Windows 10: when restoring from sleep, no video signal

Discus and support when restoring from sleep, no video signal in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Windows version is 1909. System specs should be in my profile. This is a new gaming machine I purchased a couple weeks ago. The issue is that when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by mike1127, Apr 12, 2021.

1. mike1127 Win User

when restoring from sleep, no video signal

Windows version is 1909. System specs should be in my profile.

This is a new gaming machine I purchased a couple weeks ago. The issue is that when I put it to sleep, upon waking up through the power button there is no video signal. The lights are on, the fans are spinning, but the monitor reports no signal. I don't have any trouble with this monitor with my other PC or my Mac.

:)

mike1127, Apr 12, 2021
  2. Junaid_A Win User

INPUT SIGNAL OUT OF RANGE while playing Wizard 101

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

This happens if the signal from the video adapter exceeds the scan range of the monitor. The video card is feeding the monitor a signal stream in excess of what the monitor can accommodate. The two main causes for this are that either the resolution
    or the vertical frequency is set high.

You may try the troubleshooting steps listed in HP and Compaq Flat Panel Monitors - Flat Panel Monitor Displays Message about
    No Signal, Signal out of Range, Sleep, or Power Save
    and check if it helps.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Apr 12, 2021
  3. awd_ Win User
    xbox 360 splitting video signal

Hello,

I just happened to come over your post.

Could you please tell us exactly where you don't get any signal? Both the screen and the computer (via capture device)?

Have you tried the following?
    • Make sure you get a signal to the screen when using an HDMI cable directly from the Xbox 360 to the screen. Please make sure all cables work.
    • Make sure you get a signal to the capture card with the same cables.
    If you get a signal on the screen but not on the computer, could you please try the following?
    • Set the Xbox 360 to output at 720p. The frame rate will (or should) be 59.94.
    • If possible, make sure you capture the video with the same settings on the computer.
    • Try any other settings if this does not work.
    If it still does not work, please try this in the same order:
    • Power off computer (and capture device) and Xbox 360.
    • Power on computer (and capture device) and wait until the capture device is properly powered on and initialized.
    • Power on the Xbox 360.
    • Make sure you can capture properly.
    If it still does not work, make sure that one or more of the following are not defective:
    • The HDMI-VGA/composite adapter.
    • The VGA cable.
    • The capture device (could be just the input connector).
    If that works, please install the HDMI splitter.

I am wondering a bit why you show us the wires inside the HDMI cable. Did you remove the isolation and/or do something with the wires?

I am not sure what else to suggest at the moment.

Could you please tell me/us the model of your capture device, and also the adapter between the HDMI cable and capture device?

Regards,
    awd_

4. antzshrek Win User

Windows 10 laptop doesn't go to sleep when wifi is on

Run these steps below:

Method 1: Follow the steps:

Method 2: I suggest you to run in-built Power troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

Method 3: If the above method doesn’t help, I would suggest you to reset and restore all of the default Power Plans back with their default settings. Follow the steps.

Method 4: Lastly I suggest you check your chipset and video drivers, try checking for the updates from the manufacturer's website and update all the necessary drivers, i.e the chipset and video drivers

Let me know if the issue is resolved or if you require further assistance.

source: Windows 10 computer

antzshrek, Apr 12, 2021
Thema:

1. when restoring from sleep, no video signal - Similar Threads - restoring sleep video

2. How to prevent Windows11 from going to sleep when video is playing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to prevent Windows11 from going to sleep when video is playing?: My laptop automatically goes to sleep after x number of minutes, depending on what I set x to be, regardless of whether a video is playing. This new Windows "feature" appears to have been introduced with Windows11. Previously, the OS would not sleep if the user was actively...
  3. How to prevent Windows11 from going to sleep when video is playing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to prevent Windows11 from going to sleep when video is playing?: My laptop automatically goes to sleep after x number of minutes, depending on what I set x to be, regardless of whether a video is playing. This new Windows "feature" appears to have been introduced with Windows11. Previously, the OS would not sleep if the user was actively...
  4. Monitor Not Receiving Signal? Going to sleep?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor Not Receiving Signal? Going to sleep?: Problem: I usually run dual monitors, but only have two HDMI ports: one in the CPU and another in the integrated graphics area up top. But now, when I plug in the HDMI cable up top the monitor says "There is no signal coming from your computer" and proceeds to enter power...
  5. No video signal from Win 10 under any circumstances

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No video signal from Win 10 under any circumstances: Suddenly my Windows machine has no signal for the monitor. I turn it on, the fans spin, the CD drive tests for a disc, and the physical drives spin, but at no point does the screen show anything at all. No BIOS, no Windows logo, no errors. Monitor shows its own "no signal"...
  6. "no signal"display port to monitor when waking from sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    "no signal"display port to monitor when waking from sleep.: this started yesterday,after updating windows.the screen stays dead when waking it,and theres something weird with the kb+mouse,too.kb turns on/off when clicking mouse. please help!...
  7. very slow restore from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    very slow restore from sleep: Windows 10 home 1903. I'm bringing this old Toshiba laptop back into use. It is a Toshiba satellite laptop with 3rd generation I7 cpu and 8 GB ram. Yet when I open the lid to awaken it from "sleep" it takes 18 seconds (!) for the login screen to appear. An even older laptop...
  8. very slow restore from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    very slow restore from sleep: Windows 10 home 1903. I'm bringing this old Toshiba laptop back into use. It is a Toshiba satellite laptop with 3rd generation I7 cpu and 8 GB ram. Yet when I open the lid to awaken it from "sleep" it takes 18 seconds (!) for the login screen to appear. An even older laptop...
  9. External monitor keeps loosing signal when video is played

in Windows 10 Customization
    External monitor keeps loosing signal when video is played: I really hope someone can tell me how to fix this. I have an HP laptop running Windows 10 and an Acer KG271 monitor. I started out using the Acer as the monitor with the laptop closed. This works fine, but if I go on a website like Netflix or AT&T TV Now, any video site...
  10. No video signal

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    No video signal: Quick question. If someone is using a DVI monitor, will this disable the VGA port? I can't seem to get a video signal from a computer that I'm troubleshooting. Thank you.