Windows 10: When restarting windows 10 it reinstalls a driver that does not work

Discus and support When restarting windows 10 it reinstalls a driver that does not work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Normally I turn off and on again Windows 10, but when I have to restart it (for example when I install a new program) it happens to me that the audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by passegua, Aug 22, 2018.

1. passegua Win User

When restarting windows 10 it reinstalls a driver that does not work

Normally I turn off and on again Windows 10, but when I have to restart it (for example when I install a new program) it happens to me that the audio controller driver updates to a newer version that does not work.

In addition, the icon in the task bar of the Windows Defender Security Center shows me an exclamation mark on the yellow field indicating "necessary action" even if in reality when I open the Windows Defender Security Center all the signs are green and indicate: "no action needed ".

I repeat that this problem happens to me only if I restart, it does not happen to me if I turn off and on again.

The solution, boring but working, is to right-click on Start and choose: "Exit" to disconnect me, when I return then the warning "!" on a yellow field from the icon in the task bar of the Windows Defender Security Center, but then I also have to open "Device Manager" and choose: "Resume driver" to get back the previous audio driver, the one that works.

There is no way to solve this boring problem?

Thanks so much.

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17134.228]

:)

passegua, Aug 22, 2018
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Aug 22, 2018
  3. MrGenius Win User
    [Solved] Windows 10 keeps reinstalling KB3119142

I noticed quite some time ago that KB3119142 (Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package) kept reinstalling itself for some reason. At least once daily. Sometimes up to several times a day. I just ignored it. It didn't seem to be doing any harm. And I figured they'd eventually fix it. Well...days turned into weeks, weeks into months, with no end to the problem in sight. It dragged on unsolved for at least the last few months. Literally reinstalling itself hundreds of(at least a hundred, felt like more) times in that period of time.

So I finally googled it a couple days ago. And just got around to fixing it today. Which appears to have worked. And it couldn't have been easier to do. I feel so stupid to have let it intimidate me for so long.*Oops! When restarting windows 10 it reinstalls a driver that does not work :oops:
    Below are links to the thread that I got the fix idea from, and the official MS support info page for KB3119142(from which I quoted the above).
    http://www.tenforums.com/windows-up...-windows-10-keeps-reinstalling-kb3119142.html
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3119142

MrGenius, Aug 22, 2018
  4. JoeBoyka Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Everything is working *Smile When restarting windows 10 it reinstalls a driver that does not work :)

JoeBoyka, Aug 22, 2018
Thema:

1. When restarting windows 10 it reinstalls a driver that does not work - Similar Threads - restarting reinstalls driver

2. Reinstalling Drivers on Work Computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Reinstalling Drivers on Work Computer: Hi,What is Microsoft Kernel Debug Network Adapter? What does it do? Is there a way/link to reinstall it? Background: My boss asked me to move a computer I think it's from 2015, has windows 10 from the front room to the back room, plugged it and the ethernet in, didn't work....
  3. Reinstalling Drivers on Work Computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstalling Drivers on Work Computer: Hi,What is Microsoft Kernel Debug Network Adapter? What does it do? Is there a way/link to reinstall it? Background: My boss asked me to move a computer I think it's from 2015, has windows 10 from the front room to the back room, plugged it and the ethernet in, didn't work....
  4. Reinstalling Drivers on Work Computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Audio does not work at all even after reinstalling drivers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Audio does not work at all even after reinstalling drivers: Around a week and a half ago Audio on my PC stopped working completely, the only reason this would happen would be because as i was setting up my PC again, i didnt plug in the LAN cable as i was just checking if it booted another person's home, The router was in a way...
  6. Microsoft 10 CD driver does not work

Microsoft 10 CD driver does not work: I can no longer use Windows 10 Media player to burn CDs. Downloaded 3rd apps such as Ashampoo and EZdrive do not work. I was told by a technician that there is a problem with my CDrom hardware. I did check for updates on the in the Device Manager and CD rom and when I...
  7. Does drivers get deleted when you factory restart windows

Does drivers get deleted when you factory restart windows: Do drivers get deleted if i factory restart windows ? I am not just talking about motherboard drivers I am taking about all the drivers like gpu drivers , motherboard drivers ,etc? Please answer if anyone can help me ....
  8. Password does not work when signing in after restart

Password does not work when signing in after restart: I had an issue with my Logitech mouse, so I looked up a way to fix it and ended up uninstalling the driver and reinstalling the Logitech app on windows. The app prompted me to restart my computer to finish installing. So I did. It then brought me to a screen to enter my...
  9. Does reinstalling windows fix all the driver issues?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Does reinstalling windows fix all the driver issues?: I have been facing an issue with the Network adapter. The one I'm having is Intel dual band wireless adapter 3160. It's getting disabled by itself and I need to restart my system to get it back on and sometimes even restarting the system doesn't help. I have installed the...
  10. how does windows 10 driver signature work?

how does windows 10 driver signature work?: I have an android phone which the google adb driver doesn't include, so i modify the inf file and add my PID and VID. Of course this corrupt the signature so i reboot to disable the signature and install it. And i then reboot the machine again to make signature...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows reinstalls drivers restart

2. faulty nvidia driver reinstalls itself

3. windows reinstalls drivers after restart