?
    • Since from when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    • Are you able to shut down or restart the machine?
    • What happens when you try to come out of Sleep mode?
    I would suggest you to force shutdown the computer and start the computer and check what happens.

If you are able to login to normal mode then follow the below steps to restore the power setting/plan to default.

• Press Windows + X keys, and select the option
      Control Panel.
    • Click on the Power Options icon.
    • Click on Change plan settings.
    • Select the option “Restore default settings for this plan”.
    Please post us back with more information and if the issues resolves to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 19, 2020
  4. kn00tcn Win User

Pc restart after exiting sleep mode

well if it works within 5min, sounds like it could be losing power

'restarts after exiting sleep mode' do you mean it acts like a fresh cold boot? or you see the windows logging off screens, then it restarts?

i never use sleep or hibernate, risk of losing the session & waste of hard drive space

kn00tcn, Oct 19, 2020
Thema:

1. When restart happens in sleep mode... - Similar Threads - restart happens sleep

2. Laptop restarts when put to sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop restarts when put to sleep mode: For few weeks my windows 10 laptop cannot be put to sleep mode. When I close the lid or simply click on the sleep from the start menu, it goes to sleep but when I move the mouse or press anything to wake the laptop up again, it suddenly restarts itself. I have checked the...
  3. Laptop restarts when put to sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop restarts when put to sleep mode: For few weeks my windows 10 laptop cannot be put to sleep mode. When I close the lid or simply click on the sleep from the start menu, it goes to sleep but when I move the mouse or press anything to wake the laptop up again, it suddenly restarts itself. I have checked the...
  4. Laptop restarts when put to sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop restarts on its own when it's in sleep mode

Laptop restarts on its own when it's in sleep mode: I don't know why, but several times my laptop restarts on its own when it's in sleep mode. It doesn't happen often, but it has occurred a few times, including today. I once turned off the automatic restart feature for system failure, but it resulted in some cases where I...
  6. My laptop automatically restarted when it was on sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop automatically restarted when it was on sleep mode: Here is something from the WinDbg. Not what I can understand though. Is Nvidia driver the problem?************* Preparing the environment for Debugger Extensions Gallery repositories ************** ExtensionRepository : Implicit UseExperimentalFeatureForNugetShare : true...
  7. Restart In Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restart In Sleep Mode: Sometimes my laptop in sleep going in sleep mode and i try to wake it up with my mouse keyboard my laptop getting restart please help my laptop modal is FX507ZM/FX577ZM...
  8. Restart In Sleep Mode

Restart In Sleep Mode: Sometimes my laptop in sleep going in sleep mode and i try to wake it up with my mouse keyboard my laptop getting restart please help my laptop modal is FX507ZM/FX577ZM...
  9. My pc was in sleep mode and this happened

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My pc was in sleep mode and this happened: [ATTACH] My pc was in sleep mode and when i came back on everything was wide, i didnt change any settings, and even with google i cant figure out how to change it. Any help? submitted by /u/RooFlysYt [link] [comments]...
  10. Laptop restarts when I put it to 'sleep' mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop restarts when I put it to 'sleep' mode: Hi All! Just bought a brand new HP envy 15 2020 edition. On the 2nd day it was updating windows and bios and then i noticed that my laptop restarts whenever i put it to sleep. To be precise, this is what happens step by step: 1. I put the laptop to sleep 2. It goes to...